Ashes Cricket Media Discussion

I pre-ordered in an 'ooo, new cricket game!' moment. The IGN video though shows it hasn't progressed enough from DBC 17 to be worth forking out another £40.

Did you already own DBC14? If so, surely the same argument would apply? What is different between DBC14 and 17? I'd argue very little worth spending extra on. Personally I got DBC14 and skipped 17, so will probably get Ashes.

Did you already own DBC14? If so, surely the same argument would apply? What is different between DBC14 and 17? I'd argue very little worth spending extra on. Personally I got DBC14 and skipped 17, so will probably get Ashes.

Difference would have been I guess 2 years vs 1...?

That said I would have a guess he ends up buying ashes shortly after release.

I'm mostly a career mode player and a lot of things added in '17 made that much improved (regardless of stats bugs which never really bothered me that much): Added and improved logo/kit creator means every team looks great (Thanks @Llewelynf for a lot of that), stadium creator means you're not playing a 5 match series in only one ground, dynamic lineups (for all their issues) mean teams actually change throughout the years, plus all the sliders that were added lets you tailor the game personally to make it as challenging as you want without reaching the point of being frustrating.

I can respect the opinion of people that thought the core cricket game-play of '14 was better but the sheer volume of stuff they added in '17 puts it ahead in my mind at least.

As I've said before I'm not expecting them to stuff as much content again into the new game but I'd at least like to see a few more things. Has career mode been updated at all apart from just bug-fixing? Is there properly implemented weather? Can the AI now actually compete in test matches? So far, at least that I'm aware of, we don't know the answers to these questions so I'm going to wait and see.

I'm mostly a career mode player and a lot of things added in '17 made that much improved (regardless of stats bugs which never really bothered me that much): Added and improved logo/kit creator means every team looks great (Thanks @Llewelynf for a lot of that), stadium creator means you're not playing a 5 match series in only one ground, dynamic lineups (for all their issues) mean teams actually change throughout the years, plus all the sliders that were added lets you tailor the game personally to make it as challenging as you want without reaching the point of being frustrating.

I can respect the opinion of people that thought the core cricket game-play of '14 was better but the sheer volume of stuff they added in '17 puts it ahead in my mind at least.

As I've said before I'm not expecting them to stuff as much content again into the new game but I'd at least like to see a few more things. Has career mode been updated at all apart from just bug-fixing? Is there properly implemented weather? Can the AI now actually compete in test matches? So far, at least that I'm aware of, we don't know the answers to these questions so I'm going to wait and see.

Being a career mode oriented player, I agree most of what you said. I enjoyed DBC 17 a lot but the stats bug really frustrated me a lot. Am sure more users would agree on that part. It made me stop playing the game after some time.

If there is only one thing I can ask @BigAntStudios team at the moment, I would be keen to ask "@Ross Is stats bug in DBC 17 addressed ?" I hope to get a positive reply on that from BA Team at the earliest before the release (for me to pre order game happily without any second thought)

Being a career mode oriented player, I agree most of what you said. I enjoyed DBC 17 a lot but the stats bug really frustrated me a lot. Am sure more users would agree on that part. It made me stop playing the game after some time.

If there is only one thing I can ask @BigAntStudios team at the moment, I would be keen to ask "@Ross Is stats bug in DBC 17 addressed ?" I hope to get a positive reply on that from BA Team at the earliest before the release (for me to pre order game happily without any second thought)

I don't think the stat bug is something you need to worry about. I would be pretty damn shocked if it wasn't fixed in the new game.

I don't think the stat bug is something you need to worry about. I would be pretty damn shocked if it wasn't fixed in the new game.
Hopefully. Any confirmation on this from concerned team would be great

Hopefully. Any confirmation on this from concerned team would be great
I'm hopeful since dbc14 didnt had any issues with stats. I'm sure that it would be definitely something they would have fixed.

17 had so much more than 14 with regards to content and content creation, to say there was little difference is ridiculous.

There are vast differences between the way 17 and Ashes play, and the amount of content added on mo-cap alone is enormous.

PS: Every now and again I hit the "show ignored content" to make sure I haven't been too harsh, I can see that my ignores are totally justified - thanks.

PPS: Ignore is a two way street, if you don't like what I have to say then hit the ignore.

Last edited:

DBC 14 is actually a good game

DBC 14 is actually a good game

Exactly, so if you're buying a game pretty much just for the gameplay then they don't differ hugely. For me, those games weren't very different in terms of gameplay.

Some people care more about core gameplay that content or content creation, amazing I know.

Exactly, so if you're buying a game pretty much just for the gameplay then they don't differ hugely. For me, those games weren't very different in terms of gameplay.

Some people care more about core gameplay that content or content creation, amazing I know.

The biggest difference between the games actually was the gameplay, and this had both good and bad elements. If you'd suggest their gameplay was near identical, I'd basically have to assume you hadn't played both.

17 had so much more than 14 with regards to content and content creation, to say there was little difference is ridiculous.

There are vast differences between the way 17 and Ashes play, and the amount of content added on mo-cap alone is enormous.

PS: Every now and again I hit the "show ignored content" to make sure I haven't been too harsh, I can see that my ignores are totally justified - thanks.

PPS: Ignore is a two way street, if you don't like what I have to say then hit the ignore.
Do let us know about the stats bug fix in Ashes. If you have a PR program schedule to let us know about what are changed/fixed from DBC17 then at least inform, that it will be informed before the release.
At the end of the day, if the users buy the product with jus the hype and hope, there may be more copies sold but users tend to be more disappointed. Better to clear things what to expect immediately and what not to expect

@Ashy1985 We have a campaign in place - we are sticking to it. I've said that more times than I can remember. The game has been on public display at least twice with open invitations to record it.

We always give people ample time and vision from play sessions and the like to make decisions prior to purchase, and I'm confident enough to say that if you are on the fence then just wait until it comes out and hear what people think.

PS: In any case, why would I take the time to answer your questions directly when you "thank" posts that talk of cancelling pre-orders? (Pretty rude.)

Users who are viewing this thread