Story Zimbabwe's Tour

What will be the out come for each tour

• Total voters

voldemort

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I made a mistake guys. I thought Asim Kamal was a keeper. I put him on the team using Line up editor. later when i finished 85 Overs of my 4th Innings i noticed that he had taken wickets. So i poked into the mystery and found that Danish Kaneria was the keeper. That was why Danish Kaneria never bowled a ball. I will post the scores soon. But i havent finished the match. I hope to keep it tense and interesting to see the outcome :cheers

voldemort

International Coach
Day 5, 5:12 PM

It?s 5:12 and the sun is getting prepared for it?s glorious setting. In the field Zimbabwe are 158 for the loss of 6 wickets. They still require 211 runs, which is impossible to achieve. But can they pass the time? Can they draw the match? The end can prove to be quite interesting.

The match in every 20 Overs:

After 20 Overs, 11:30 AM: Zimbabwe were 26 for the loss of no wickets.

After 40 Overs, 2:15: Zimbabwe are 82/2. They lost Carlisle (17) and Vermuelen (17). Asim Kamal bagged both wickets.

After 60 Overs 3:30: Zimbabwe were 106/4. Lost Friend (37) and Taibu (2). Asim Kamal got his third and Abdul Razzaq his first.

After 80 Overs 5:00: Zimbabwe were 142/6. Lost Rennie (6) and Flower (46). Rennie was run out and Shoaib Akhtar bagged a wicket

After 85 Overs 5:12: Zimbabwe are 158 for the loss of 7 wickets. Streak is at 12 and Ervine at 11.

Wickets Summary:

34/1 ? Carlisle goes off at 17. He was LBW to Asim Kamal.
38/2 ? Vermuelen is caught and bowled at 17 by Asim Kamal. It marked his second wicket.
100/3 ? Friend goes off at 37. He was bowled by Asim Kamal. It was his third wicketof the match.
106/4 ? Taibu goes back to the pavilion with a 2 to his name. He was caught by Taufeeq Umar off Abdul Razzaq.
134/5 ? Rennie is run out at 12.
134/6 ? Flower goes soon after without adding any run to the total. He made 46 before he was bowled by Shoaib Akhtar.

Statistics:

Innings 1

Score: 158/6
Overs: 85
Time: 05:12
Day: 5
Top Batsmen: Flower (46), Friend (37), Carlisle (17)
Top Bowler: Asim Kamal (3-40), Shoaib Akhtar (1-32), Abdul Razzaq (1-39)
Fours: 12
Sixes: 1 (Vermuelen)
Extras: 10
Maidens: 36
Bowlers Used: 6

Zimbabwe require 211 runs with a few hours left to win the Test

No chance of a win. But there is a hope for a draw. But the bowlers are too good and I am afraid that I might be bowled out before the end. What will be the final twisting end?

voldemort

International Coach
Day 5, 6:07 PM

The match has ended. The match was an interesting one with both the teams competing well in Batting and Bowling. In the 2nd innings batting, Flower (46) and Friend (37) did their best. And for bowling Afridi (3-12) and Asim Kamal (3-40) were the stars. The result is a suspense.

The match in every 5 Overs:

After 90 Overs: Zimbabwe were 168/6. No wickets were lost in the past 5 Overs.
After 95 Overs: Zimbabwe are 181/7. Zimbabwe lost Streak at 22. Afridi bagged his first wicket
After 96 Overs: Shahid Afridi shattered the lower order by taking two wickets and a run out and Zimbabwe were restricted at 187, giving Pakistan a 182 runs win.

Wickets Summary:

175/7 ? Streak is caught by Asim Kamal off Shahid Afridi at 22.
186/8 ? Shahid Afridi bags his second wicket after he dismissed Ervine to an LBW when his score was at 17.
187/9 ? Price goes off for a Close run and was short of the crease after the bails were off. He was Duck Out.
187/ao ? Shahid Afridi striked again as he dismissed Blignaut at 7 with the help of a safe catch from the skipper. It was his third wicket in the last ball of his 9th Over.

Statistics:

Innings 1

Score: 187 All Out
Overs: 96
Time: 06:07
Day: 5
Top Batsmen: Flower (46), Friend (37), Streak (22)
Top Bowler: Shahid Afridi (3-12), Asim Kamal (3-40), Abdul Razzaq (1-39)
Fours: 14
Sixes: 1 (Vermuelen)
Extras: 16
Maidens: 38

Pakistan win by 182 Runs and lead two match test series 1-0.

