Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
So game is still broken, straight drive still weak too... How can people say game fixed? Who cares how some cloud looks in the sky when you can't even play the correct shots xD
I'm not having any issues with straight drives on front foot or back foot. I think Cricket 22 is the first version where straight drives work for me. In fact, I think batting is generally pretty good in Cricket 22. However, I accept that individual experience may vary...particularly on different platforms.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
I bloody love these bowling actions!
I agree. It is great to see this amount of variation in Cricket 22...the actions also seem to require subtle variations on timing to get right when bowling (or at least that's how it appears when bowling in Pro Cam).

But why, oh why, is Ross and the BA team umpiring at international level? Why haven't they got proper umpires by now? I'd love to see mo-capped Billy Bowden or Rudi "Slow Death" Koertzen or Aleem Dar or Rod Tucker (admittedly they're not all still standing)...it would really add some variation. I would also like it if the game waited for the umpire's decision before announcing a wicket. It is very strange that the wicket is given and then it cuts to the umpire...how easy it must be to get the umpire's decision first and then update the score...but Cricket 22 and previous iterations have entirely missed this.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
My Career just crashed and is now corrupted (PS4). It did so as I entered the first match in my second season. This is extremely predictable based on previous careers in previous games… but I was enjoying it and hoping this wouldn’t happen. It just makes it not worth the risk of ever starting another Career if I can get something out of the game elsewhere.

I guess that it’s back to Play Now… fingers crossed there’s no such problems there!

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This any closer to being playable yet?
If you're still unsure, I'd say wait some more. Maybe give it a month and I think the game will be in better condition. The latest patch was good but there's a ways to go yet.

andrew56

Club Captain
Has anyone created any umpires yet.
Can you use playface on PS4.
Has anyone had any rain delays yet during the game.
I think overcast conditions could be better by getting darker and also players body should be all different and muscle tones like db14.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Has anyone seen an umpire a) signal two for the over on above shoulder-height deliveries and b) no-balled a bowler for bowling excessive bouncers? I had Pat Cummins send down 6 very short balls in an over and the umpire only noted the first.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Although I've mainly played in Career Mode, and generally liked the improvements. I had a go at playing The Ashes and noticed that the opposing fielders hit the stumps on pretty much every return throw no matter where they are throwing from. Has this always been the case or has this just appeared? Didn't notice it so much in Career Mode.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I'm not having any issues with straight drives on front foot or back foot. I think Cricket 22 is the first version where straight drives work for me. In fact, I think batting is generally pretty good in Cricket 22. However, I accept that individual experience may vary...particularly on different platforms.
What difficulty and system do you play on?

Another flaw I'm encountering is if you press both triggers for power shot and go for a cut on front foot it does that stupid one knee ramp shot thats meant to go over keeper

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Downloaded Patch 1.10 on PS4 now I downloaded a couple of teams from wasteyouryouth India and Pakistan faces kits very good and updated haven't had any crashes have played Australia v Pakistan in T20 5 match series Aussies are 3 -0 up at the moment in the last match Adelaide had a nice catch by Hazelwood at Mid off and warner at midwicket fielding is better but still needs improving still sliding at times over the rope and sometimes not always throwing at once but that has been reduced now haven't had many overthrows now which is good and I assure you the fielders are not like some old Grandad running after the ball faster but not necessarily like a sprinter the pat backs are good and they don't just wait a few secs any more pat back and then pick up and throw the ball quickly even the AI does this catching has got better and its nice to have them in different areas. Still cant use aggressive shots on the off side as usual they there is no elevation and advanced shots u can do them but still not working as before, Overall the game is much better nice the academy is not crashing. but still more improvements to be made but folks its getter there enjoy your games its so addictive

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Hoping there might still be a bit more added.

I'm certainly hoping so. Unless I'm being blind, there doesn't currently seem to be a way to manually place stands? They all seem to be locked to the sectors around the outside of the playing field. It's really rather restrictive. A lot of the new assets looked really good, but there's nowhere near as much freedom. Less variety in terms of ground shape as well.

It's like a few things with the game at the moment, some really good stuff mixed with poorer stuff. Hopefully, this is just an early implementation and there is more customisation/freedom and a few more assets from previous games on the way. As it is, I'm struggling to see how I'll be able to replicate some of these right now:

Top Score

School Cricketer
Hey this one:

Haven't played the complete innings yet but in a test match, green/very soft pitch, had reduced them to 3/20 in 14 overs so definitely an impact on run rate, because by default they go at ~4rpo

I think yes, you should definitely get lower totals, I could observe a clear difference in their batting capabilities
Every one of those deliveries is a back foot no-ball. I take it the game doesn't have the back foot no-ball rule implemented?

Users who are viewing this thread