Ashes Cricket Media Discussion

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Not sure that some of these strictly belong in media.
Could you elaborate a bit on this please? Would be happy to edit the first post. Thanks.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
I think he meant the videos posted by the beta testers.
Oh alright, guess I should create a different section named beta gameplay videos and add those clips under it.

fender211pi

School Cricketer
this rule exits in cricket ??? dont think so ..
That's if the batsman gets stumped, then the ball becomes dead. So the non striker can't be run out even if he is out of the crease.

But in this scenario, if the umpire does not respond to an LBW appeal, the batsmen run and one is run out. Think the second wicket take precedence over the first because the umpire did not respond in time.. It's up to the umpires to give them both out or not.

D

Deleted member 185125

Was not really sure about that... So that's why I said that I think that it must be the case... Will find out more about this rule again.
Only one batsman can be out in a ball. Since LBW was the first dismissal that happened(even though it as given out second) it will be the one which is counted. No matter what happens after that, will not be considered.

fender211pi

School Cricketer
Only one batsman can be out in a ball. Since LBW was the first dismissal that happened(even though it as given out second) it will be the one which is counted. No matter what happens after that, will not be considered.

Thank you for the clarification! I actually believed the same thing but got confused for a moment. Cheers! :)

Pat

International Coach
Its a bug. If the lbw was given, the run out batsman should be given not out as the ball was dead when it hit the batsmans pad for the lbw I think.

I really feel bad for @Ross, they must have been so excited and looking forward to the release to see the feedback from the gamers. And, what do they get - a casual gamer uploads the first video from PS4 (perhaps without the Day 1 patch) and shows a bug in the game of the first ball. I mean what are the odds of that happening! BA team must be feeling like tearing their hair apart I guess!

A question - Are the developers allowed to block the console users from playing the game until, say, a version X of the patch is downloaded?

D

Deleted member 185125

I really feel bad for @Ross, they must have been so excited and looking forward to the release to see the feedback from the gamers. And, what do they get - a casual gamer uploads the first video from PS4 (perhaps without the Day 1 patch) and shows a bug in the game of the first ball. I mean what are the odds of that happening! BA team must be feeling like tearing their hair apart I guess!

A question - Are the developers allowed to block the console users from playing the game until, say, a version X of the patch is downloaded?
He did download the patch, that's what he said. Maybe it's a one off glitch. Anyways cannot complain since game isn't officially released.

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Having watched the rest of the innings in question and examined the innings scorecard, I think it's a bug in the scoring system.

On field the correct decision is made. Only the lbw batsman is actually replaced, the batsman who is originally given out 'run out' remains on the field.

The issue is that the score goes to 2 wickets down when it should be 1. This means the player is considered all out with only 9 wickets actually down and the number 11 doesn't bat.

Users who are viewing this thread