Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

johanna

School Cricketer
My Career just crashed and is now corrupted (PS4). It did so as I entered the first match in my second season. This is extremely predictable based on previous careers in previous games… but I was enjoying it and hoping this wouldn’t happen. It just makes it not worth the risk of ever starting another Career if I can get something out of the game elsewhere.

I guess that it’s back to Play Now… fingers crossed there’s no such problems there!
Do you know if the latest patch address this? The latest patch seems to be way bigger in size, hopefully, it's addressed. Right at the end of the season, I get a press conference, and after that completes the game crashes and the save file gets corrupted. I've even tried backing up the save file and restoring it, but it doesn't work. It gets corrupted after the presser. So annoying to start over and over.

dosco27

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Honestly, this game is ashes 2013 remastered, no improvement on cricket 19, don bradman 14 is still the best bigant game by miles

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Honestly, this game is ashes 2013 remastered, no improvement on cricket 19, don bradman 14 is still the best bigant game by miles
You sre entitled to your opinion but there is a majority of folks here calling out the positives of the game. Personally.. C19 was a buggier even after stabilised. Keeper, over throws, byes etc to name a few.

dosco27

School Cricketer
You sre entitled to your opinion but there is a majority of folks here calling out the positives of the game. Personally.. C19 was a buggier even after stabilised. Keeper, over throws, byes etc to name a few.
I thought the last 2 games have been pretty decent but it’s just frustrating to see the same old bugs keep hampering these games

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Do you know if the latest patch address this? The latest patch seems to be way bigger in size, hopefully, it's addressed. Right at the end of the season, I get a press conference, and after that completes the game crashes and the save file gets corrupted. I've even tried backing up the save file and restoring it, but it doesn't work. It gets corrupted after the presser. So annoying to start over and over.

Well this was after the latest patch so it’s not worth the effort for me for it to happen again. My Career (In all Big Ant games) always gets stuck for one reason or other. I’ll stick to doing my stuff outside of Career… though without Competition Designer it’s a bit limiting!

johanna

School Cricketer
Well this was after the latest patch so it’s not worth the effort for me for it to happen again. My Career (In all Big Ant games) always gets stuck for one reason or other. I’ll stick to doing my stuff outside of Career… though without Competition Designer it’s a bit limiting!
Okay, so when you mean all the Big Ant games, was this an issue in Cricket 19 too and then patched out later? I only got Cricket 19 a few months ago and I did not have issues in my career saves. This is the first time I've got Big Ant studio's game at the launch.

I have currently started yet another career on Cricket 22, and hoping that declining the captaincy will not take me to the press conference and so it shouldn't corrupt. This is if the press conference is what is breaking the save, if not I'll just go back to Cricket 19 till this gets fixed. I don't really play anything other than career lol.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Okay, so when you mean all the Big Ant games, was this an issue in Cricket 19 too and then patched out later? I only got Cricket 19 a few months ago and I did not have issues in my career saves. This is the first time I've got Big Ant studio's game at the launch.

I have currently started yet another career on Cricket 22, and hoping that declining the captaincy will not take me to the press conference and so it shouldn't corrupt. This is if the press conference is what is breaking the save, if not I'll just go back to Cricket 19 till this gets fixed. I don't really play anything other than career lol.

It wasn’t really a crash last time. Think it was Ashes Cricket where something happened when I got multiple offers. Game did crash when simming innings on Cricket 19 that pissed me off but in theory I could’ve continued. Did do a long Career in one of the older games.

On 22, my game crashed when I selected Play Game, first game of second season. I’d made it through a Press Conference at the end of the first season.

johanna

School Cricketer
It wasn’t really a crash last time. Think it was Ashes Cricket where something happened when I got multiple offers. Game did crash when simming innings on Cricket 19 that pissed me off but in theory I could’ve continued. Did do a long Career in one of the older games.

On 22, my game crashed when I selected Play Game, first game of second season. I’d made it through a Press Conference at the end of the first season.
Yeah, same with me. Happened thrice now, I finish the first season and there is a press conference. After the press conference, the next match crashes even before it leaves the career menu and on loading up it says the save is corrupted. I am just giving a final try where I am planning to decline captaincy to see if it still forces me to go to the press conference. This is assuming that the press conference is what breaks the game.

Do you remember if you were captain for the press conference or does it just happen regardless of captaincy? If you were not a captain then I'll just leave Cricket 22 be as it is and go back to Cricket 19.

Can you use playface in creating players in PS4.
How do you use playface
We can create new players and while doing that, you do get the option to customize the face, if that is what you mean.

Last edited:

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Theres most likely limitations to what the current engine may or may not do. I have banged on about some things for few years and don’t think it’s possible.

lucky being on beta I have been able to successfully annoy them enough to get lil tweaks like outfield catches in tests etc which to me adds so so much to the game.

I don’t think things are ignored but sometimes it’s a case of being too ambitious wanting to add too much rather than tweak what already great.

I do think this game has a lot going for it and is slowly taking shape.

Is there a beta team currently helping the Bigant team with Cricket 22?

Maximus

Club Captain
It might be me being a bit dense but how do you actually select your custom difficulty that you create?

Made my own difficulty with sliders, but in the pre-game menu you can only select from 'easiest to hardest', with no option to select the named custom difficulty like you could in Cricket 19.

Is this a bug or am I just missing something obvious?

johanna

School Cricketer
It might be me being a bit dense but how do you actually select your custom difficulty that you create?

Made my own difficulty with sliders, but in the pre-game menu you can only select from 'easiest to hardest', with no option to select the named custom difficulty like you could in Cricket 19.

Is this a bug or am I just missing something obvious?
Same, I felt like it was a stupid question to ask because it looks like I am missing something very simple or am just blind. Glad you asked.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, same with me. Happened thrice now, I finish the first season and there is a press conference. After the press conference, the next match crashes even before it leaves the career menu and on loading up it says the save is corrupted. I am just giving a final try where I am planning to decline captaincy to see if it still forces me to go to the press conference. This is assuming that the press conference is what breaks the game.

Do you remember if you were captain for the press conference or does it just happen regardless of captaincy? If you were not a captain then I'll just leave Cricket 22 be as it is and go back to Cricket 19.

We can create new players and while doing that, you do get the option to customize the face, if that is what you mean.

I was captain at the time of the press conference.

I didn’t raise a ticket because it was the usual crash number (CE-34878-0 or whatever) but I will do later in the hope of it getting fixed for everybody.

I can get enough out of the game without Career but I know it’s the holy grail for some.

Users who are viewing this thread