Australia tour of West Indies

Shaun Marsh and Watto have had great series but they can't drop haydoes and symo for these guys can they?

Symonds will replace White or Hopes. So one of Watson or Marsh will stay, most likely Watson because he can bowl.

On the spin front, I said it after they picked this team, they should have brought over one spinner. Now we are relying on White or none at all which is bound to cost us in the Champions trophy.

I don't think they will not include Marsh. Basically they will include him as a reserve opener. Now that Australia has won the ODI series they should try out a spinner. Or shuffle around with the batting order to give some other batsmen a chance.

Hehe problem is we have no spinner to try out.
I suspect we will try Ronchi as opener to see how he goes even thought Marsh and Watson should be battling it out for the other opening spot.

He has actually bowled in some of the Ford Ranger Cup Matches (One Day Domestic games) for NSW and he seemed that he wasn't bowling that bad. I would like to see Hauritz given another go particuarly for the Champions Trophy as having no spinner could see us disadvantaged.

well we have made some changes for the last 2 ODIs, out go Benn, Patrick Browne and Jerome Taylor (injury) and in come Shawn Findlay, Kemar Roach and Nikita Miller. I like the changes since all 3 players that were left out struggled in the 3 ODIs that we got destroyed in, to be fair to Taylor he is injured and needs his rest. I hope that Roach plays so that we can see what he is capable of in a 50 over match that actually matters and Nikita Miller deserved his call up after being the leading wicket taker in domestic cricket.

what happened to hauritz???he seems to be totally out of reckoning.

Totally dropped off after his Test debut. Had a bad season for Queensland soon after before moving to NSW. Over there he had a very good first season but this season he wasn't as good. Dothery performed better this season though so if anyone should be given a go he should be first.

Looks like Ponting is going to be rested from the final 2 games so that is a chance to move Ronchi up the order.

Totally dropped off after his Test debut. Had a bad season for Queensland soon after before moving to NSW. Over there he had a very good first season but this season he wasn't as good. Dothery performed better this season though so if anyone should be given a go he should be first.

Hauritz only played 1 test.

Is that Xavier Dothery from Tasmania?
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/tasmania/content/player/5017.html

Is almost 25 so he would have about another 10 or so years in him. I just don't think the selectors would want to blood two new young spinners in the side. Plus his bowling average is 56.23.

Yea thats him, it's not the FC figures I'm looking at. He was the leading wicket taker for spinners last season and his OD average is similar to Hauritz.
Looking at the OD average seems like Casson has the best average of the lot.

Australian spinners always struggle to get a good domestic record because Australian batsmen play them too easily.

Users who are viewing this thread