Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

People saying this big patch fixes a lot of big issues, are the off side shots, weak straight drive and sliders not working how they should fixed?

@Langeveldt Saw your post few pages back and you are correct. I have only really been bowling in 50 over odi games since release and match difficulty hardest + AI difficulty Veteran/Legend/Pro will always get you carted around for 300+ scores no matter what field you set or what you try.

Most recently I have bowled a game on Easiest/Rookie and got the opposition out for 207 (lowest I've ever got AI out) so yet to see if I just get only low scores on this setting or maybe something more realistic
Hey mate in the video I posted- had reduced the AI striker timing and AI run rate. Worked like a charm, they probably got a bit too defensive though so I need to find a middle ground.

Before that, even I got results very similar to what you're mentioning. I think rather than changing difficulty (pro/veteran/legend), it's the sliders that do the trick.

Hey yeah I agree it seems a bit quick! If you do play on these settings though, you'll find it's not so difficult to get used to it.
You just need to get used to the timing window that shifts a bit early after applying these settings.

Problem for me was, I tried different combinations of sliders, and keeping the pace to ~60-70 and not all the way up to 100.

But that just didn't work for me... Idk how these sliders work or are they broken at the moment?
That's why I just maxed out these 4.

It's better than the default setting in my opinion, that just seems too slow
I like cranking up the speed a bit. If I'm facing Starc, Archer, Rabada etc I want to feel rushed at the crease.

What does annoy me a bit though is facing 90+ mph in club cricket each game. Just wouldn't happen and that includes my own player who apparently is bowling consistently around the 96-98mph mark :lol

I like cranking up the speed a bit. If I'm facing Starc, Archer, Rabada etc I want to feel rushed at the crease.

What does annoy me a bit though is facing 90+ mph in club cricket each game. Just wouldn't happen and that includes my own player who apparently is bowling consistently around the 96-98mph mark :lol
Yeah same here mate, love to feel rushed while batting.
True, if a bowler is capable of producing such pace, they'll climb up the ranks way too quick I feel

@Abcd9994 which video and okay will try with lower settings in slider but what kind of totals are they posting now? Let's say you put both sliders on 20 will they always score in the 260 region? (for arguments sake)

@Abcd9994 which video and okay will try with lower settings in slider but what kind of totals are they posting now? Let's say you put both sliders on 20 will they always score in the 260 region? (for arguments sake)
Hey this one:

Haven't played the complete innings yet but in a test match, green/very soft pitch, had reduced them to 3/20 in 14 overs so definitely an impact on run rate, because by default they go at ~4rpo

I think yes, you should definitely get lower totals, I could observe a clear difference in their batting capabilities

Hey this one:

Haven't played the complete innings yet but in a test match, green/very soft pitch, had reduced them to 3/20 in 14 overs so definitely an impact on run rate, because by default they go at ~4rpo

I think yes, you should definitely get lower totals, I could observe a clear difference in their batting capabilities
But the issue is once you put them on a certain difficulty will they only post low totals? Judging by the higher difficulties it may be the case but we will have to test more

But the issue is once you put them on a certain difficulty will they only post low totals? Judging by the higher difficulties it may be the case but we will have to test more
Yes this is something I was wondering about actually. For example, on a flatter surface, the runrate should be somewhat higher, getting wickets should be more difficult. Will try a bit more tomorrow
Post automatically merged:

I bloody love these bowling actions!
Yeah and they keep adding! First Hazlewood, now Southee and Sajid Khan.

Really really adds to the immersion, makes such a huge difference imo

Its clear they want to make the games the best they can be, but at the same time ignoring issues brought up year after year really does your head in.

Theres most likely limitations to what the current engine may or may not do. I have banged on about some things for few years and don’t think it’s possible.

lucky being on beta I have been able to successfully annoy them enough to get lil tweaks like outfield catches in tests etc which to me adds so so much to the game.

I don’t think things are ignored but sometimes it’s a case of being too ambitious wanting to add too much rather than tweak what already great.

I do think this game has a lot going for it and is slowly taking shape.

Hey just noticed something, whenever the batter plays a shot in the game, the bat ends up in their bottom hand. That's not right is it? Generally the bat should end up in the top hand after playing any shot. Even if you take someone like Rishab Pant for example, he hits all those one handed shots sometimes where the bat just comes off one hand. But if I remember, the bat always ends up in his right hand, which is his top hand

Edit: sorry it doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes

People saying this big patch fixes a lot of big issues, are the off side shots, weak straight drive and sliders not working how they should fixed?

@Langeveldt Saw your post few pages back and you are correct. I have only really been bowling in 50 over odi games since release and match difficulty hardest + AI difficulty Veteran/Legend/Pro will always get you carted around for 300+ scores no matter what field you set or what you try.

Most recently I have bowled a game on Easiest/Rookie and got the opposition out for 207 (lowest I've ever got AI out) so yet to see if I just get only low scores on this setting or maybe something more realistic
Weak off side shots are still the same together with lofted shots. Tried a 50 over match just after the update. I went for off side shots specifically to see if it were fixed. Maybe we get another patch tomorrow. I must add that lofted shots for 6 on the off side is random. Mostly they travel flat and straight to a fielder.

Weak off side shots are still the same together with lofted shots. Tried a 50 over match just after the update. I went for off side shots specifically to see if it were fixed. Maybe we get another patch tomorrow. I must add that lofted shots for 6 on the off side is random. Mostly they travel flat and straight to a fielder.
So game is still broken, straight drive still weak too... How can people say game fixed? Who cares how some cloud looks in the sky when you can't even play the correct shots xD

So game is still broken, straight drive still weak too... How can people say game fixed? Who cares how some cloud looks in the sky when you can't even play the correct shots xD
I'm pretty sure it could be patched. It was fine a couple patches ago.

Users who are viewing this thread