Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Hi @MattW,

The fielding presets needs a lot of changes specially for spinners. Often two fielders are placed very close to each other leaving a big gap else where making it very easy to score runs.

For the fast bowlers majority of the time the protection is on off and leg side nothing straight down. The AI keeps short mid on and shot mid off even at 40 overs at times which is not ever realistic. AI hardly keeps a cover or a deep cover even if 90% of runs are scored in that area. Anyway you can relook at the fielding presets and make changes to ensure that there are no vacant areas kept atleast for limited overs fields.

Had already raised ticket on this.

Wow - shot force 5 & ideal input power 3?! Is that the combo of not letting the ball travel into orbit every time we play a lofted shot? Looking forward to trying this out.
Even with that, I can clear the ground with ease some time...

Also are you able to generate enough power in normal shots like drives, cuts & pulls with these settings? Because even with shot force of 50 & ideal input power 10 - my straight drives and cuts in tests even with decent timing are literally going no where.
Rarely yes, but if I want to score boundaries I use aggressive ground shot, which also make situation difficult sometime, because if you miss time it, ball goes straight to inner fielder to caught out...

Is there a way to make catches automatic while still be able to throw the ball during fielding?

Xbox
Have used his teams before very good, I search teams with his username but no teams will load, the only thing I can get to load on academy at the moment are the "players" field.
I am on xbox series x with patch v0.1.1598 and teams search doesnt work for me as well.

@MattW
Can you or your team validate if academy works differently on different platforms?
Playstation players were able to search and download teams. But xbox players(atleast some of them) unable to either search teams or search umpires with play faces.

Last edited:
Can you or your team validate if academy works differently on different platforms?
It's the same academy across all platforms, but there's platform specific processing that's done while/after downloading, which is where some of the problems are coming in. But as mentioned, working through those and other academy issues is a very high priority - there's a number of people working on it right now.

@MattW I am unable to get into manage stadium option. The game crashes everytime on PS5. I have logged a ticket.

Hey guys I just got the game as a present on PS4.

First time I played it was yesterday I’m a bit disappointed actually I was excited by them bringing in BBL but it’s not the best in regards too you can’t take the power surge they only give it to you in the last 2 overs and the X Factor well there doesn’t seem to be one does anyone know how to fix this? When I set off for a run as well but wanna cancel it half the time the batsmen keeps running towards the other end whilst the other doesn’t move causing 2 batsmen to be up the one end and a run out. Visuals are a bit disappointing too. I don’t really see any improvements on cricket 19.

To me the game has a little bit of a DB17 feel about it.

@MattW I am unable to get into manage stadium option. The game crashes everytime on PS5. I have logged a ticket.
Did you download/make any specific stadiums prior to trying to select? I had a look on a PS5 here and it loads?

edit: Assuming the answer to that is yes - looks like there is a known issue around editing certain downloaded stadiums - being worked on.

but it’s not the best in regards too you can’t take the power surge they only give it to you in the last 2 overs
Press up on the D-Pad on the first ball of any over after the 10th to take it, selecting the menu item for take power surge.

Same method as for taking the new ball in a test match.

Did you download/make any specific stadiums prior to trying to select? I had a look on a PS5 here and it loads?

Press up on the D-Pad on the first ball of any over after the 10th to take it, selecting the menu item for take power surge.

Same method as for taking the new ball in a test match.
Thanks for that mate.

edit: Assuming the answer to that is yes - looks like there is a known issue around editing certain downloaded stadiums - being worked on.
Yes I was trying to access downloaded stadium. Thanks for looking into this. Could you also give some details on how the new sliders - bowling visual speed is different from Max speed slider? TIA.

Hi @MattW, Just wanted to know that, is your team working on lowering ai scoring rate? as it is ridiculously high which makes the limited overs unplayable at the moment.
For your reference, few other issues reported in this forum are-

• Overthrows and runout bugs after cancellation of a run, after the recent update

•. Ai keeps bowling on leg side line with no fielder towards that area to leak easy runs, which makes batting in test matches unrealistic and easy.

• High AI run rate across all formats. Ai always look for boundaries rather than playing proper cricketing shots and try to build their innings.

Yes I was trying to access downloaded stadium. Thanks for looking into this. Could you also give some details on how the new sliders - bowling visual speed is different from Max speed slider? TIA.
Max speed is the ball physics - so it makes it so a ball is bowled at a higher real speed for the sake of physics of bowling. Bowling visual speed basically is like just fast forwarding or slowing down the visual, without adjusting the actual physics. Previously it was slightly changing both on the same slider, but we felt it better to separate them, and then it's just a matter of preference as to what aspect of bowling speed you're wanting different. I think for most just changing visual speed is the better option.

Just wanted to know that, is your team working on lowering ai scoring rate? as it is ridiculously high which makes the limited overs unplayable at the moment.
Yes, it's being worked on, and noted previously fielding and running between wickets are focus areas, and there should be improvements to both in the next update.

Max speed is the ball physics - so it makes it so a ball is bowled at a higher real speed for the sake of physics of bowling. Bowling visual speed basically is like just fast forwarding or slowing down the visual, without adjusting the actual physics. Previously it was slightly changing both on the same slider, but we felt it better to separate them, and then it's just a matter of preference as to what aspect of bowling speed you're wanting different. I think for most just changing visual speed is the better option.

Yes, it's being worked on, and noted previously fielding and running between wickets are focus areas, and there should be improvements to both in the next update.
how many months it will take to fix the game

Users who are viewing this thread