*Detailed* Questions and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
From my experience, aggressive doesn't = lofted.

It's all about the timing, body positioning and ball direction/angle of delivery.

Certainly you won't be lofting every ball from using the aggressive modifiers though.

Let's say you need to score 18 to win off the last over and want to loft everything, can you do it? I want the ability to loft every delivery if I choose to do so rather than the game/AI deciding for me which shots are lofted and which aren't.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'll let the others explain it but the AI certainly does not play a role in whether you are able to loft a shot or not, everything is physics based.

DeadShot

Club Captain
Not sure if this is answered before.

1. How easy it is to bowl at the same area? For example: bowling 6 yorkers in the last over when we need to defend 6 runs.

2. Is it possible to bowl beamer at the batsmen?

3. Will AI also change the batting order according to situation or it will remain in same order as it is listed during start of the game?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Mike clearly said that the LAS (or RAS?) controls the direction of the shot, the other stick would then control the feet. How do you decide then the face of the bat for horizontal shots if lofted shots weren't based on a 'lofted shots' button?

This batting thing is getting pretty exciting. Funny how HBK was here, he has played the game, Ross is ready to give out the batting mechanics, he too was here, and we still don't know much about the lofted shot thing. Sigh.

I don't like to "hit an run" so if I'm not going to be able to answer questions after a post I generally try to steer clear of an in-depth discussion. I've had little time to be around as Grand Final weekend in Melbourne is pretty full on.

hassanyasin1

Club Cricketer
How easy it is to bowl at the same area? For example: bowling 6 yorkers in the last over when we need to defend 6 runs.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Even if you are very good it is very difficult to bowl the same ball twice, same area but they won't be the same.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Ross, will we be able to choose our shots or are they selected by the AI? E.g. A full length delivery by a spinner can be swept away as well as leg glanced. So would we have the option to choose which shot we wanna play in such situations?

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'll let the others explain it but the AI certainly does not play a role in whether you are able to loft a shot or not, everything is physics based.

Will be really interesting to hear more on this from HBK or Mikey, so look forward to that :)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
For bowling( spinners vs pacers ) - does the conditions like 'under light' or 'under dew' matters? Especially in subcontinent conditions.

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross, will we be able to choose our shots or are they selected by the AI? E.g. A full length delivery by a spinner can be swept away as well as leg glanced. So would we have the option to choose which shot we wanna play in such situations?
As Ross said, there's no AI choosing of shot selection.

It all just comes down to things like the timing of your shot, stick angle selection, body position, modifiers, angle of delivery, etc.

It'll become a lot clearer once you guys go hands on with the game. But it's safe to say you can play either shot once you have a grasp on the controls.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
See guys...it looks like some finally actually knows what they're doing.

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As Ross said, there's no AI choosing of shot selection.

It all just comes down to things like the timing of your shot, stick angle selection, body position, modifiers, angle of delivery, etc.

It'll become a lot clearer once you guys go hands on with the game. But it's safe to say you can play either shot once you have a grasp on the controls.

Hi HBK,
Can you elaborate a bit more on how to play lofted shots? What I understand so far is that left stick controls footwork, right stick controls the shot direction and the triggers (L1, L2, R1, R2) determine the shot power and special shots. So how exactly do we play lofted shots? It's not quite clear and a more in depth explanation might help.

----------

See guys...it looks like they actually know what they're doing.

I don't think anyone actually said they don't know what they are doing... it's more about getting insight into what and how they've done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread