Youhana converts to Islam

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Youhana converts to Islam

Cricinfo staff

September 17, 2005

Yousuf Youhana will be known henceforth as Mohammad Yousuf, after it was revealed that he had converted from Christianity to Islam. Yousuf, who was the only Christian in the Pakistan team, revealed he had taken the step after attending preaching sessions from a leading religious group.

It is reported that his wife also converted with him, about three months ago, but it was decided he would not go public with the news for family reasons. According to Pakistan's newspapers, his parents are furious.

"I don't want to give Yousuf my name after what he has done," his mother was quoted as saying by the Daily Times newspaper. "We came to know about his decision when he offered Friday Prayers at a local mosque. It was a shock."

Youhana told reporters he had converted of his own free will, after attending regular preaching sessions of Tablighi Jamaat, Pakistan's largest non-political religious grouping, which includes among its members Youhana's former Pakistan team-mate, Saeed Anwar.

"I cannot tell you what a great feeling it is," he told the BBC. Officials in the Pakistan cricket board confirmed that members of the Tablighi Jamaat have been visiting the board's offices and training camps regularly over the last several years.

? Cricinfo

I know a topic regarding this was posted and closed on Cricket Chat, but since this is the first time it showed up on Cricinfo, I decided to post it here. Good for Yousuf, I just hope these Tablighi groups aren't pressuring the non-Muslim cricketers. I don't mean to generalize but organizations like that have a tendency to do so.

We know!

This is about the 3rd time its been posted

yeh guys plzz close this threat

Third time? :confused:

It was posted on cricket chat. I posted it as news from a credible source, this is the first time I've seen it on Cricinfo.

I just hope these Tablighi groups aren't pressuring the non-Muslim cricketers.

This is why I posted this in the first place. I had a lot of respect for the man before he converted. Nothing has changed. And that's enough from me on this topic.

But why people care so much about this conversion. If he wants he can do it and no one has the right to raise any question

I suppose the fuss is being made is only because he is a big Pakistani cricketer, otherwise nothing much would be made of it, say if it was a Zimbabwe player. I respect him for the decision he has made, and respected the man before he converted and if he felt it was the right choice then I hope he does well.

Ashu is right when he says that and everyone should respect someone who decides to make a major life change like this!

I think people are making a fuss because there is a suspicion that he has been pressured into it, although I doubt that very much. Also his family have criticised him for it, which is bound to cause some fuss.

thats his family mattor i suppose ??

i prefare this threat to be colsed before people start making fuss of it and start bugging each other ???

andrew_nixon said:
I think people are making a fuss because there is a suspicion that he has been pressured into it, although I doubt that very much. Also his family have criticised him for it, which is bound to cause some fuss.
Yes agree with that,we have nothing to say regarding this,so please close this thread before :swords
:cheers

Its only the few idiots that cause a stir up, if it wasnt for people like them we wouldnt need to close threads like this. Its all about one thing, showing RESPECT for other peoples beliefs and religions and as long as the majority of us can do that, then threads like this would be great especially as i didnt know he had converted until i read it here!

Users who are viewing this thread