ICC Champions Trophy 2009

Who Will Win The ICC Champions Trophy

• Total voters

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
zMario, you should read posts more often. You have given me a huge post saying stuff about things I didn't even talk about or question.

All I said was that he may have different motives/reasons for staying in Pakistan. Also the unquestionable fact that one Australian's view in Pakistan is hardly anything worthwhile to derive any conclusions from.
Hold on, why is his view not anything to derive any conclusions?

He admited he was... "quaky" about coming to Pakistan, but once he did he was fine.

He is a tourist who is working for the betterment of Pakistan.

Of course he may have different motives/reasons, but what could they possibly be? He makes a lot of money in his job, I know he does - huge house (well he's suppoused to be here till 2011-12), but whats that have to do with it? It is a testament that these terrorists are not after innocents such as sportsmen.

And please don't bring up 9/11 - those were Arabs, not the Taliban. I am in no way supporting what the Taliban do, but he has felt safe in Pakistan, he walks in the streets without bodyguards, not sure what more you can ask for?

Also, is my view / opinion nothing to take seriously, seeing as I live here?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hold on, why is his view not anything to derive any conclusions?
Read it. It's in the post. I can't be bothered to repeating everything six times to you because you seem to skim posts instead of reading them.

And please don't bring up 9/11 - those were Arabs, not the Taliban. I am in no way supporting what the Taliban do, but he has felt safe in Pakistan, he walks in the streets without bodyguards, not sure what more you can ask for?
Who brought up Taliban? Are you seeing things that don't exist again, zMario? Why create a conflict when there is none?

Also, is my view / opinion nothing to take seriously, seeing as I live here?
You're not exactly an expatriate, are you?

The bottom line is one expatriate's opinion is hardly anything to draw conclusions from.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Read it. It's in the post. I can't be bothered to repeating everything six times to you because you seem to skim posts instead of reading them.

Who brought up Taliban? Are you seeing things that don't exist again, zMario? Why create a conflict when there is none?

You're not exactly an expatriate, are you?

The bottom line is one expatriate's opinion is hardly anything to draw conclusions from.

You haven't given me any reason as to the "possible" other reasons he may have.

And I bring up the Arabs and Taliban, because the war Pakistan is fighting for the US is with the Taliban, and they didn't do 9/11, and haven't harmed foreigners as far as I know.

It seems this guy is very educated (he's helping construct one of the biggest buildings ever in the subcontinent!), and the fact that he is living is his life freely shows that if you are willing to do something, it can be done.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Why do I not believe zMario's post about the Aussie living in Pakistan :p

Seems very odd that you'd have some lengthy and in-depth discussion about the subject really. I'm quite sure zMario will find some way to "burn me back" and get his fill, but I really find his posts quite funny so i'm looking forward to it.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Cricketman, are you calling me a liar?

I think you should apologize to me, for calling me a liar. Do you know why?

I'm not the only one who has met this guy. And I am not Hash, you can clear that up with anybody who has followed this website.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=1623380&postcount=30

I think I'm in every right to demand an apology from you, because the story is real. So please take your accusations elsewhere. I am not the only one who has met this person, as that post will confirm. And no, that is definitely not me.

"Burn you back"?

Why would I do that, when the guy I'm arguing with thinks Dinesh Karthik is even remotely close to a "good wicket-keeper batsman". 62 byes (or was it more) anyone?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
This discussion very loosely is related to the ICC Champions Trophy in 2009.

I may consider closing this thread until the tournament rolls around.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Don't close it, or I'll miss out on some of zMario's humorous responses ;)

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Damn I hate this. Because of the postponement of this tourney, we have no Cricket to watch in the month of September. ICC should do something about it... Life is getting boring :D...

nikhil_99

International Coach
Ya its so boring,there is no International Cricket in this month now,though Pak is trying to bring West Indies for test matches that too wont be in Sep

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Ya its so boring,there is no International Cricket in this month now,though Pak is trying to bring West Indies for test matches that too wont be in Sep

We already watched Pak WI Test matches 2-3 years ago. I really wanna watch some Pak v Sri or Pak v Aus matches...

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I'm just following the mods words and not taking this flame war any further, its just not worth it.

Pakpassion, as a reliable source? Mmkay, whatever you say dude. I still don't have to believe you, don't bet on the apology because I'm not going to give it to ya.

And just because I like the style of a cricket player means I am stupid or whatever. Its you who thinks Kamran Akmal is better then Gilchrist and Tendulkar is a cheater and a bad test batsman. Don't reply with your little retialiation with crap stats because A) i'm not interested and b) don't take this thread off topic any more. How long will it take you to realize that you are not wanted here at PC, that you are an annoying little brat who has too much time on his hands to try and disprove years of accomplishments of a cricketer with some meaningless statguru numbers.
I've told you this before, get a life.

I'm done with you and this thread. Peace.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Actually I would quite like zMario here...He bring a different arguement to the story and is very knowledgable cricket follower....

Shame to see this postpone as I was quite looking forward to it...Looks like I will just have to wait for the stanford series.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Haha, zMario is freaking awesome. What would this forum be without you? :p

Anyways, won't having the CT next year screw up a lot of the international plans?

Users who are viewing this thread