Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I'm certainly hoping so. Unless I'm being blind, there doesn't currently seem to be a way to manually place stands? They all seem to be locked to the sectors around the outside of the playing field. It's really rather restrictive. A lot of the new assets looked really good, but there's nowhere near as much freedom. Less variety in terms of ground shape as well.

It's like a few things with the game at the moment, some really good stuff mixed with poorer stuff. Hopefully, this is just an early implementation and there is more customisation/freedom and a few more assets from previous games on the way. As it is, I'm struggling to see how I'll be able to replicate some of these right now:
Nice looking Bristol ground.

johanna

School Cricketer
Does anyone know that if the bowling marker disappearing for one or two balls here and there is actually a feature (like a special ball?) or is it a bug? I've never seen this happen in Cricket 19, I didn't follow pre-release statements for Cricket 22 and nothing on the internet suggests that there is a feature like this.

I mean, I am not complaining, it is kinda fun when the game works properly.

But sometimes the ball just becomes invisible and at the same time if the marker is invisible too then I am forced to play a random shot without even knowing the line of the ball, let alone the length.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hi guys

Are free hits occurring when batting in limited overs matches (Outside of Career)?

I just played a ODI where there was a front foot no ball but there was no free hit signal by the umpire or info on screen. Free hit was not mentioned on commentary when I missed out next ball.

I did have the same in a previous match and think that Gower commented on missing out on free hit… but like I say, I didn’t see umpire signal (Definitely signalled for no ball) nor did it say free hit in ScoreHUD. I mean, it’s a free hit isn’t it?

johanna

School Cricketer
Hi guys

Are free hits occurring when batting in limited overs matches (Outside of Career)?

I just played a ODI where there was a front foot no ball but there was no free hit signal by the umpire or info on screen. Free hit was not mentioned on commentary when I missed out next ball.

I did have the same in a previous match and think that Gower commented on missing out on free hit… but like I say, I didn’t see umpire signal (Definitely signalled for no ball) nor did it say free hit in ScoreHUD. I mean, it’s a free hit isn’t it?
I've played just a couple of ODIs in which I have had free hits. But I don't remember seeing umpires signalling a free hit though, I don't even remember the umpire signalling a free hit in the career.

However, before the next ball is going to be bowled, you get a little flash in the score HUD that it is a free hit, much like the notification for six which disappears very quickly sometimes, you barely see a black bar showing up. Once the notification disappears and everything on the HUD looks like it is a normal delivery, so you would not see anything on the HUD while the bowler is running in.

I remember being confused because I had a second look for confirmation that it is a free hit, but everything on the HUD looked like it is a normal delivery.

I haven't tried getting out on the free hit to see if it works as expected though.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I've played just a couple of ODIs in which I have had free hits. But I don't remember seeing umpires signalling a free hit though, I don't even remember the umpire signalling a free hit in the career.

However, before the next ball is going to be bowled, you get a little flash in the score HUD that it is a free hit, much like the notification for six which disappears very quickly sometimes, you barely see a black bar showing up. Once the notification disappears and everything on the HUD looks like it is a normal delivery, so you would not see anything on the HUD while the bowler is running in.

I remember being confused because I had a second look for confirmation that it is a free hit, but everything on the HUD looked like it is a normal delivery.

I haven't tried getting out on the free hit to see if it works as expected though.

That’s the thing. I’m pretty sure that the game recognises them as free hits… but I dare not risk it!

sc4mp

School Cricketer
But sometimes the ball just becomes invisible and at the same time if the marker is invisible too then I am forced to play a random shot without even knowing the line of the ball, let alone the length.
It is stuff like this that makes me wonder how anyone has anything positive to say about this broken game.

I just hope that BA will have enough time to knock this travesty into a decent enough shape to make it playable and fun, before they have to move onto something else for economical reasons.

andrew56

Club Captain
So only way to use playface is on steam PC to create real likeness of players.
Just wondering how do you do that does anyone have a video.
Is new patch improved the game and has the fielding become better.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jus saw in career mode that Two more bolwing styles added for fast bolwing.

Style 12 looks good but cant recognise it. Any guess?

Style 13 is Tim Southee.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Just submitted these four - i think if they sort the AI shuffling to off to continally pull through the legside, and the AI fielders hitting the stumps from anywhere on the outfield, we'll have a pretty solid cricket game.

Its much improved from a week ago but still some things like this hurting immersion.

1639871459736.png

Users who are viewing this thread