Your Best County XI?

rko500

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have just started to do a county season and i was wondering which players I should invest in to make a good team. So please could you post your best eleven with a batting order and bowlers in the same way as below:
(Also pls state if a player is an all rounder)

Opener 1
Opener 2
Batsmen 3
Batsmen 4
Batsmen 5
Batsmen 6
Wicket Keeper
Bowler 1
Bowler 2
Bowler 3
Bowler 4

Other players

Player 1
Player 2

Thanks a lot.

I remember having a successful one day team with Warwickshire but too many good cricketers to leave people out.. had these players i think:

Batsmen
Navdeep Poonia
Ian Bell - when not on international duty
Vikram Solanki - used as w.keeper and Captain
Jonathan Trott
James Troughton
Moeen Ali
Marcus Trescothick - When not on international duty
Kadeer Ali
Ed Joyce

All Rounders
Ian Blackwell - used as opening batsman in ODs
Shahid Afridi - Pakistani overseas
M.Amjad - Bangladeshi overseas
Alex Loudon

Bowlers
Sajid Mahmood
Christopher Wright
Liam Plunkett - When not on international duty
James Anyon
Monty Panesar - When not on international duty
Anthony Davies - When not on international duty

also

C.Fayyaz (Bangladeshi all rounder) is a good buy

however this was getting on abit i.e year 2011/12 i think

I always found that Afridi was one of the best players going in Icc 2005. Would normally be available for a good 3-5 years and average over 40 with the bat and pick up at least 50-60 wickets each season.

Scott Newman, Will Jefferson, Owais Shah, Ed Joyce as batsman were all good players, Prior and Adshead were good keepers, and Sidebottom, Franks, Tahir and for overseas Harbajhan and Kaneria were all quality bowlers.

Afridi is brilliant. With Derbs, he walked in at 5 with my top four out cheaply in a OD game. He hammerred a ton and took me past 200. And then took 6 wickets with the ball, but had no support and I lost in the last over. What a player.

I would seriously consider Vaughn .Asif ( a Pakitani bowler) and M.Yossuf ( also Pakistan)
And maybe Michael Vaughn

alex white a pleasure to see you;)

i would recommend Afridi, play him anywhere in bat or bowl and he will do fantastic, the bomber:)

yes i do and if you want to talk pm me, dont spam in the forums

Another great player is Munday the spinner. He takes the most wickets for me every season and is an ace international. I take him everywhere i go and he is awsome.

Flintoff is a hit or a miss because if you check my thread he scored 150* but he is rubbish otherwise

jaz munday is rubbish!! I brought im and he didn't get a wicket in 5 games

Jaztheman said:
yes i do and if you want to talk pm me, dont spam in the forums

Another great player is Munday the spinner. He takes the most wickets for me every season and is an ace international. I take him everywhere i go and he is awsome.

Flintoff is a hit or a miss because if you check my thread he scored 150* but he is rubbish otherwise

Yep Munday is fantastic for me, also Rashid from Yorkshire and Lamb from Hampshire are good spinners.

Joyce, Pietersen and Vaughan have been the best batsman for me.

Last edited:
My best bowler is Jimmy Anderson because he is considant and most of the time he takes good wickets for county level. A good buy. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread