*You must be online in order to play Don Bradman

kusudial

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
so i bought the game today on steam

i re-installed twice on my comp it keeps saying "You Must be online in order to play Don Brad Man 2017"

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

i re-installed twice on my comp it keeps saying "You Must be online in order to play Don Brad Man 2017"

Are you connected to internet when you are launching the game ? It needs to verify

kusudial

School Cricketer
Are you connected to internet when you are launching the game ? It needs to verify
yes I am connected to the internet. checked firewall aswell

im able to run other games on steam DOTA CS GO etc..

i re-installed the game and also did the 'Verify integrity of the game files"

shmitee

School Cricketer

I'm getting the same issue too and yes I am online before anyone asks

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd have to think that you have a firewall blocking DBC, the server is certainly up and running.

kusudial

School Cricketer
i tried turning off the firewall aswell still same issue.​

shmitee

School Cricketer
I'd have to think that you have a firewall blocking DBC, the server is certainly up and running.
No Firewall issue for me either, this happened with 14 but eventually resolved itself, I would like to be playing now though rather than waiting

shmitee

School Cricketer
Considering that users reported this same issue with Bradman 14, there must be something that triggers this response from the game. Were you able to figure out what the solution was for Bradman 14? As I said, it happened about 6 months in of playing 14, but then resolved itself without me doing anything. Any help would be appreciated on the matter as it's frustrating purchasing a game and not being able to play it straight away! So far I've looked into firewall, graphics driver updates and port forwarding, without much success. Are there particular ports that need to be forwarded that might not be happening automatically for me?

Alberts

International Coach
avast free

Try putting Don Bradman cricket into your exceptions. I know that some anti-virus (AVG and Avast if I recall) caused problems with Football Manager games in the past, it could be causing the problems here.

shmitee

School Cricketer
Wow I didn't know about that, unfortunately that didn't work either but thanks for that tip, good to know for future use.

kusudial

School Cricketer
Try putting Don Bradman cricket into your exceptions. I know that some anti-virus (AVG and Avast if I recall) caused problems with Football Manager games in the past, it could be causing the problems here.

OMG you are a legend.. i didnt know that antivirus had their own firewall and i kept checking my windows firewall

i actually have AVG installed i disabled temporarily and realised that the error didnt show for a while so i removed AVG and it actually worked..

thank you soo much

shmitee

School Cricketer
OMG you are a legend.. i didnt know that antivirus had their own firewall and i kept checking my windows firewall

i actually have AVG installed i disabled temporarily and realised that the error didnt show for a while so i removed AVG and it actually worked..

thank you soo much
Glad it worked for you kusudial! I'm still having issues though, I wonder what on earth could be blocking this game?

kusudial

School Cricketer
Glad it worked for you kusudial! I'm still having issues though, I wonder what on earth could be blocking this game?

it has to be the firewall.. try uninstalling and see if it works. since your antivirus is free you can always re-install it.

i never had this issue with any other games though.

Users who are viewing this thread