Ashes Cricket Media Discussion

D

Deleted member 185125

He did download the patch, that's what he said. Maybe it's a one off glitch. Anyways cannot complain since game isn't officially released.
Sorry, the patch download was confirmed by another streamer. No this guy. So not sure about that then.

kulch

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I can't believe 2 wickets fell on that guys first ever ball in ashes. Lol. If only he inverted the controls earlier. But he has exposed a bug atleast

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I really feel bad for @Ross, they must have been so excited and looking forward to the release to see the feedback from the gamers. And, what do they get - a casual gamer uploads the first video from PS4 (perhaps without the Day 1 patch) and shows a bug in the game of the first ball. I mean what are the odds of that happening! BA team must be feeling like tearing their hair apart I guess!

A question - Are the developers allowed to block the console users from playing the game until, say, a version X of the patch is downloaded?
I've removed the clip since we're unsure if the Day 1 patch was applied or not.

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've removed the clip since we're unsure if the Day 1 patch was applied or not.

Next video from the same user ( m.youtube.com/watch?v=RQByFcrCyoA ) begins with the ‘pick your controls’ screen coming up when he loads the game. I think @MattW said that this will show up the first time you load the game after installing the patch. So this suggests to me that previous video with the two down bug was pre-patch gameplay.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Having watched the rest of the innings in question and examined the innings scorecard, I think it's a bug in the scoring system.

On field the correct decision is made. Only the lbw batsman is actually replaced, the batsman who is originally given out 'run out' remains on the field.

The issue is that the score goes to 2 wickets down when it should be 1. This means the player is considered all out with only 9 wickets actually down and the number 11 doesn't bat.

This sometimes happened in DBC 17 as well , that two wickets gets credited to the Bowling Side instead of 1 , meaning Batting side only has 9 wickets to bat with.

But can honestly say its only ever happened like 3 Times in over 200 Online Pro20`s I played on 17.

So very rare.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Requested video of this super over from mazd94's Live PS4 Broadcast Plus extra content Credit to Mazd94

Does anyone know how the following shots were played in the video above (i.e. controls/input for playing the shots)? They look new to me and would love to know...

Reverse slog: Played at 1:27 and 1:54 in the video above
Slog - Played at 2:12 in the video above

Users who are viewing this thread