XBox 360 Chat

Microsoft announces launch plans for Xbox 360 in India

India launch slated for pre-Diwali season. Announcement of the pre-order campaign in partnership with EA Sports and Adidas to coincide with the FIFA World Cup

New Delhi, May 23, 2006: Fueling anticipation for the arrival of its powerful next generation video gaming and entertainment system, Microsoft Entertainment & Devices Division today announced that the Xbox 360™ will make its debut in the Indian market in the pre-Diwali season this year. Starting June 9, 2006 Indian gamers looking for the ultimate digital entertainment thrill ride right out of the box can pre-order the Xbox 360 by SMS’ing “X360” to 8243 or logging onto http://www.indiaxbox.com

The Xbox 360 system will come fully loaded with a 20GB detachable Xbox 360 Hard Drive for storing music, video and games, an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, an Xbox 360 Media Remote control and a Component HD-AV Cable for connecting to component and composite television inputs, an Ethernet cable, and batteries.

Elaborating on the Xbox 360 India launch, Mitch Koch, Corporate VP, Global Retail Sales and Marketing Group, Microsoft Entertainment and Devices Division said “Ahead of Diwali this year, the next generation of fire cracker gaming will begin in India with the launch of Xbox 360. With its high-definition graphics and compelling digital entertainment features, the Xbox 360 will deliver mind-blowing experiences across multiple genres of gamers, no matter what their personal gaming preferences are. We are confident that the response from gamers in India will match the worldwide euphoria around the Xbox 360."

Elaborating on the Xbox 360 India launch, Mitch Koch, Corporate VP, Global Retail Sales and Marketing Group, Microsoft Entertainment and Devices Division said “Ahead of Diwali this year, the next generation of fire cracker gaming will begin in India with the launch of Xbox 360. With its high-definition graphics and compelling digital entertainment features, the Xbox 360 will deliver mind-blowing experiences across multiple genres of gamers, no matter what their personal gaming preferences are. We are confident that the response from gamers in India will match the worldwide euphoria around the Xbox 360."

Speaking at the launch, Ravi Venkatesan, Chairman, Microsoft India said “We are extremely excited about the India launch of Xbox which has undoubtedly been the most eagerly awaited consumer product. Also this launch underlines the strong India commitment that we have as a company for ensuring that our customers in India have access to the latest and best-of-breed technology solutions that enhance their overall PC experience.”

“The timing for the launch of Xbox 360 couldn’t have been better. The Indian gaming community is currently at an inflection point and is poised to have exponential growth in the coming few years as digital experiences emerge to be a defining norm in collaborative entertainment. The Xbox 360 will serve to be a catalyst to fuel this growth and expose Indian gamers to next generation gaming experiences.” Added Mohit Anand, Country Manager, Microsoft Entertainment and Devices Division, India.
Source :- http://assets.xbox.com/en-in/news.htm

Jeez, 15,000 sounds like a lot :p
But I might be getting this and the Wii. This console has a few games which I have my eyes on and plus the Wii lacks sport games (half my games are sport!).

it around 18-20k in mumbai i say you wait till november prices of 360 will surely fall

Hey Duff, do you have a HD TV???

I'm on the verge of buyen the 360 (with World Cup 06) but ive heard alot of stories on the net that the 360 isn't much of a leap if you dont have HD (which i dont).

So what are your thoughts?

.::Stevo::. said:
I'm on the verge of buyen the 360 (with World Cup 06) but ive heard alot of stories on the net that the 360 isn't much of a leap if you dont have HD (which i dont).

It's as true as hens laying eggs. ;)

Last edited:
lol ok.

So there's not much point in me paying my hard earned cash for it then since i only have SD??

.::Stevo::. said:
lol ok.

So there's not much point in me paying my hard earned cash for it then since i only have SD??

tv has a reln of 320x160.
Now u can see why Xbox 360 will be of no use.as HD's have res of 1600x1200.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread