Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Whenever AI has to face a free hit they are not always very aggressive. I think on a free hit, an aggressive shot needs to be hit regardless of how good the delivery is. Can this be implemented in patch 3?

If you please could add manual difficultly settings to online games. I feel it's always on slog easy mode like amateur or rookie. I want to choose my own setting like Pro or Legend.

@fiction or @Ross would this be an option and are you guys planning to work a little on the online problems?

As now Ross has said that they will be supporting the game longer to take their time for the next iteration, I would expect addition of things to increase longevity:

-Slog Sweep L1 and L2 combo.

-Top edges which goes high in the air when timed badly especially off some serious pace. [For both Human and AI]

-Ability to play leg side when the ball is on the off side. Not to be able to play those shots easily but to increase the chances of inside edge on to stumps and sometimes inside edge to boundary...This is one thing which is totally lacking i.e inside edges off bat rather than a straight forward edge to either slip or WK. And hence reducing the amount of edges to WK. [For both Human and AI]

-Grounded advance down the wicket shots for whole different variety of shots. Only using R1 and normal shot combo and for advance shot with slog will be R1 and L2 combo.

-Edges should go to boundary when there's no fielder in the position or atleast to third man when the pace is 130-145, below those speed you might say that it wont go that much but chances of 2 must be available. If its near keeper then taking in on the bounce is good.

-AI field settings seriously needs tweaking [Had field set with mid on and long on , mid off and long off. Even Wide long on or off is also acceptable but this one not so.]

-AI must play intelligent cricket, the tweak from patch 1 to patch 2 and 2.5 is there but its like either slog or defend, rotation of strike when not able to play the bowler well, Defending when closer to century or a risk free single and think about getting the century rather than giving a easy shot to mid on [Happens even when Human is bowling]

-AI's compulsory single in the last ball of an over should be stopped and they should start running and scoring when they get the opportunity, the balance between slog, rotation of strike or 2's and Defend should be done for longevity.

That's it for now but might be big change to the game but will bring longevity and each and every match played in the game more enjoyable..

It has probably been mentioned a number of times, possibly even by yours truly, but after a number of discussions in the threads the possibility of choosing different levels to bat and bowl would be great: I get on okay with Pro mode batting although that is my ceiling for now, where as with bowling I would want stiffer opossition and more challenge and thus would want to bowl in veteran or legend mode.....dont know if it even could be implemented but still....

It has probably been mentioned a number of times, possibly even by yours truly, but after a number of discussions in the threads the possibility of choosing different levels to bat and bowl would be great: I get on okay with Pro mode batting although that is my ceiling for now, where as with bowling I would want stiffer opposition and more challenge and thus would want to bowl in veteran or legend mode.....dont know if it even could be implemented but still....
I totally play on legend level..But yeah I do agree on the stuff that can be done but the game does need balancing especially AI...People might say that online is where the fun is but I enjoy single player very much and thus expecting such changes for making it a better game...

the possibility of choosing different levels to bat and bowl would be great

This really needs to happen. I bat at pro level but like to bowl at amateur for the longer formats and on veteran for one dayers.

As myself and many others have stated edges need an increase but what I would ideally like to see would be an increase in edges for the first 15/20 overs of the new ball. This would make taking the new ball actually worth something, at the moment it doesn't seem to make the slightest difference.

Batting confidence.

I'd like the confidence for batsman to work something like this:

0-25%: Batsman v. defensive, only non trigger shots played, increased chance of edge/ bowled/ lbw.
26-50%: Still quite defensive, non trigger shots + some double trigger shots( aggressive and brute play the odd aerial shot), slight decrease in chance of e/b/lbw.
51-75%: Far less defensive, shots of all types played ( aggressive and brute play more aerial shots), chance of e/b/lbw much lower.
76-100%: Seeing it like a beachball!! slight decrease in e/b/lbw chances.

Hello everyone,

I would like a small tweak in the batting department of the game. I am a serious player of Don Bradman. And we play multiplayer tournaments n stuff ....

Theres a serious glitch or flaw in the game right now ... ( my game is updated to the latest patch )

When a bowler bowls a line right on top of the wide line on the crease, the batsmen keeps missing every single bowl the other player bowls
This thing has cost me so many matches to loose

Please, Please fix the issue and let the batsmen to move freely in either ways of the pitch while batting

I mean i need to move my batsmen even after the middle stump to play wider bowled bowls

You must have played with certain Mr. C*****

When a bowler bowls a line right on top of the wide line on the crease, the batsmen keeps missing every single bowl the other player bowls
This thing has cost me so many matches to loose

Please, Please fix the issue and let the batsmen to move freely in either ways of the pitch while batting

I mean i need to move my batsmen even after the middle stump to play wider bowled bowls

while this is no serious problem this has become the go to method now online for limited overs. they just pack the offside field with just 1 or 2 on legside and keep bowlng full length balls just near wide line. even decent players resort to this technique at times. so would be cool if i can smack then on the legside a couple of times with the leg glance.

must needed thing when batsman play with backfoot pull and hook shot batsman foots hitting stumps,and crossing through stumps everytime,its a grapic problem,in real cricket it is called hit out but in game every time this happening but not out,make this not happen in patch 3,when it happen make umpire givve out for this

while this is no serious problem this has become the go to method now online for limited overs. they just pack the offside field with just 1 or 2 on legside and keep bowlng full length balls just near wide line. even decent players resort to this technique at times. so would be cool if i can smack then on the legside a couple of times with the leg glance.

isnt bowling wides around the offside tramline a real strategy in lo cricket? Sure you'd get hit around doing it every ball, but it's not totally unrealistic

okay here goes:

- agree with posts above eg. slog sweep
- need to STOP bowlers bowling around the wicket. I mean....Bollinger (LHF) bowling around the wicket to Khawaja (LHB)???
- need to fix animation of walking across stumps (LHS = up, RHS = left).
- hopefully some ability to change players in teams, even if manually, during the season (eg. for the diff formats).

I played few ODI matches but couldn't stump or RUN AI out, is this normal ??

I played few ODI matches but couldn't stump or RUN AI out, is this normal ??

I get the feeling that you need to have manual fielding set to get stumpings. I say this as I have had a handful of opportunities to get one but the AI has been slow to react. I reckon if I would have been controlling it a couple of them would have resulted in wickets.

As far as run-outs are concerned I hadn't seen anything close until I reduced speed and acceleration attributes as the majority of the players had Usain Bolt-like ratings. Since I have done this there have been a couple of close calls.

Ahhh thanks for confirming, that means no stumps on semi-auto field. I agree that AI is slow to respond in handling ball. I hope they add Run out in patch 3 as right now dismissals are only by bold, cautches and lbw.

Users who are viewing this thread