Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Latest patch has managed to cock the sounds of bat on ball up.

Sometimes it sounds fine, sometimes it sounds like hitting the ball with a childs fork.

One step forward, two steps back...

Played t20 game after latest patch at Hard match settings with hardest bat/bowl and 20 run rate.

Goods:
- AI scoring pace was very realistic
- no overthrows
- AI fielder didnt forget to catch or field at deep on 11th hour
- no game crash after over ended and batter scored 50 runs
- Had not seen any headless player or ball disappearing instance

Bads:
- run out bug very frequent when cancel run key pressed resulting both batsmen reached at same end (very annoying)
- unrealistic straight slog shots still there
- ball trail on and off even it was enabled

Sometimes it sounds fine, sometimes it sounds like hitting the ball with a childs fork.

We can mute the sound but more important is to handle gameplay or annoying bugs, I think this patch is better than previous one that made game completely broken. After this patch couple of annoying bugs have been fixed but unfortunately run out bug is back

After having a break from the game and seeing some more positive comments lately decided to try again. Gameplay seems a lot better and pitch wear happens.

Trying to download teams from academy is impossible at moment? It just stays on the loading screen and won’t bring up any teams. The only part of academy I can get to work is players.
Anyone else having same issue?

Speaking of sound. I played a custom 15 over limited overs game between South Africa and Australia at the MCG last night. The crowd sounds were incredibly muted, even when I put them up to 98. The adjustment from 50 made a small difference, but it was still pitifully quiet.

Looking for reasons, I could see the crowd was about half full (which was weird for an international there), but really it sounded faint even for that number of people. This happens in every game since I first got it on release. The atmosphere in games is a joke. I've heard others have reported it for a long while now, but it's the same every patch.

Wit
After having a break from the game and seeing some more positive comments lately decided to try again. Gameplay seems a lot better and pitch wear happens.

Trying to download teams from academy is impossible at moment? It just stays on the loading screen and won’t bring up any teams. The only part of academy I can get to work is players.
Anyone else having same issue?
what platform you on im on PS 4 put in Teams then male then username wasteyouryouth he has a fabulous selection of international teams updated in there kits and also English counties all have the t20 kits and county first class kits download with logos just don't do the quick download as that ,ight cause it to crash

I had a play with DB17 last night and although the AI is not polished it was no worse than C22 and the overall gameplay seemed more realistic and enjoyable. It had proper edges (unlike DB14) and didn't have the unrealistic shots of Ashes Cricket and C19. The fielding at the boundary was also better. Finally, the first stadium editor in that game was much better than the one in C22 five years later.

I wonder if they'd be better to use that game as the basis for new editions and make incremental improvements? The current game seems a step backwards in many ways.
You’ll never get an AI out bowled in DBC17. It was in and got patched out.

Wit

what platform you on im on PS 4 put in Teams then male then username wasteyouryouth he has a fabulous selection of international teams updated in there kits and also English counties all have the t20 kits and county first class kits download with logos just don't do the quick download as that ,ight cause it to crash
Xbox
Have used his teams before very good, I search teams with his username but no teams will load, the only thing I can get to load on academy at the moment are the "players" field.

Does anyone else find legspinners broken? They either bowl round the wicket and throw wide after wide down leg side, or over the wicket bowl exclusively googlies.

Users who are viewing this thread