Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

It's gone up to $333 now :facepalm Originally it was only for one stick of ram, because only one was faulty. The problem now is that they don't stock that type of ram any more and there are no NZ suppliers so they have to replaced both sticks with a different brand. Apparently if you have sticks from two different brands it doesn't work that nicely together.

That's probably about $50 for labour, about 200 for the 2x2GB of DDR2-800 Kingston RAM (That's bloody expensive for RAM...) and 80 for the power supply I guess.

Chewie added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

:facepalm DDR3 RAM is cheaper but my motherboard doesn't support it
AU$110 for that RAM, so I'd be disappointed if it was NZ$200, because postage and conversion on that would still be a lot less. You could definitely eBay something.

650W PSU should be more than $80 though, so perhaps it adds up. However, for a system that's obviously not packing an i7 or lots of video cards, it seems excessive to me. Without knowing anything else, I would guess you need no more than 50W greater than what you have already. Maybe even the same rating, just a better quality one.

At least a good PSU is something you can hang onto for quite a few years; spending more than you have to on DDR2 is dead money.

The DDR2 (800mhz) ram was 170 I think. For the same price you can get 4GB of DDR3 at 1033mhz.

The power supply is an antec 520W I think. Which was about $100. I was going to upgrade it because I was going to get another graphics card to run in crossfire, but the cost of these repairs have meant that I'll just wait for a few years and buy a new computer instead.

Sorry to dredge this out but my 1day Cricksim on my XP machine refuses to work. I remember seeing someone posting about it here but I can't find it.

I can't seem to select the team's when I want to sim a match. Any help would be awesome.

The DDR2 (800mhz) ram was 170 I think. For the same price you can get 4GB of DDR3 at 1033mhz.
DDR2 is always going to be expensive now they're not making it, it was the same with DDR1, but such a DDR3 price feels steep. Cheapest 1600 MHz DDR3 2x2GB here is about $80.

I've got one of those USB DVB-T dongle sticks for watching TV on your computer. This is the sort of image I am getting atm in Windows Media Center YouTube - ehshell 2010-11-15 12-49-17-82P.avi

This happened after I formatted my computer, before that I had no problem with WMC and it was working perfectly. Now I've checked that its not my USB dongle using the application provided and it works as normal in there. The reason I want to use WMC is it provides the EPG which the other application doesn't.

This is Windows 7 32 bit, Nvidia 8800GTS graphics card.

Are you talking about the socket or the jack? The socket is the one that's on the computer while the jack is the one on the earphones and mic.

If the socket is broken I don't think you'd can do much with it yourself coz it would be soldered on the board. I'd the jack is giving problems you can cut the wire near the jack and replace it with another jack.

A better explanation of the situation will get more replies..

If you have access to the older drivers, try rolling it back to those?

Abhas added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

I would also check the drivers of the video card, coz I think WMC might use the GPU to render the stream.

How can I get all the files from multiple folders into a single one? My phone's memory card has images sorted in various folders and now I want them all in just one single directory.

Possible?

Are you talking about the socket or the jack? The socket is the one that's on the computer while the jack is the one on the earphones and mic.

If the socket is broken I don't think you'd can do much with it yourself coz it would be soldered on the board. I'd the jack is giving problems you can cut the wire near the jack and replace it with another jack.

A better explanation of the situation will get more replies..

Socket, socket! I was confused on what we call it, it's a socket, not jack.

It's broken in the way that it hasn't come outside the board but is just not working. The rest sockets are fine, the problem is only with the one (it's the blue one at the back)

How can I get all the files from multiple folders into a single one? My phone's memory card has images sorted in various folders and now I want them all in just one single directory.

Possible?
Don't know the direct method but here's what I do. Search all the images present in that directory and cut and paste to folder you want.

Users who are viewing this thread