ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I know results matter most but England are so boring to watch, I suppose it doesn't help that the opposition park the bus for the full 90 though.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Harry Kane has earned his England call-up but the U-21s will need him at Euros - ESPN FC

CBMkDvNVAAIbUXs.png

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
^It would be great, but can you honestly see all of those guys turning out for the U21's?

The answer is no.

War

Chairman of Selectors
^It would be great, but can you honestly see all of those guys turning out for the U21's?

The answer is no.

Dont need to pick Sterling, Jones, Wilshere for sure - they are established seniors. But Barkley and the Ox could go, given they are not senior XI regulars and are for various reasons don't play every week for their clubs

War

Chairman of Selectors
Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's a pretty strong squad. I wouldn't say winners though as tournament football does something strange to Englishmen.

I'd struggle to think of a better strike force than Bamford, Berahino, Kane, Ings and Afobe in this tournament though.

From my side, Nathan Redmond was superb on Saturday and is hitting form at the right time for this.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Yeah not a bad squad but surely the Germans or the Spanish are more favourable than us?

War

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah not a bad squad but surely the Germans or the Spanish are more favourable than us?

Spain not in it & we beat a full-strength German side in the March friendly. Been observing it for a while & ENG have more players with experience in the premiership, than many other teams have in their nations top divisions this time around. So while reflex reaction is to downplay England, on paper we have the best team. Its just up to them to not flop in international colours like the seniors keep doing.

Users who are viewing this thread