Ashes Cricket General Discussion

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
He did? Can you share the link of the video? Will edit it and post it here. I feel such wow moments should be captured and be displayed for all to see and enjoy :D
Yeah, i can't quite remember which video exactly that it was. One of the videos from yesterday.

akash s

School Cricketer
There are not enough good teams to download in community.
Starting carrier is useless till all teams are available for update in community
Till then only ashes series is worth playing only.

eddo_1025

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Starting carrier is useless till all teams are available for update in community

Well get creating then. You're lucky there are some talented people here who are generous enough to share their creations with us.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
My take is this: if you play online, you either make gentlemen's agreements about that, or you take what you get and deal with it.

Taking what you get, it's up to you to handle what your opponent chucks at you. If that's an exclusive Yorker bouncer mix, if you really can't pick the lengths and play the feet accordingly, you are playing in too tough a difficulty. Take the beating like a man and improve, or go to a lower difficulty.

Asking the game to allow you to premeditate a foot and stick on it is ludicrous - the challenge of cricket is exactly that of picking length, line and speed. What next, asking that timing is also magically fixed so slower balls and effort balls can't catch you out?

If the balance of timing windows is not right - too easy below legend and too difficult on it, that's a different discussion. Same for online sliders.

Coming in calling out non existent bugs, claiming it' killed the online community of a game that hasn't released yet, and challenging anyone pointing out those 2 facts to a 1v1 "bro", is gonna set you up to have the piss ripped out of you.

Well played a few online T20. According to me a there's a habit of hitting everything on front foot which majority of players have which needs to b changed.
And if a grp finds it difficult there's a level below "legend difficulty" to play.

Just to try and clear things up here , please explain how Single Player works.

The way I have it , is that you can select , Legend difficulty , but then move the Length indicators earlier , or is this not so ?

Because thats what I`m proposing for Online , either as a SLider , or an on/off tickbox at match creation.

Same small Timing Window that comes with Legend , but just a fraction of a second earlier notification of a Short Ball.

Pro20 being the main mode played online , we have found that Legend difficulty is the best one that gives representitive scores based on our skills and the Game type (130-190 currently) .

Hence the "Problem" , we sit with , when you drop a level down , all the other shots will fly even quicker to the boundary , just so that you can get the short ball indicator earlier.

Please advise

max2002

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
If we update teams after we start our career, will players update as well as kits and logos?

chaman82

County Cricketer
Just to try and clear things up here , please explain how Single Player works.

The way I have it , is that you can select , Legend difficulty , but then move the Length indicators earlier , or is this not so ?

Because thats what I`m proposing for Online , either as a SLider , or an on/off tickbox at match creation.

Same small Timing Window that comes with Legend , but just a fraction of a second earlier notification of a Short Ball.

Pro20 being the main mode played online , we have found that Legend difficulty is the best one that gives representitive scores based on our skills and the Game type (130-190 currently) .

Hence the "Problem" , we sit with , when you drop a level down , all the other shots will fly even quicker to the boundary , just so that you can get the short ball indicator earlier.

Please advise

Yes fair and perfectly workable solution.

So marker can b viewed slightly early and the timing remains the same of legend.
This can and easily b done in offline at hardest level.
Online also needs this then.

Asking for a front foot shots (by some players) for the short pitched stuff was not fair in my opinion.

ndschan

Club Captain
@SnowyCasanova True. But in online competitions, people used to use a simple tactic of just bowling the combo of yorkers / bouncers because of this.. so instead of playing proper cricket, we have been forced to play just mind games and to gamble with shots on each and every delivery.. so its spoiling the fun of enjoying a superb game.. that's why..
I don't understand, isn't there a length marker in Online mode, which let's you know if the ball is a bouncer or full length, am waiting for the official release hence asking. Also, with using the new batting control the Front/Back Backfoot decision is made by AI (Again can't confirm this, you can).

On a lighter note: Maybe they use disallow Actual Subcontinent players to play every shot of the frontfoot, they'll do much better overseas

indian_tamizhan

Club Cricketer
I don't understand, isn't there a length marker in Online mode, which let's you know if the ball is a bouncer or full length, am waiting for the official release hence asking. Also, with using the new batting control the Front/Back Backfoot decision is made by AI (Again can't confirm this, you can).

Length marker is there in Online mode in all difficulties. But in legend mode you wont get much time to adjust your footwork as the length marker is shown at the time of the ball release. In other difficulties like veteran, pro you ll get enough time to adjust your footwork.

On a lighter note: Maybe they use disallow Actual Subcontinent players to play every shot of the frontfoot, they'll do much better overseas

Nope. Its same for all the players!

indian_tamizhan

Club Cricketer
Yes fair and perfectly workable solution.

So marker can b viewed slightly early and the timing remains the same of legend.
This can and easily b done in offline at hardest level.
Online also needs this then.

Asking for a front foot shots (by some players) for the short pitched stuff was not fair in my opinion.

Dear Chaman, we are not being stubborn in asking bouncers to be playable on the front foot which we know is unrealistic.. we had just shared our thought about the difficulty of facing bouncer-yorker tactic in online legend mode..

Last edited:

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You're kidding right?

First of all, the game hasn't even released officially yet! Be thankful that there are dedicated creators on here that have spent hundreds of hours creating teams and players for you to use. All you have to do is wait, and you can't even do that.

If you don't like it, go ahead and make some players instead of complaining.

What has happened to this forum. Honestly. And I'm sure I'll be the rude person.

Users who are viewing this thread