Australia tour of West Indies

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Australian spinners rarely get scabby pitches, either. Two things need to happen; they have to be watched closely to be analysed and they have to be observed in foreign conditions. The bottom line is that they do need to pick one and they chose not to. At least two out of Casson, Cullen, Doherty, Heal or McGain should have gone on this tour, the last tour before the Champions Trophy. Sending rookies in against Bangladesh at home will not produce useful results.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am looking forward to seeing who Australia's next big pinner will be. Who will step up and fill the huge gap in the Australian Cricket side left by Warne and MacGill? Will it be Hauritz? Will it be Casson? Will it be Cullen? Will it be Bailey? There are so many questions, yet so little answers. We will just have to wait and see.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Ooohhh thats who you have been talking about. I was like who the hell is this Dothery guy. Doherty is the name ;)

Sorry I spelt his name wrong.

Australian spinners rarely get scabby pitches, either. Two things need to happen; they have to be watched closely to be analysed and they have to be observed in foreign conditions. The bottom line is that they do need to pick one and they chose not to. At least two out of Casson, Cullen, Doherty, Heal or McGain should have gone on this tour, the last tour before the Champions Trophy. Sending rookies in against Bangladesh at home will not produce useful results.

The only thing that they will benefit from is the experience of being in the Australian side. Even though I would doubt if we pick two of those spinners.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Surprised Clark hasn't been brought in for the 4th ODI.

Our team
Michael Clarke (capt), Shane Watson, Shaun Marsh, Michael Hussey, David Hussey, Andrew Symonds, James Hopes, Luke Ronchi, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Bracken.

Congrats to David Hussey for finally making his ODI debut, well deserved.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
HUSSEY! yes finally. Hes the only vic I like currently.

Is that the batting order? If it is then Im surprised Clarke is opener and Marsh not. I woud switch them around.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Captain's rules!

Just watching the replay, in spite of the 5 extras conceded off the last ball, I'd give Marshall a bowl more often. Not a lot, but he might have a bit in him.

TC Ink

Club Cricketer
Doubt its the order, Clarkey's just listed first cause he's skipper. Good luck to David.

Anyone know Windies lineup? Gotta get my fantasy team fixed up after all these changes...

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
This is farcicle. They ground staff can't get the covers because they are in front of the site screen. If you were smart you wouldn't put them there!

And it starts to rain and the covers come on!

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Aussies losing a batch of wickets towards the end. Couple of good innings from Roy and Hussey, both scoring 50s to get us up to a good score. Currently 7/268 after 48 overs.

International Coach
marshall falls for a duck to brett lee again,bad start by the windies

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
IMO Marshall doesn't seem a player of International standard...

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yeh, I've not been impressed with what I've seen so far either. His domestic stats are awful for an out and out batsman. Only averaging 27 in FC cricket with a best of 85 and only 6 fifties in 35 innings, then he only averages 21 in domestic List A games, with 1 hundred and 3 fifties in 28 games. Hardly impressive figures, there must be someone in domestic West Indian cricket who is performing better than this. If he's the best that West Indies have to offer in terms of young talent, then they're screwed. Even Jehan Mubarak has a higher FC average for Sri Lanka, and we all know how awful he is.

Users who are viewing this thread