4th Test: England v Australia at Leeds

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Haha don't think I've seen a captain booed for the prizes. Good response from Ponting, would have loved him to say he loves it.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Run scored by Bell, Bopara and Collingwood combined in both innings: 16
Runs scored by Harmison in second innings: 19

:D

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The England selectors pretty much have no choice in dropping Ravi Bopara, I can't see them getting rid of Ian Bell though. It's all well and good to make changes but to bring in new players in the final ashes match would be fairly unfair (although I'm sure they wouldn't mind).

Does anyone actually think Ramps has a chance of being selected, I know he's puttting up amazing numbers this season but it's in the second divison isn't it. I would love to see him play and I think he would do a better job then what Bopara has but I can't see it happening. Trott has to come into the XI though, but would you bat him at three?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
North gets the man of the match, well deserved, he ensured the bowlers hard work was rewarded. Hard to pick a bowler for man of the match since they all got an equal share of the wickets basically.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Ramps won't get called. He failed for England the first time round because of mental frailty on the big stage and you don't get much bigger than the deciding test match of an Ashes series.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Ramps won't get called. He failed for England the first time round because of mental frailty on the big stage and you don't get much bigger than the deciding test match of an Ashes series.

So who does England bring in?

Trott I assume. Would they bite the bullet and get rid of Ian Bell also and play someone like Rob Key at three. Moore might even get a shot, he did make runs against Australia in the Lions game.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
What a cracker this last match will be. Forget 2005, this is a real series. 1-1 going in the final match to win the Ashes, when's the last time that happened?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I just had a look on Wikipedia. The last time it was 1-1 going into the last test was way back in 1965, the last game ended up being a draw btw.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
In all honesty, we'll probably lose the last Test comfortably with Australia racking up 600 and bowling us out for 350 and 180 and chasing the rest before tea on Day 4.

Users who are viewing this thread