Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angelina Jolie

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well right now Zaheer Khan and Ishant Sharma have cemented their places in the Indian team. There are no players whatsoever in India right now who can replace these two bowlers. But the thing is with the "third pacer" spot- the battle is on for this spot and everyone can feel the heat. There are three main contenders- P.Kumar, Irfan, and Munaf with Balaji and Sreesanth being the two dark horses. Who's your pick?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
This is the 1 problem India have at the moment. The lack of quality all-rounder means that outside the sub-continent they can't get away with playing 2 pacemen and then 2 frontline spinners. I don't honestly think any of those bowlers stand up to Ishant and Zaheer, who are 2 of the best in the world. All those names are pretty average, run of the mill fast-medium pacers. Could be a problem for India in somewhere like South Africa where fast bowlers have far more of an impact on games, they can't always rely on Zaheer and Ishant to get the wickets.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
India's third seamer is between RP, Sreesanth, Munaf and Irfan in tests, whoever is in form at the time. Add Praveen to the list for ODIs.
That's fine as it is I think.

And India can get away in Tests with Viru and Yuvi (Urgh, hate saying this...) doing the part-time bowling duties. Even a bit of Sachin if needed. In ODIs it seems Yusuf is the allrounder, with Bhajji and Irfan chipping in with the bat (And Praveen can bat a bit too), while Yuvi (urgh), Viru, Sharma and Raina chip in with the ball.

Yea, so, so far, India has made things work. But dunnow how long it will last.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Praveen should get an opportunity in Test Matches. An average of 23 in First Class cricket in India is none too shabby. Most people seem to think he is only good at the shorter version of the game because of his pace. He makes up with that pace with his swing, and when it's not swinging, he is still deadly accurate.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Irfan Pathan

Can Bat, Field at his best and can bowl as a medium pacer (but missing the early Irfan all thanks to our Guru )

P Kumar my second pick but first in test

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well just give same number of chances that Zaheer had to any of these bowlers, you would have one better than him in future. .

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Angelina Jolie because she's fit.

Well we can always get away with having only 2 Pace Bowlers in the sub continent because the Spinners generaly ake over the game after a while.

But I think a fully fit Sreesanth is good enough to break into the side, A place like New Zealand is a tailor made sitaution for him to shine. Pace, swing and movement.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Noone I prefer from bowlers so went for Jolie just to distract batsman

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
No it might make them horny and give them a sudden rush of energy, which could work against us.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
No they will have some other urges and would wanna leave field asap.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Dunno what you're suggesting.

Haha...We should stop.

Highlander999

ICC President
Zaheer, Ishant and unfunny final poll option, which might have been funny a year ago.......

As it currently stands India can get away with just an average third seamer as they have Harbhajan, Ishant and Zaheer which scares the crap out of any batting line-up. On seaming pitches though, Harbhajan won't be effective and Ishant and Zaheer cannot bowl forever.

I am personally a big fan of Sreesanth, I have seen him a few times in action and he looke pretty decent.

King Cricket

International Coach
Zaheer, Ishant and unfunny final poll option, which might have been funny a year ago.......

As it currently stands India can get away with just an average third seamer as they have Harbhajan, Ishant and Zaheer which scares the crap out of any batting line-up. On seaming pitches though, Harbhajan won't be effective and Ishant and Zaheer cannot bowl forever.

I am personally a big fan of Sreesanth, I have seen him a few times in action and he looke pretty decent.

's antics and "monkey"ness and or 's bowling? :D:p

Users who are viewing this thread