Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

D

Deleted member 185125

In general sliders exist for things where the gameplay code already had a modifiable variable - so the bounce sliders are for adjusting the strength of the bounce bonus for using a 'bouncer' delivery or increasing/using the bounce input in spin bowling.

The general bounce is related to the pitches, and there's not a separation between the bounce a pitch has when bowling spin or bowling pace, so there's no opportunity for separated slider in there, as the pitch is the pitch, so you have the one pitch bounce slider.

It's certainly an item on the long list of requests.
The problem currently is that the pitch bounce is not balanced for Pace and Spin equally. The pace bounce it too high and hence reducing it makes the spin bounce too low.

Abcd9994

Club Captain
@MattW thanks so much for discussing these topics with us on the forum!

Are the camera angles being looked at/ planned to be looked at in near future? If we use any "front of the batsman camera angle" such as broadcast/ fixed far/ fixed close, there is a jerk in the visual at the point when batsman hits the ball. I suppose this is because the camera is programmed to follow the ball strictly. So as soon as there is a sudden shift in the ball's trajectory, the camera makes a sudden shift as well.

I recall that this was a problem in cricket 19 at the time of release as well, and was later corrected.

The batting animations in this game are so smooth and gorgeous. But because of the jerk in the camera, users cannot quite appreciate it. I understand there are many more pressing issues to be corrected at the moment, but would really appreciate if you could comment on this.

Ragz

Club Cricketer
@MattW thanks so much for discussing these topics with us on the forum!

Are the camera angles being looked at/ planned to be looked at in near future? If we use any "front of the batsman camera angle" such as broadcast/ fixed far/ fixed close, there is a jerk in the visual at the point when batsman hits the ball. I suppose this is because the camera is programmed to follow the ball strictly. So as soon as there is a sudden shift in the ball's trajectory, the camera makes a sudden shift as well.

I recall that this was a problem in cricket 19 at the time of release as well, and was later corrected.

The batting animations in this game are so smooth and gorgeous. But because of the jerk in the camera, users cannot quite appreciate it. I understand there are many more pressing issues to be corrected at the moment, but would really appreciate if you could comment on this.
To add to these points, in broadcast cam 1 & 2 - once a lofted shot is played, the camera follows the ball only upto a certain height & then continues to cover only the ground under the ball while the ball itself disappears from view before coming down few seconds later.

It's the same whether it ends up being a six or a catch & ends up making for an unrealistic gameplay/viewer experience.

Is it possible to instead zoom out and keep the ball in the frame at all times? @MattW

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've reported this sound glitch way back on release, still its there :(

One thing I've noticed is it doesn't seem to happen when I turn crowd noise all the way to 0

Just posting to give some visibility :)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've reported this sound glitch way back on release, still its there :(

One thing I've noticed is it doesn't seem to happen when I turn crowd noise all the way to 0

Just posting to give some visibility :)

I must be missing something, sounds fine to me, seems to me you're mistaking distortion for someone whistling.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Personally think the ratings are fine. I got Joe Root, one of the top rated male batsmen, out in six balls with three false shots. What needs to be tweaked there?

As far as I'm concerned it is the construction and development of an innings in AI batting that is the core issue. Has been for several games to be honest. From playing the BA cricket games over the years, that is more to do with mentalities - skills are to do with execution. That's not to say some balancing between skills and impact couldn't be done. I think I could've bowled Jason Holder for 45 overs in a row and his stamina wouldn't have gone below halfway.

If people want to spend their time 'remaking' the game, go for it. But, I've seen nothing, in my admittedly very short experience, to suggest that is needed.
Apologies for revisiting an old post but been busy so not had much time to respond in depth.

I'm not and never have suggested you cannot get high rated players out cheaply, nor make them look numpties while they're there. it's not about individual outcomes more the experience in the round.

My opinion is the reason that the "construction and development on an innings in AI batting is the core issue" is due to a combination of the engine overvaluing certain skills, default players being overskilled, the default run rate being too high, and scripting (e.g. tail-end recovery through 8th wicket partnership). We can, with limited effort, resolve most of these through re-skilling and sliders.

One of the reasons mentalities were so non-existent in DBC14 was because it was impossible to make a high-rated defensive batsman. The engine over-valued the skills, meaning in effect nearly every ball was "in their slot", so they'd hit it. Even though the skills model changed in subsequent games this fundamental problem hasn't gone away.

I still have good/very good players in my games, plenty 80+ OVR, but I get there a different route from the default model and I'm not seeing a lot of problems others are reporting. It's certainly not perfect - in my last game I've had a conservative player smash 80-odd from 90 balls when the run rate is set to 13, and the best player in the line up out for a three-ball duck. But I'd rather spend 30mins-1hr setting things up and get a game I can play for hours, than dive right in, get pissed off after 30 minutes and not play it again.

andrew56

Club Captain
Just played the new patch
Cons
Lofted straight drives go over keeper's head instead of straight.
Lofted edges going for six
Lofted shots going super high
Super human slip fielders catches
Drives overpowered and ball goes blurry
Top edges should go up in the straight up in the air
Can't play square cut in new patch

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Had the classic 8th wicket/9th wicket partnership yesterday that included - no leg slip - inside edge for four, leg slip put there that edge never happened again. This is easily replicatable. No legslip? Four down there all the time. Legslip? No edges carrying at all. Had my deep backward fielder stop running so he didn't catch a ball he could easily get to and rather take it on the bounce. Tail enders middling everything despite the pitch turning and earlier batters suffering. The scripting is pretty bad.

