Post your questions about the game here!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ahh. Yes. That's nice. Ideally I'd like to be told what that means in the tutorial: REALLY ideally I'd like to be told why it's important (IE, what foot I should be using to combat them etc) but that might be a lot of work.

Something to look at next time, but maybe Patch 3 could insert a virtual manual into the tutorial? Just so you can browse it in the game?

Right now the game only shows the controls but not all the details such as color coding around the ball etc. Ideally the manual would be embedded in the game itself for those who buy the digital version of the game.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@Ross :Is ball touching the fingers of the fielders and slowing down not possible to achieve?? Because that will bring a realistic approach in fielding as well...It would be fine even if the ball goes through the fielders fingers in the graphics aspect but that would create a new change to the game...:)

----------

We'll look into it @funnyadit.

Now the problem has improved a bit as the "Error posting score to leaderboard" is not there anymore but the rankings and the score in the leaderboard remain the same as before [77523]....

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Ideally the manual would be embedded in the game itself for those who buy the digital version of the game.
The PC version has a direct link to the manual as an option in the main menu.

Patch 2 makes some slight changes to the Practice match mode - so perhaps adding more explanatory text screens would be easy enough.

The problem of course is the balance. Completing all the tutorials in IC2010 (because achievements) is absolutely painful - it takes nearly 30 minutes to run through the absolute basics step by step.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
The PC version has a direct link to the manual as an option in the main menu.

Patch 2 makes some slight changes to the Practice match mode - so perhaps adding more explanatory text screens would be easy enough.

The problem of course is the balance. Completing all the tutorials in IC2010 (because achievements) is absolutely painful - it takes nearly 30 minutes to run through the absolute basics step by step.

Do you mean 09? I thought we simplified them in IC10 (theory being that everyone who bought it probably already had 09) and took them back to text, rather than interactive...

Perhaps we were at the other extreme: there were maybe too many. But I felt it was very important for people to understand: for example if you are going to let people select footwork, then it's not just *how* to do it, but *why* and what suits what. Granted, this takes a bit of explaining, but better in there than not.

You were lucky: at one point I was determined that everyone would be FORCED to play through all the tutorials before getting into a game. I didn't want people to A) get to a game unsure of what they were doing and B) ensure no-one could moan that they weren't told. :)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

I loved the AC09 & IC 2010 tutorials. That's the first thing I did when I got the game, and wouldn't mind an exhaustive & detailed tutorial in DBC 14.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I loved the AC09 & IC 2010 tutorials. That's the first thing I did when I got the game, and wouldn't mind an exhaustive & detailed tutorial in DBC 14.

There was an early version of AC09 (I don't *think* it stayed in there) where you had to select "LIKE CRICKET" or "LOVE CRICKET" when you first loaded up, which changed a bunch of things about the game (like default difficulties/controls, more detailed tutorials etc).

I think you have to be very careful not to alienate more casual players: "Love cricket" was pretty unforgiving and got frustrating very quickly, at which point it suggested you drop down to like for a while to get into it.

I'd love to see something like this in DBC, given so little help on screen during the game (of which I approve, but it does make it so much harder).

graham

Club Captain
Being picked for England t20 in Career mode, as a no3 , it's seems like game has moved me up a level in hardness can this be true ?
Also can any one tell me if I can change England one day and t 20 kits from white to coloured in career mode ?
One again this game is the dogs bollocks !!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Being picked for England t20 in Career mode, as a no3 , it's seems like game has moved me up a level in hardness can this be true ?
Also can any one tell me if I can change England one day and t 20 kits from white to coloured in career mode ?
One again this game is the dogs bollocks !!

Yeah career difficulty increases when you reach national side.

And regarding the whites, it should have been rectified before starting career by making changes in CA..Once career starts no change can be made...

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Yeah career difficulty increases when you reach national side.

Do we know that for sure? Like, it moves from Pro to Legend? I would have thought that the only thing that increases the difficulty is the fact that once you reach the national side you're generally playing against better players?

What IS the difference between difficulties? Has anyone worked out exactly what it affects?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Do we know that for sure? Like, it moves from Pro to Legend? I would have thought that the only thing that increases the difficulty is the fact that once you reach the national side you're generally playing against better players?

What IS the difference between difficulties? Has anyone worked out exactly what it affects?

Saying that from what Ross and Mikey have mentioned...

But the difference I feel is that the margin of error in executing a delivery and a shot with wrong foot placement reduces as the level goes up...Meaning that the controls are more lenient when lower and more kind of strict in higher levels...Not sure if this is right but that is what I feel in the differences in difficulty...

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Difficulty does increase when you get to the National side, that's correct. Currently you increase one difficulty level at maximum. From patch 2, you will be able to go up a maximum of 2 difficulty levels from where you begin. The increase in difficulty levels comes from rank (1 rise) and selection (1 rise).

The increases work as such Rookie to a max of Pro, Amateur to a max of Veteran, Pro to a max of Legend, Veteran to a max of Legend and Legend will stay at Legend.

The different variables as you rise in difficulties are things like footwork needing to be more precise, shot direction needing to be more precise as well as timing needing to be more precise.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Difficulty does increase when you get to the National side, that's correct. Currently you increase one difficulty level at maximum. From patch 2, you will be able to go up a maximum of 2 difficulty levels from where you begin. The increase in difficulty levels comes from rank (1 rise) and selection (1 rise).

The increases work as such Rookie to a max of Pro, Amateur to a max of Veteran, Pro to a max of Legend, Veteran to a max of Legend and Legend will stay at Legend.

The different variables as you rise in difficulties are things like footwork needing to be more precise, shot direction needing to be more precise as well as timing needing to be more precise.

One follow up about difficulty levels in career mode HBK...

I'm playing career on Legend but have noticed that batting in FC matches is tougher compared to other formats. Also, batting at intl level seems to be more difficult especially against spinners where the margin of error seems to be extremely small.

Are there any minor changes at the same difficulty level as the difficulty level definitely doesn't feel the same across all formats (FC vs List A vs T20) and matches (domestic vs intl)? Are there any hidden difficulty sub-levels, especially for Legend, in career mode?

jun00ni

School Cricketer
SQUAD in Career mode

My squad in career mode is same in Test, ODI & T20 International teams....however for opposite sides it changes according to the format but for my team it remains the same.

Westindies

Club Captain
do you guys think that we need that post animation of batsmen doing a jerk after playing aggressive shot? its ugly and also in one of the videos i saw the batsmen's foot went inside the stumps :facepalm i hate that animation, ross it spoils the entire beauty of the game, :noway please remove it

Users who are viewing this thread