Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Did you say you didn’t play 19? Even if 22 is EXACTLY the same gameplay. It’s a good experience
For me the gameplay is everything. I have nearly 900 hours Tennis Elbow 2013, which looks like THIS:

tennis-elbow-2013-690x388.jpg

I play it so much because it's:
1) a fairly close simulation of real tennis
2) a good challenge on the higher difficulties
3) FUN

While the Cricket 19 gameplay is good and I've had a lot of enjoyment in it (300 hours on Steam but a lot of that was beta testing), after 2 and a half years I've become a bit tired of some of the predictable "quirks" in the gameplay. I was really hoping the new game would add big improvements to things like AI batting, ball and pitch physics, weather etc. I'll obviously reserve judgement until the full game is released but it's hard not to be a little disappointed with how similar the game-play looks to Cricket 19 at the moment.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's still got that thing where the ball bounces just before the fielder. it's almost like it's programmed for there NOT to be infield or outfield catches.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
For me the gameplay is everything. I have nearly 900 hours Tennis Elbow 2013, which looks like THIS:

I play it so much because its:
3) FUN

While the Cricket 19 gameplay is good and I've had a lot of enjoyment in it (300 hours on steam but a lot of that was beta testing), after 2 and a half years I've become a bit tired of some of the predictable "quirks" in the gameplay. I was really hoping the new game would add big improvements to things like AI batting, ball and pitch physics, weather etc. I'll obviously reserve judgement until the full game is released but it's hard not to be a little disappointed with how similar the game-play looks to Cricket 19 at the moment.
I like how the linesman looks like he's taking a pee against the wall while spinning his head 180 degrees to keep an eye on the tennis.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England

I play it so much because it's:
3) FUN

While the Cricket 19 gameplay is good and I've had a lot of enjoyment in it (300 hours on Steam but a lot of that was beta testing), after 2 and a half years I've become a bit tired of some of the predictable "quirks" in the gameplay. I was really hoping the new game would add big improvements to things like AI batting, ball and pitch physics, weather etc. I'll obviously reserve judgement until the full game is released but it's hard not to be a little disappointed with how similar the game-play looks to Cricket 19 at the moment.
I feel the same way about Full Ace tennis. The graphics aren't AAA standard, by any stretch of the imagination, but it plays a superb game of tennis. (I never could get used to the controls in Tennis Elbow.)

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
O
I cant comment anymore. Hours and hours of testing and banging on about things and i genuinely cant see anything different to the gameplay.

I’m Gone till Thursday.

bring on the updat

I cant comment anymore. Hours and hours of testing and banging on about things and i genuinely cant see anything different to the gameplay.

I’m Gone till Thursday.

bring on the update!
One new thing I observed while batting is not all lofted shots are looping in the air. Some of them are directly going to the inner fielders hands

This is only one example but there are other lofted shots went straight into the hands of covers and forward cover.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
O

One new thing I observed while batting is not all lofted shots are looping in the air. Some of them are directly going to the inner fielders hands

This is only one example but there are other lofted shots went straight into the hands of covers and forward cover.
The fielder stood outside the circle there?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
O

Yeah nice catch decent trajectory off the bat. Was about to say what Waste said about the fielder being outside the circle.

My main point was if you don’t touch the lofted shot trigger in a test.. would you ever be caught out?

D

Deleted member 193590

O

That's what I was hoping to see,hope this isn't just a one off.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
O

That there is awesome.. But would it ever happen in a test?

Users who are viewing this thread