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Don't get me wrong, I know there is a brilliant game underneath all the bugs and issues. It feels as though all the intentions and ideas were good, but the actual implementation and execution of the ideas weren't as good. So it needs a lot of polishing before it is up to the standard that we had all hoped for when pre-ordering the game.

I agree wholeheartedly. There is a brilliant game underneath just waiting to break through.

I mean if I get home and eventually decide to go into C22 to see what the latest patch has fixed and it crashes while loading the first match you want to play and you decide to play Farming Simulator 22 instead then you know there is something seriously wrong with the game.

Wow, have you hacked into my system? That is precisely what I did - put Cricket 22 on the back burner due to all its issues and downloaded FS22 instead. Farming Simulator 22 is a bloody good game I might add!

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Apologies for revisiting an old post but been busy so not had much time to respond in depth.

I'm not and never have suggested you cannot get high rated players out cheaply, nor make them look numpties while they're there. it's not about individual outcomes more the experience in the round.

My opinion is the reason that the "construction and development on an innings in AI batting is the core issue" is due to a combination of the engine overvaluing certain skills, default players being overskilled, the default run rate being too high, and scripting (e.g. tail-end recovery through 8th wicket partnership). We can, with limited effort, resolve most of these through re-skilling and sliders.

One of the reasons mentalities were so non-existent in DBC14 was because it was impossible to make a high-rated defensive batsman. The engine over-valued the skills, meaning in effect nearly every ball was "in their slot", so they'd hit it. Even though the skills model changed in subsequent games this fundamental problem hasn't gone away.

I still have good/very good players in my games, plenty 80+ OVR, but I get there a different route from the default model and I'm not seeing a lot of problems others are reporting. It's certainly not perfect - in my last game I've had a conservative player smash 80-odd from 90 balls when the run rate is set to 13, and the best player in the line up out for a three-ball duck. But I'd rather spend 30mins-1hr setting things up and get a game I can play for hours, than dive right in, get pissed off after 30 minutes and not play it again.
The irritating thing is that scripting and the implausible 8th wicket stands have been there since DB14. The exaggerated run rate bug seems to vary - it's not there so much in DB17 or Ashes but reappears in recent versions. Is this a deliberate decision to make the game faster for the casual /lazy player? I find county championship games more realistic probably due to lower skilling, although some lower skilled tailenders still morph into Don Bradman at his best and hit everything off the park on a four day crumbly wicket or murder a new ball on a green top...

Again the frustration is the same with every new release - quite fun but too many bugs and anyone who really knows cricket soon gets frustrated.

Hester

County Cricketer
Has anyone noticed that when you go to the academy menu, it has the picture of 2 players walking out to bat, in a test, wearing BLUE gloves?
I've only recently been able to download teams but every one I download wears blue gloves in a test match. I download wasteyouryouth's teams (amazing work btw) and I can see videos on YouTube of the players with white gloves, but on my xbox they're all blue.
Does anyone think it's weird about the academy menu pic and the strange case of players wearing blue gloves even when they are set to team colours?

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
I agree wholeheartedly. There is a brilliant game underneath just waiting to break through.

Wow, have you hacked into my system? That is precisely what I did - put Cricket 22 on the back burner due to all its issues and downloaded FS22 instead. Farming Simulator 22 is a bloody good game I might add!
Hahaha well played...

FS22 released a few days before C22 and I was still thinking it would be a bit of a waste buying FS22 because I would be too busy playing C22. Turns out it was the best decision I could have made at the time. And I'll agree, I've been having way more fun playing FS22 while waiting for C22 to get sorted out.

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Matt w that.s great and i understand the gameplay and the bugs are first priority of course fair enough just wondering i know Ross has said Hot spot will be put back in the game thermal imagining and also any news about NZ stadiums in the game of course happy to wait just wondering when that would be thank you

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Has anyone noticed that when you go to the academy menu, it has the picture of 2 players walking out to bat, in a test, wearing BLUE gloves?
I've only recently been able to download teams but every one I download wears blue gloves in a test match. I download wasteyouryouth's teams (amazing work btw) and I can see videos on YouTube of the players with white gloves, but on my xbox they're all blue.
Does anyone think it's weird about the academy menu pic and the strange case of players wearing blue gloves even when they are set to team colours?
This is caused because that is the default gloves, and if you create gloves as part of a team uniform and set the player to wear team kit it doesn’t work.

it can only be fixed by setting the players gloves yourself, giving them pattern 4 and changing the colours and not letting them wear team kit

Users who are viewing this thread