Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Apart from wanting more stats, and a few tweaks to how they are presented atm I must admit with the latest patch for Xbox I am pleased with the gameplay ATM, that said one thing I'd like to see added ASAP is the ability to see a players bowling type etc when selecting your line up for casual matches etc. I am looking forward to the next patch, and if the bowling line is more offside, the pausing if the game brings up the scoreboard (as the stats are shown much better on the scoreboard) and if the above mentioned request was met, I'd be very happy with how the gameplay is and how its presented.

Visible swing and seam movement.
I see some movement but it should be more at-least with new ball in favorable conditions, it is still too easy to play every shot without caring about this factor pre-meditated. It actually kills the job of having aggressive field settings as batsman smash you all around from ball 1. I would love to see batsman swinging the bat and failing because of such movement.

Visible swing and seam movement.
I see some movement but it should be more at-least with new ball in favorable conditions, it is still too easy to play every shot without caring about this factor pre-meditated. It actually kills the job of having aggressive field settings as batsman smash you all around from ball 1. I would love to see batsman swinging the bat and failing because of such movement.
I actually got bowled last night with a ball that pitched on leg stump and seamed and clipped the top of off stump. I play on ps3 and that was the first time I saw seam like that. The pitch conditions was low and slow, so this might have played a roll. To be quite honest, I am very happy with how the game plays at the moment and from here it should just get better.

@lastig
Not saying I dont like the way game is. It is huge huge improvement from every cricket game I ever played and it would be really stupid to say it is not good. In my opinion in reality we see ball swinging and seaming more than how much we see in DBC (specially with the new ball). My pattern when I am bowling is that in PP overs batsman just smash you all around because new ball or old ball there is not much visible difference, also in tests until I bring in my spinners things are not very positive for me. May be I am a very bad fast bowler in DBC but I still feel a new ball can move visibly more to make it difficult for batsman. This problem is not only when I am bowling also when I am batting It is really really easy to smash because hardly ever I see movement like your described above.

Also one more thing would be AI mentality and fielding positions. Other day I was playing a T20 match and in last over AI batsman (6,7) needed 13 of last over (very much possible) but the batsman blocked 2 balls and played ground shots on 2 and showed no intent at all to score. Things like these reduce the life of game and I am suffering from this.

That is exactly why I have decided to start batting for both teams. This means you post a score and try to chase it down. I thought this would be easy, but I am not brilliant so I play on pro, and last night I found it quite difficult. I have only been playing career mode till now, but I am going to spend a month or so in tournament mode to improve my batting. Last night's match, I scored 218 in 43 overs. Then chased down that score in 46 overs with 1 wicket to spare and I found t really absorbing an very realistic. Low, slow pitch. Lots of singles and twos, and only about 20 boundaries per innings. After that I have new found respect for this game.

That is exactly why I have decided to start batting for both teams. This means you post a score and try to chase it down. I thought this would be easy, but I am not brilliant so I play on pro, and last night I found it quite difficult. I have only been playing career mode till now, but I am going to spend a month or so in tournament mode to improve my batting. Last night's match, I scored 218 in 43 overs. Then chased down that score in 46 overs with 1 wicket to spare and I found t really absorbing an very realistic. Low, slow pitch. Lots of singles and twos, and only about 20 boundaries per innings. After that I have new found respect for this game.

Well yes you are playing it that way which is fine if you enjoy but this is not how cricket is played right. I think our career players are best representation of how batting should be, if you have to play a shot play it with care we can have special players or special golden patches for batsman's (specific batsman's) who can score freely but rest should just play like a career batsman. We end up with team of 11 batsman with their rating and rankings not making any difference. I dont think we will see this solved in next patch but next DBC 15-16 should be made in this manner.

Fix caught-and-bowled dismissals from straight drives / straight drives should played into the pitch unless they're short balls (red) or the shot timing is very poor.

Fix caught-and-bowled dismissals from straight drives / straight drives should played into the pitch unless they're short balls (red) or the shot timing is very poor.
Straight drives are perfect at the moment and timing is very important...I would suggest to avoid playing straight unless you are confident about the timing...I have only got out once by caught and bowled that too off spinner who flighted the delivery and I thought was a fast delivery and played very early and lob straight to bowler....Just like in real life....Yes there are some instances where the pace bowler drops and fields on purpose when the timing is well...That I would say would be corrected in the next iteration as this version is just about feeling right and the balance to be right....I feel that there are too much of requests for a first iteration in the lineup.....:D

Straight drives are perfect at the moment and timing is very important...I would suggest to avoid playing straight unless you are confident about the timing...I have only got out once by caught and bowled that too off spinner who flighted the delivery and I thought was a fast delivery and played very early and lob straight to bowler....Just like in real life....Yes there are some instances where the pace bowler drops and fields on purpose when the timing is well...That I would say would be corrected in the next iteration as this version is just about feeling right and the balance to be right....I feel that there are too much of requests for a first iteration in the lineup.....:D
I also feel that people are expecting to much. This is already the best cricket game ever. After patch 3 it should be as good as this iteration is going to get. Big Ant would probably want to move on to the next project in the near future.

I also feel that people are expecting to much. This is already the best cricket game ever. After patch 3 it should be as good as this iteration is going to get. Big Ant would probably want to move on to the next project in the near future.
Yeah that's the main reason why they are trying to make the game balanced so that they have some time in releasing the next iteration which which also be next gen, so for that they need to have enough time...Even after these many months they are working hard on getting things right which is just exceptional on their part...The only reason which is enough to support their products, because you know you will get a guaranteed good game from them even not when releasing but through the after sales support they ensure they make the games gamers friendly....:)

Yeah that's the main reason why they are trying to make the game balanced so that they have some time in releasing the next iteration which which also be next gen, so for that they need to have enough time...Even after these many months they are working hard on getting things right which is just exceptional on their part...The only reason which is enough to support their products, because you know you will get a guaranteed good game from them even not when releasing but through the after sales support they ensure they make the games gamers friendly....:)
Well in me they have a customer for life. I would rather spend my hard earned money on a game made by Big Ant than EA. I bought Tiger Woods last year and that will be my last golf game, because they really rip you off, I will buy fifa, but not year on year. The only problem for me is that a lot of games never make it to the South African market. I would really want Big Ant to try their hand at a rugby game as I didn't care much for RWC 2011 and Jonah Lomu Rugby. Till then I will be playing cricket though.

Well in me they have a customer for life. I would rather spend my hard earned money on a game made by Big Ant than EA. I bought Tiger Woods last year and that will be my last golf game, because they really rip you off, I will buy fifa, but not year on year. The only problem for me is that a lot of games never make it to the South African market. I would really want Big Ant to try their hand at a rugby game as I didn't care much for RWC 2011 and Jonah Lomu Rugby. Till then I will be playing cricket though.
They have created Rugby games as well like Rugby league live...But I am looking forward to the lacrosse game and the move based game Table top cricket which is due for release...

They have created Rugby games as well like Rugby league live...But I am looking forward to the lacrosse game and the move based game Table top cricket which is due for release...
Rugby league is not the same as rugby league. As a South African, I can promise you that. I heard that their rugby league game was good and that is why I would love for them to make a rugby game. Their template would be done and then they would easily be able to recreate rugby union.

Can't wait to get home this afternoon though, as I want to play.

Rugby league is not the same as rugby league. As a South African, I can promise you that. I heard that their rugby league game was good and that is why I would love for them to make a rugby game. Their template would be done and then they would easily be able to recreate rugby union.

Can't wait to get home this afternoon though, as I want to play.
Enjoy!!!

I hope patch 3's gameplay isn't any different to the latest console version, its perfect, except for AI innings pacing in T20's - they score too slow and don't hit out at the end of the innings.

The latest version going round on PC sounds stuffed.

Users who are viewing this thread