Xbox Gamer Magazine Preview

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks to England getting good again the nation has gone cricket mad. White's back in, the kids are pretending to be Freddie Flintoff out in the street with a plank of wood and a tennis ball, and us? Well we're kind of looking forward to playing an Xbox update of one of the Mega Drive's finest little sport games.
Of course, everything's all new and 3D, coming with all the multimedia upgrades you'd expect. Official commentary is provided by Jonathan 'Aggers' Agnew, David Gower and Ian 'Bash The' Bishop, plus there's now scope for four-player matches thanks to Xbox's superior number of holes. Players can 'drop in' to multiplayer games to take control of a player at anytime, too, opening up the game to even the most casual of cricketers.
You have the choice of playing one-day internationals, full-on five-day test matches, trendy new double-wicket games, and tournaments, plus a historical section- no doubt featuring sepia-toned menu screens- will let you take part in classic matches from yesteryear, like, most probably, the stunning third test against Australia in 1981 where Ian Botham scored 149 and... anyway. Stuff like that.
You also have full reign to assemble and edit your own teams, then try them out in practice nets, and there's also a ready-made 'classic squad' containing the 11 players deemed the best by the Brian Lara Cricket creators. Brian Lara's out on Xbox this summer. GARY CUTLACK

Copyright Xbox Gamer Magazine- March 2005

So we have a new preview of BLIC to indulge- courtesy of the magazine and Planet Cricket's Xbox Article Writer. I don't like the bit where they said that Cricket is 'The game that's only played by posh kids in schools you have to pay to go to.'- I'm not.

Yeah, that bit out private schools is a bit out...even though i go to one , thats not true!

Talk about a generalisation! The bloke who wrote that should go to some of the school's in Bristol! On a postive note, there's nothing bad written about the game is there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread