Cricket Leagues - Feedback and Suggestions

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I want to start a league of my own, my idea is World Series Cricket, but set in the mid-late 90s.

The idea being there would be 8 teams, representing the top 8 countries at the time.

(in no particular order)
  1. England
  2. Australia
  3. India
  4. Pakistan
  5. West Indies
  6. South Africa
  7. New Zealand
  8. Sri Lanka
The matches will be simulated with as 5 day matches.

I want to get peoples opinion, on what the best simulator to use would be and if there are any (updated) guides on how to rate players...

this is just an idea I've had in my mind for a while and I want to be able to try to see how it would be...

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Think you should use the simulator which you find the most comfortable. I think cricsim is widely used here but I know a test simulator which is accurate as they come. Let me know if you want more info on how to set it up.

Also, the idea seems very good. Such leagues are always exciting

Manish.

Staff Member
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's the Jamee999 python sim. Can be found here.
Just now sent the GitHub link to Rudi to check. Months back simulated few matches. Everything looks good apart from the commentary. Better compared to cricsim.

Edit - Install python, add to path and run the file via CMD.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
Just now sent the GitHub link to Rudi to check. Months back simulated few matches. Everything looks good apart from the commentary. Better compared to cricsim.

Edit - Install python, add to path and run the file via CMD.
Yep, the commentary is not quite like what you would want for a planet cricket tournament. Fortunately, a user has edited this sim to give ball by ball commentary too, only downside is that you can sim only one match at a time with it which isn't even a problem for a pc league. You can find that copy here

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Yep, the commentary is not quite like what you would want for a planet cricket tournament. Fortunately, a user has edited this sim to give ball by ball commentary too, only downside is that you can sim only one match at a time with it which isn't even a problem for a pc league. You can find that copy here
This is perfect, let me run some tests and see how it works and I might be able to use this

Manish.

Staff Member
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's not an issue. Most of us run one matxh at a time. Else case this can be overridden by running in multiple environments.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
I wasn’t quite sure on where to post this, but not sure if this has been done before… an Ashes Premier League consisting of 4 English and 4 Australian teams first season could take place in England second season in Australia and so on and so on. Just putting it out there to see if someone could grab that idea for future uses..

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I wasn’t quite sure on where to post this, but not sure if this has been done before… an Ashes Premier League consisting of 4 English and 4 Australian teams first season could take place in England second season in Australia and so on and so on. Just putting it out there to see if someone could grab that idea for future uses..
Sounds kinda similar to something else... :spy

But I call dibs on Melbourne. :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread