Ashes Cricket General Discussion

While it's good to see the AI chase the big total in the video above, it's still making weird decisions - e.g. when than the reqd RR was less than 2, it was still hitting lofted shots and lost a few unnecessary wickets. Can't be perfect I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though, hopefully, once the bug of not taking easy singles is fixed, maybe it addresses the issue above as well.

While it's good to see the AI chase the big total in the video above, it's still making weird decisions - e.g. when than the reqd RR was less than 2, it was still hitting lofted shots and lost a few unnecessary wickets. Can't be perfect I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though, hopefully, once the bug of not taking easy singles is fixed, maybe it addresses the issue above as well.
I agree with you.
Maybe match difficulty is also involved?

It's a shame how you people are posting and expressing your joy about the game. Think about the pc players before posting. :'(
Be patient.We pc players will get a more improved product with upcoming patches. There is already an issue with the AI not taking easy singles. So waiting is not a bad thing ATM though the game looks very good already.

The game wasn't written with AI v AI in mind and nothing about the single/multiplayer player experience can be learned from it at all. The AI is written and balanced for human reactions/intentions, no time or resource have been spent on this mode.

I am loathe to take it away but understand why other developers, including EA, do so.

The game wasn't written with AI v AI in mind and nothing about the single/multiplayer player experience can be learned from it at all. The AI is written and balanced for human reactions/intentions, no time or resource have been spent on this mode.

I am loathe to take it away but understand why other developers, including EA, do so.

Seems people seem to think you are building a cricket simulator, rather than a cricket GAME. What's the point in watching AI v AI? There is enough cricket in the real world for this sort of thing. I imagine the simulation algorithm would produce more realistic AI v AI results than an actual match would.

I understand that you think it may give you an idea how realistic the AI is, but programming AI is an incredibly complex, time and CPU intensive task. Many multi-billion dollar organisations (Apple, Google, IBM etc) are still trying to perfect advanced AI and machine learning with teams of hundreds of people and you expect BA to be able to implement it in Ashes Cricket on their budget? It's a cricket "game"... If you're not playing, it kind of loses it's purpose.

Saying that, one benefit of having dedicated servers is that you can collect ball by ball data from every online game and begin to build an algorithm around how humans respond to situations and apply that in a machine learning context (similar to the way Forza uses your avatar to drive against other players when you're offline). I haven't played Forza this generation, so I can't comment on the effectiveness of this method, but compare the budgets of the two studios and I'm sure you will understand why we shouldn't expect this kind of AI in Ashes Cricket any time soon.

Disappointed how slow and floaty the default bowling looks

Much prefer how it looks with the bowling sliders turned all the way up, far more realistic looking, that should be default. There is no zip at all on default.

134k looks like 114k you see in women's matches. Baffles me the speeds aren't actually reflective of what it looks like in real life - that is one of the main things to get right in a cricket game... physics must be way off. Look how close the keeper and slips are for 140k, hmmmmm.

The most exciting part of cricket is the adrenaline of pace, so why dumb it down.

Last edited:
Be patient.We pc players will get a more improved product with upcoming patches. There is already an issue with the AI not taking easy singles. So waiting is not a bad thing ATM though the game looks very good already.
yeah you are right! this wait is very hard, loved the game, counting days for release

Ohhhhh....this would have been the coolest wicket ever in a cricket video game (second only to the bat and pad catch video that was posted earlier by @mazd) had it hit the stumps:

Credit: @AnmolJ . The video was taken from one of his Ashes live streams (search Anmol Juneja - Gameplay for his videos)

^ The drive animation is such a visual delight in that video.

It's a shame how you people are posting and expressing your joy about the game. Think about the pc players before posting. :'(

Then don't visit the forum around its release date. Also, it was PC players who pirated the game and are deservingly given the punishment they deserve.[DOUBLEPOST=1510719013][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is the best ever cricket game till date. So far enjoying it, but I think some of the back foot cut shots seem unrealistic. Hopefully, it will be addressed in future.

You are asking a lot if you think the developer will go back and change the animation.

Then don't visit the forum around its release date. Also, it was PC players who pirated the game and are deservingly given the punishment they deserve.[DOUBLEPOST=1510719013][/DOUBLEPOST]

You are asking a lot if you think the developer will go back and change the animation.

So you think those that do actually buy the game legitimately deserve a punishment, Righteo.

Ohhhhh....this would have been the coolest wicket ever in a cricket video game (second only to the bat and pad catch video that was posted earlier by @mazd) had it hit the stumps:

Credit: @AnmolJ . The video was taken from one of his Ashes live streams (search Anmol Juneja - Gameplay for his videos)

I believe @mazd had a wicket like this in one of his streams yesterday.

Career mode Question to people who already got the game...

1. Did you observe any changes in lineups between Test, ODI and T20 internationals?

You need not have to wait until you get selected to play international, you can search the ongoing series and tournaments for specific countries and check that.

2. Do we have any way to control players to not play for specific formats?

I believe @mazd had a wicket like this in one of his streams yesterday.

He did? Can you share the link of the video? Will edit it and post it here. I feel such wow moments should be captured and be displayed for all to see and enjoy :D

Users who are viewing this thread