Your Cricket Your Records And Your Life In Cricket

Bowling 115 kph at 11 and then changing to spin makes perfect sense ,tbh. If you bowled at 115 when you are 11 , you will be crippled by injuries by the time you are 12-13 and you risk your career getting ruined. However , bowling 115 kph does not seem realistic as well. My bowling partner for the state under-14 team was the fastest in our state , and the max he bowled was around 80-90.

Bowling 115 kph at 11 and then changing to spin makes perfect sense ,tbh. If you bowled at 115 when you are 11 , you will be crippled by injuries by the time you are 12-13 and you risk your career getting ruined. However , bowling 115 kph does not seem realistic as well. My bowling partner for the state under-14 team was the fastest in our state , and the max he bowled was around 80-90.

Sorry guyz some problem tahts why it came repeatedly.1 minute video would be enough

Last edited:
Some bug problem ven i dont know what happened
there is a edit button edit it dear

----------

Have you tried Ebay? I find that it usually has those types of things for low, low prices. A rapid speed for a 14 year old fast bowler would be 125-130 km/ph there is a guy who I had to face with kind of speed.................and well, he broke my ribs

********, you faced John Lovett, and he is nothing like that speed. He is about 110-115kph when on song. And I don't think any 14 year olds can bowl 130km/h either.

Here is an example I printed off a few years ago, but you need another person, a stopwatch and a calculator:

Finally, we've got everything sorted out - how fast do you actually bowl? Naturally, the best thing possible would be to use a radar gun - however they're not genrally available to clubs an schools - but there is a simple way that needs just a stopwatch and a calculator (or a maths geek) to provide approximate results. Start the stopwatch when the ball is delivered, and then stop it when either the batsmen hits or misses it, then divide 45 (or 72) to get your answer in miles per hour (or kilometres). For example, a delivery timed at 1 second has travelled at 45 mph (72 kph). To break the magical 100 mph (160 kph) barrier, the clock must register at 0.45 seconds. Once you get used to working the timer, you will get surprisingly consistent results. I've found that standing behind the net, either directly behind or just to the side, provides the best results.
you have got your answer yourself

@AJEEB MUHAMMED: I gathered that Courtney Walsh is in India these days hunting for fast bowling talent with a particular importance on pace. You will want to know when he is in your city and want to roll the arm over in the presence of the one of the best. You will obviously get your speeds checked and get some valuable tips from the big Jamaican.

@AJEEB MUHAMMED: I gathered that Courtney Walsh is in India these days hunting for fast bowling talent with a particular importance on pace. You will want to know when he is in your city and want to roll the arm over in the presence of the one of the best. You will obviously get your speeds checked and get some valuable tips from the big Jamaican.

Ajeeb lives in Oman , from what I've seen :p :lol

Ajeeb lives in Oman , from what I've seen :p :lol

If I was him, I would have taken the next flight to India. Oh and a bit to add to the Courtney Walsh in India information, the chaps will be selected in the presence of Delhi Daredevils mentors. So I think it means, the bunch will be playing out there hoping to get an IPL contract for DD in the coming years and not for the chance of that blue uniform. I did not expect Walsh to be a part of IPL, never! Why would our legends (first Sir Richards and now Walsh) even care to give their services to IPL franchises and not the domestic teams. Money cannot be that big an issue. :noway

If I was him, I would have taken the next flight to India. Oh and a bit to add to the Courtney Walsh in India information, the chaps will be selected in the presence of Delhi Daredevils mentors. So I think it means, the bunch will be playing out there hoping to get an IPL contract for DD in the coming years and not for the chance of that blue uniform. I did not expect Walsh to be a part of IPL, never! Why would our legends (first Sir Richards and now Walsh) even care to give their services to IPL franchises and not the domestic teams. Money cannot be that big an issue. :noway
yeah you are right but you can't say that they care for money,maybe they just wanted to help indian talents and we all know that mrf pace academy was also established for this motive and some all time greats use to coach there like Mc Grath,Bret Lee,Shoaib Akhtar,Wasim Akram,Waqar Younis etc.

yeah you are right but you can't say that they care for money,maybe they just wanted to help indian talents and we all know that mrf pace academy was also established for this motive and some all time greats use to coach there like Mc Grath,Bret Lee,Shoaib Akhtar,Wasim Akram,Waqar Younis etc.

May be you are correct but should not they be more interested in grooming the talents back in the Windies particularly when the WI cricket is needs them the most and we are even fortunate that our legends are not too old to be able to show how the young guns how it is done. In fact Gordon Greenidge is all set to take guard again for once soon. IIRC, McGrath is head coach there succeeding countryman Lilee, yes? I thought MRF pace academy has not producing too many goods of late or is it just me? Lilee and Chappell did a fairly good job with a pool of players they had, getting Irfan, Balaji and all out of nowhere.

May be you are correct but should not they be more interested in grooming the talents back in the Windies particularly when the WI cricket is needs them the most and we are even fortunate that our legends are not too old to be able to show how the young guns how it is done. In fact Gordon Greenidge is all set to take guard again for once soon. IIRC, McGrath is head coach there succeeding countryman Lilee, yes? I thought MRF pace academy has not producing too many goods of late or is it just me? Lilee and Chappell did a fairly good job with a pool of players they had, getting Irfan, Balaji and all out of nowhere.

Yes you are right,finding talents in WI is their first duty.But anyway we are indian and you westindian so a strong bond is natural.

I did not expect Walsh to be a part of IPL, never! Why would our legends (first Sir Richards and now Walsh) even care to give their services to IPL franchises and not the domestic teams. Money cannot be that big an issue.
Its not just money, its a more casual job compared to being a bowling advicer or selector for india or west indies for that matter.
I wouldnt even classify this as a job, its more of them jus giving some wise counsel, helping the ipl coach, giving tips and just adding morale and glamor with their presence.Also india is a nice place to tour and fans.;)
Even nothing if turns up of their tips in game with the team. its no big deal, were as if its a national job they have to invest lot more energy, time and if things dont fruition they would be accountable to media etc.

Im sure if they are up for the task(investing time and energy) or approached they would surely put WI before club cricket.

Most of this thread is BS, with 10-14 year olds pretending to bowl at international speed when most of them probably only play "gully"(street) cricket

Users who are viewing this thread