Lost. Had a mind to make it a draw, but was unable to. Now off to Gurjanwala for the second test. Enjoy!

a47

Club Cricketer
hi voldemort!
nice story pal!!
like your new signature. kind of ... mysterious!
thanks!

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
gold639 said:
I like your sig too Voldemort...looks cool :)

No wonder why you are the best Young member!You like every ones sig :p

voldemort

International Coach
Injury threatens Pakistan.

Shahid Afridi, one of the important all rounders for Pakistan has met with a sprained ankle. He is unable to be able to play the next Test and the first ODI for his team. This injury can prove to be a blow for Pakistan.

voldemort

International Coach
Pakistan VS Zimbabwe at Gurjanwala

Welcome to Gurjanwala for the second Test Match between Zimbabwe and Pakistan. It is Hot here.

Conditions

Pitch: Dry
Weather: Sunny
Temperature: Hot
Chance of Rain: None
Outfield: Quick
Playability: The pitch is dry due to the sun?s scorching heat. The pitch is good for batting and has a good amount of bounce in it. The spinners don?t have much in it but the pace bowlers might have a bit of luck.

lineups

The lineup of Zimbabwe

M.Vermuelen
S.Carlisle
T.Friend
G.Flower
T.Taibu
G.Rennie
H.Streak
S.Ervine
A.Blignaut
R.Price
D.Hondo

No change from the last line up.

The Pakistanian Lineup

Mohammed Hafeez
Taufeeq Umar
Yousuf Yohana
Inzamam Ul- Haq
Moin Khan
Abdul Razzaq
Asim Kamal
Saqlain Mushtaq
Danish Kaneria
Mohammed Sami
Shoaib Akhtar

Moin khan replaces the injured Shahid Afridi. Yousuf Yohana is promoted to third and Moin Khan comes in at fifth

The Toss:

Zimbabwe won the Toss and elected to bat first. The decision seems wise enough tough. But only time can tell it.

Day 1, 5:56 PM

Zimbabwe have made a respectable total of 265 for the loss of 8 wickets. Carlisle made 75and Rennie 36. Mohammed Sami grabbed 3 wickets and Abdul Razzaq 2.

The match in every 20 Overs:

After 20 Overs: Zimbabwe were 48/1. Lost Vermuelen when he was at 17.
After 40 Overs: Zimbabwe are 92/2. Zimbabwe lost Friend at 24.
After 60 Overs: Score 157/3. Flower goes off at 32.
After 80 Overs: Score was 210/5. Lost Taibu (16) and Carlisle (75). Taibu?s wicket marked Abdul Razzaq?s second wicket
After 100 Overs: Zimbabwe are 265/8. Lost Streak (31), Rennie (36) and Blignaut (7). Marked Mohammed Sami?s 2nd and 3rd wicket. Towards the end of the 100th Over, Ervine is not out at 12 and Price at 1.

Wickets Summary:

31/1 ? Vermuelen is caught behind by Moin Khan off Abdul Razzaq at 17.
80/2 ? Friend is caught by Taufeeq Umar off Mohammed Sami at 24.
135/3 ? Flower is LBW at 32 by Saqlain Mustaq
165/4 ? Taibu is LBW by Abdul Razzaq
171/5 ? Carlisle is off at 75 owing to an LBW from Shoaib Akhtar
243/6 - Asim Kamal gets his first wicket after he ?LBWed? Streak at 31.
245/7 - Mohammed Sami bags his second wicket after he got rid of Rennie thorugh an LBW to end the batting lineup of Zimbabwe.
258/8 - Mohammed Sami bagged his third wicket . He bowled Blignaut at 7.

Statistics:

Innings 1

Score: 265/8
Overs: 100
Time: 05:56
Day: 1
Top Batsmen: Carlisle (75), Rennie(36), Flower (32)
Top Bowler: Mohammed Sami (3-54), Abdul Razzaq (2-53), Saqlain Mustaq (1-25)
Fours: 17
Sixes: 3 (Carlisle)
Extras: 14
Maidens: 22

Zimbabwe lead by 265 Runs at the end of first day.

Not bad. But they might be able to chase it and have a good lead. A disciplined over from me can guide me to victory.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread