Your Player Cards

So it's fine for you to infringe Waugh's IP but nobody can infringe princess Kasabian's?

Capital P on Princess, thank you.

----------

Sod that. That isn't how this community is working. Either everyone gets it for good, or no one does.

Imagine if I was a mod. Everyone would be banned for something.

But they will...because you'll have it and upload it....

But they will...because you'll have it and upload it....

And it'll say Kasabian21 is the original creator. As would all your other creations.

If you fear that people will genuinely copy the formula to avoid having you as the original creator, then don't upload them. Like you said, I'm sure someone will eventually make other versions of those players.

If you want to share your creations with people that think they're good, then re-upload them.

Last edited:
Why are people on here not as possessive as me? Annoying.

Going back to my earlier point, which I still think is valid, is that two creations will never be anywhere near similar (in terms of finer details). Take Jimmy Anderson - the only two I've seen are BlockerDave's and my own. Both very good. Both look a lot like Jimmy, yet both very, very different. Same with a Warne I posted and someone else posted. And Ponting. This is why I take issue with things like this.

Surely you can see that, even if you think I'm a Grade A bell for acting they way I have?

How can they both be very good and different? do you mean you got different parts right?

Screw it.

People liked your creations and you probably got more praise for them than most other creators on here. It's shitty to pull them down for what can only be describe as a trivial reason, especially when the rest of us have arguably had our work 'copied' when the original creator field was glitched. Do what you want.

Going back to my earlier point, which I still think is valid, is that two creations will never be anywhere near similar (in terms of finer details). Take Jimmy Anderson - the only two I've seen are BlockerDave's and my own. Both very good. Both look a lot like Jimmy, yet both very, very different. Same with a Warne I posted and someone else posted. And Ponting. This is why I take issue with things like this.
I disagree with you. I don't think the Steyn's are that alike if you look close. And perhaps you are being too harsh on aventador74. He could have put lots of effort and time into perfecting israr's Steyn, whilst making it look close to yours by accident. We don't know how long it has been on the server, and so we can't make any judgments. If he wanted to replicate your one, it would have made more sense to start from scratch so he got the full credit.

It doesn't really matter, it won't win you fame or accolades. Add or take them away from the server if you want, but you are making too much out of this.

a lot of your players weren't linked... if i download your unlinked player, link him and reupload him from what i understand from snowy i will get credit. it doesn't mean i "stole" your player.

nobody is as possessive as you because it's a community creator, with the aim of giving the community the best available options. that is literally all that we care about.

finally, and it cannot be stressed enough, anyone with an ounce of self-awareness or a single cell not devoted to pompous douchebaggery can understand that every single one of these players has an image that they may use for profit (we are making international cricketers*, not the swan and duck's 3rd xi), and we are essentially infringing that by making them, and so for us then to cry that our "right" as a creator is being infringed is ridiculous... further we all understand what the academy sharing thing is and how it's used.

in a nutshell: we're more mature than you, poopie pants.

*if i'm not mistaken, you can hire out Geoff Humpage for ?1,000 an hour and he'll stand in the corner of your room in his underpants while you throw corn niblets at him. i am unable to confirm or deny whether i have procured this service.

Last edited:
They are not attempting to replicate the same thing though are they?

How else was I meant to answer your question of, "How can they both be very good and different?". I'm not even sure how to answer that. The word 'subjectivity' perhaps?

a lot of your players weren't linked... if i download your unlinked player, link him and reupload him from what i understand from snowy i will get credit. it doesn't mean i "stole" your player.

Not quite as straightforward as that, it basically requires linking more than once, using more than one creation.

Lets say we both make a John Smith.

I link your John Smith, but only use the Identity.

I then link my John Smith over the top, using everything except Identity.

Then I upload it, it can't have original creator as Blockerdave AND SnowyCasanova, so effectively one person loses 'credit'

Hell, it is perfectly reasonable that this is exactly what happened.

Aventor downloaded Kasbian's Steyn, tweaked the face a bit, linked the IDENTITY OVER THE TOP of his already linked Israr Steyn and uploaded it. Israr keeps the original credit, because that was the original link. If Kasabian took the 5 seconds to link his Steyn, then this wouldn't have been an issue.

Apologies for the bold red, just want to make it painfully clear to point out what is most likely happening here, and not some silly case of someone 'stealing' a creation.

Last edited:
Example attached. Just a quick hair and eye change and lightening of the skin. You may think it's an overreaction and that's fair enough, but it's bloody frustrating.

not only are those actually fairly different, but it's also not your player, it's israr's. literally WTF?

How else was I meant to answer your question of, "How can they both be very good and different?". I'm not even sure how to answer that. The word 'subjectivity' perhaps?

Facial similarity has to be objective though, surely.

nobody is as possessive as you because it's a community creator, with the aim of giving the community the best available options. that is literally all that we care about.

finally, and it cannot be stressed enough, anyone with an ounce of self-awareness or a single cell not devoted to pompous douchebaggery can understand that every single one of these players has an image that they may use for profit (we are making international cricketers*, not the swan and duck's 3rd xi), and we are essentially infringing that by making them, and so for us then to cry that our "right" as a creator is being infringed is ridiculous... further we all understand what the academy sharing thing is and how it's used.

in a nutshell: we're more mature than you, poopie pants.

*if i'm not mistaken, you can hire out Geoff Humpage for ?1,000 an hour and he'll stand in the corner of your room in his underpants while you throw corn niblets at him. i am unable to confirm or deny whether i have procured this service.

I've already said I have absolutely no problem with anyone uploading my creations. Not one bit.

I'm not saying anyone is infringing upon my rights as a creator, I've simply stated I feel that someone has copied my creation and that it's f***** me right off. Whether people think they have or not is a matter of personal opinion, I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Yes, I am pompous. Us creative autistic types are, sadly for the rest of you.

Users who are viewing this thread