India-England-Australia Tri-series - January 2015

Who will win the Carlton Mid Tri-Series ?

• India

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • England

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Can't Say Anything

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PokerAce

Banned
Forget Dhawan, I don't understand the role of Rayudu as no. 3

I feel Rayudu can only have a role if India lose a wicket early. Rayudu is being used as a pinch hitter. If India get off to a solid start then Kohli will come in.

I still feel India are experinmenting too much, and changing a formidable combination. Kohli at 3, end off.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I got to say, regardless of how much I seem to hate 50 over cricket for the cure to insomnia that it is for about 3 of the 8 hrs, I buy into the hype of the World Cup every tweaking time lol. :rolleyes

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How many have of you have seen this WC AD ... fking Epic ... gives me goosebumps

Nice ad. I also like the Sachin one where he says, as a cricketer you dont dream about records and 100 centuries etc. But dream about winning the world cup for your country. Very nice touch

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I'm not sure I want us to beat India, just because we will get dismantled by the Aussies in the final! At least India will give them a game and might damage their confidence a little.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm not sure I want us to beat India, just because we will get dismantled by the Aussies in the final! At least India will give them a game and might damage their confidence a little.
Not necessarily. We weren't a million miles away from beating them last Friday, it was the appalling last 10 overs of our batting innings and the age-old problem of bowling too short that cost us the game. If we do beat India, the important game will be the first World Cup one anyway.

Given the way we're playing, we're not good enough to beat the top teams but we should be able to beat sides like Scotland, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Not necessarily. We weren't a million miles away from beating them last Friday, it was the appalling last 10 overs of our batting innings and the age-old problem of bowling too short that cost us the game. If we do beat India, the important game will be the first World Cup one anyway.

Given the way we're playing, we're not good enough to beat the top teams but we should be able to beat sides like Scotland, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.

It wasn't 1st Austrailia XI really, but of course I was only joking. I always want my country to win and the more times we get to play Aus the better.

Our bottom order really is dreadful at the moment and Morgan seems to either score 100 or a 0, which is a nightmare.

I really don't understand why we always bowl short. Its so stupid. These are meant to be professional cricketers! Surely they must realise when they bowl short they get punished! Just pitch it up and bowl at the stumps for goodness sake!

PokerAce

Banned

To be fair India have been kinda disappointing if u ask me. Fully deserve to be at the bottom right now. With the rain I think they got a bit of a reprieve. Had they lost, which was quite likely if the match had been reduced to 25 overs, then India would have been facing a near impossible qualification scenario.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
anybody else find cricinfo has reached its full crapification potential,

YEP. Mentioned it yesterday

General Cricket Discussion[DOUBLEPOST=1422545275][/DOUBLEPOST]
then India would have been facing a near impossible qualification scenario.

Enter Kohli :P The guy almost lives for such scenarios.

But yeah, we have been disappointing. But I think part of it is because of the massive shuffles that have happened in the 2 games that have been played.

PokerAce

Banned
looking forward to the game tomorrow. Believe it or not, I thought the match was today and this morning I woke up wondering wht the hell happened.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
A Kohli special tomorrow would feel a lot more good for India. The guy seriously needs to get into the groove before the WC. If Kohli gets into groove, it could possibly mask all other problems for India that have been coming to fore in recent times. :D

PokerAce

Banned
Trust us to lose an imp toss on a bowler heavy pitch.

What does it say abt the bowlers India are taking to the WC where in a must win game, on a pitch which is going to help the seamers immensely, India have to fall back on a bowler who is not even going to the WC.

I mean in what is potentially India's last real game before the WC to play a bowler who is not even in the WC squad is just senseless. It is senseless in all situations, barring one, and that one situation is that Ishant is perhaps not going to be fit for the WC and Mohit is being looked at as a potential replacement and has been given a run out there.

Apart from this situation, the decision to play Mohit ahead of Bhuvi and Umesh is a strange one.

India thus with two big calls to make on the squad - Jadeja who is still not fit, and Mohit playing suggests that there are questions about Ishant also being fit.

Anyway, Dhawan against a moving new ball against a top seam attack on the fastest and bounciest pitch in the world with grass on it. Doesn't fill one with confidence does it.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
A green top ..

Rahane being very cheeky and risque

--

Reading comments on cricinfo about how Dhawan's century might do more harm than good. Dont quite get it. Since he is already in the squad for WC it would be perfect if Dhawan can score some runs and get some confidence back

Users who are viewing this thread