Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

I've already raised a ticket but hopefully soon we can get AI batsmen moving their feet to spin. Stumpings were a feature in the old EA Cricket games in the 00s so there's really no excuse for this to be missing.
Stumpings seem to be broken ever since they started mo capping the batting animations since cricket 19. No idea how mo capping is done or how they did it. But going off the animations in game seems there was no ball in play, they just had someone shadow batting behind maybe a taped line. Irl the batsmen wouldn't always be playing from the crease playing front foot shots, there would be more intent to come out to meet/ lean into the ball, naturally the back foot would drag. The lack of drag is particularly exposed against spin bowling.

Can't remember the batting style, but the one with the extravagant follow through. In both cricket 19 /22 when batsmen with that style play the booming leg glance against spin and miss the back foot genuinely drags and you can get proper stumpings. But that's the only legitimate animation in the game that can result in stumpings if batsmen miss.

Hopefully it's addressed or even possible to address? Dunno how you can have a cricket game with stumpings completely broken.

Last edited:
It drives me insane when you are a batting all-rounder and the captain decides to bring you into the attack on a hard deck to bowl spin in the 6th over on day 1 of a test match and end up bowling more overs than the actual bowlers in the team. In one first class match the AI had two spinners bowling within the first 10 overs of the match. The opening blower gets 2 or 3 overs to start off the day's play, then the spinners come on...
100%. Very frustrating. If I get brought on to bowl and I think it’s too early, I just simulate until it’s an appropriate time. Ruins the bowling aspect of the game, for sure.

Do they have X factor in bbl
Can you pick 12 and 13 men.
Do they have indengious kits in the game
Yes Andrew they do have the x factor in i seen it in competition mode didn't see the indigenous kits. in career mode ddint see the x factor player the power surge is there after the 1oth over just press up on the d pad

100%. Very frustrating. If I get brought on to bowl and I think it’s too early, I just simulate until it’s an appropriate time. Ruins the bowling aspect of the game, for sure.
Really think that game needs one more type all-rounder. "part timer" who bowls rarely in tests and occasional 1 - 5 overs in limited overs. I've been saying this from c19 days. Certainly don't want my all rounder to bowl more overs than gun bowlers in my team.

Good news: i able to fix power play count issue if you want to edit listA type match.
E.g: i want 35 over intl game
1. Adjust power play overs like fixed are 2, 1st from 1 to 7 with 2 outfielders, 2nd from 29 to 35 with 5 outfielders

2. Adjust closure A inns to 35 then B inns to 35

3. Adjust no of overs to 70 from 100

in this way power play count stays there along with you can play odi of less than 50 overs

Good news: i able to fix power play count issue if you want to edit listA type match.
E.g: i want 35 over intl game
1. Adjust power play overs like fixed are 2, 1st from 1 to 7 with 2 outfielders, 2nd from 29 to 35 with 5 outfielders

2. Adjust closure A inns to 35 then B inns to 35

3. Adjust no of overs to 70 from 100

in this way power play count stays there along with you can play odi of less than 50 overs
Thanks for that. Will give this a try

Hi new member here , always been a guest but decided to sign up. I know late to the party but I am a Xbox user!

So mainly play career and just got signed to a County team (Surrey CC) I do miss a lot of things that C19 had like the selection chance screen that detailed the comps you could get called up to, I wonder if that little window increases with the more teams you sign for also the future fixtures like WC, T20 and Tests?!
I also think they missed a opportunity to put in a players CV that could show the honours and comps you have won for each team and also keep account of how much prize money you have won from MOMs. My note pad on my phone from C19 was a bit of a chore keeping my own record. I also wish when doing competition mode you have the choice to select one player to be from the team, I like single player than doing the whole team. Anyway nice to meet you all and I'm sure I'll chirp in when I have something useful or useless to say.

i think academy stadium are not playable at moment means i played t20 game on one of doenloaded stadium kingsmead and while exiting i got message profile corrupt either cancel sign in or create new (if you create new then old will delete)

after cancel sign in, i quit game by xbox menu and relaunch game then restart that match but again when exit same issue occur.

so we cannot proceed in competition or series if game is at downloaded stadium.

@MattW are you aware of this crash or bug?

Is anyone getting AI nicking the ball to keeper or slips. Zero for me
Yes i had quite a few edges i mean it depends on the sliders also i feel like wicket chance i upped that and the edges like good and ok and poor input also i play on green pitches a lot as im playing for Tasmania in Hobart i had 3 slip catches and a caught behind in one innings plus im on an easy level i get others want the challenge etc of harder levels do i feel though there could be more as other pitches i can get some edges but it could be more

Users who are viewing this thread