*Detailed* Questions and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

balkeet

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That and harder you run (between wickets and in field) or bowl will fatigue the player faster. Players with less stamina would need to be handled with care. The stamina and strength attributes will dictate their work rate like bhuvneshwar kumar can bowl 10 over spell at a stretch, pattinson is used in shorter spells.

Last edited:

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is a manual gonna come with the game, and how much information will be in it. Some games just tell you to go online for the manual which annoys me cos I like to have a good read first. The Football Manager series used to give you loads of info but now it's like a leaflet!!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
for thread name change - tfft!!

@ross - thanks. i appreciate you guys are gonna be very busy right now gearing up for the big activity which we all hope is imminent. that's what annoyed me - the limited time we had for bowling/skills q&a went off the rails almost immediately and we're discussing lofted shot animation when the initial questions hadn't been answered.

apologies to the forum for being "holier than thou" and i actually love a good digression when it's not just chris gayled in, but we had a great opportunity to get some important information that would have led to better/more complete players in teams and CA and we ruined it. it's us i'm annoyed at.

Given your user name I can see why a discussion about lofted shots will put you off :p

hassanyasin1

Club Cricketer
Will we have player rankings in career mode similar to reliance icc rankings

gamer22

Club Captain
It's hard to read into batting controls. Once we get our hands on the game and start playing it will become all clear. Big ant's explanations have been ambiguous but that's understandable because they don't wanna reveal too much right now.

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
will a player dive to take a catch in boundary

Sorry Guys a Quick 10 mins to answer a few questions, I'll be back later as well though. - I've lost were I got to last week.

So will start with this one.

Yep, diving catches at the boundary will happen, if you are really unlucky, it is possible to dive catch and end up over the boundary, depends on how close you are.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Any plans to introduce further attributes/skills to help differentiate between throwing accuracy/bowling accuracy and conventional/reverse swing?

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Not sure if this is answered before.

1. How easy it is to bowl at the same area? For example: bowling 6 yorkers in the last over when we need to defend 6 runs.

2. Is it possible to bowl beamer at the batsmen?

3. Will AI also change the batting order according to situation or it will remain in same order as it is listed during start of the game?

1. Hitting the same area will be very hard, there will always be variety on the bowling, I've been playing it for a while and hitting the same spot is really hard.

2. Beamers are possible, not easy as they are the earliest of release points when bowling, so timing is hard and if you are too early the delivery will be very poor.

3. Nightwatchmen will be bought is as needed, if run rates drop in limited overs, more aggressive mentality batsman will come up the order if available.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
any skill difference between conventional and reverse swing?

will high inswing skill lead to bowling outswing reverse?

----------

how to make very accurate bowlers (e.g. mcgrath/ambrose) who didn't really swing the ball much as good as they really were?

how does straight seam skill interact with other bowling skills?

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I would imagine the higher your straight seam skill is, the better chance he can swing it. Also might be helpful for seamers!!!! As he' be more able to pitch the ball on the seam

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
MikeM's had issues with the site, he'll try to log in via phone but will be back online properly at 9pm Melbourne time.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I would imagine the higher your straight seam skill is, the better chance he can swing it. Also might be helpful for seamers!!!! As he' be more able to pitch the ball on the seam

Yeah that's my assumption but want to check. Got loads of CA players to update and no idea how to set it

@ross yeah site was playing up for me too - dead slow

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
As an Irishman, in career mode, will I be able to play for Ireland then England a la Morgan and Rankin?

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Thanks for the reply..:D

a)Will the batsman try to take quick singles and doubles if a fielder is kind of slow or do they wait for bad balls to score runs?

b)Quick singles mentality is based on batsman aggressiveness or every batsman try to take those quick singles in a test match?

c)Will the bowlers find it difficult to hold the ball like they are finding it hard at Ranchi in CLT20?

a. Quick singles are based on desire, basically the desire to maintain a run rate, also attributes of fielder, batsman run speed, fatigue, im probably forgetting something.

b. The desire to maintain a run rate may be less in tests, so quick singles less likely, rotating strike or protecting tailenders could change that though.

c. Ive not seen much what's been the issue?

Oregonian

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
Hi, i would like to ask about the bowling action. Is there variety in bowling styles i mean we will be able to experience many different bowling styles or there will be lots similarity in the bowling actions ?? what about the batting styles or stance ??? Is there any option in DBC 14 or in the future CA where we will get an option to choose a batting or bowling styles. Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread