Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Absolutely, I am genuinely beaten for pace on occasion and often rushed into shots I shouldn't be playing. It's bloody great not feeling like your in full control all the time. In previous games you either felt like you were bored into getting dismissed, playing an overly aggressive shot or there was some subterfuge from the game to get rid of you.

Also a mention to spinners getting drift now. I was really struggling playing Warrican on a dry pitch in the Windies, drifting it in and spinning it away.
Great isn’t it. Plus with the fielding changes your having to think twice before running where as before you could run no matter what shot was played or where it went you was guaranteed 1 run

Have England ended their sponsorship with "IG"? Noticed the sponsor logo is missing from a sleeve, knew something looked off

You know I have seen nothing but mostly positive posts in this thread for C24. Just goes to show what BA missed by not releasing this version the game as their original game. Secondly I really pray to god they dont screw things up with the next patch as BA does that, you make the game good and suddenly all good things get patched out.

I have been super critical of them since the beginning but I have been playing every night for the last 3 days and honestly I have had so much fun. I am doing a World Associate Cup where 16 associate nations are battling it out in a round robin format for winning the cup. I download most of the teams from @wasteyouryouth and some of the teams that came with the game.

Few things I wish is gone that would make this game great for me would be
  1. That side walking during fielding and in turn missing the ball.
  2. No commentary celebration on wickets. This has to be fixed.
  3. A little bit more game related ambiance, like after two back to back wickets crowd going gaga for a hattrick or something.
  4. 10% reduction in the throw pace as right it now its super quick.
  5. Ability to set HOSTS for custom tournaments. Like it makes no sense whatsoever that each game is played in different country in a tournament.
  6. Some of the stupid physics behind the throws like it hits a players head and goes for a six or a boundary.

The limited overs side has given me fun and kept me hooked into the game unlike previous versions.

Do you feel the ball comes at you much quicker now ? Felt so slow in 22 and I know you can adjust sliders for pace bowling visual speed but always felt a little weird when I did that like the ball was sped up mid air not fluid at all. This feels good though
Post automatically merged:

I’ve had 2 run outs in 5 tests which is pretty normal what platform you on ?
Facing mostly spin at the moment, but the ball ‘travels’ better in general I think, the drift Razzak and Shakib are getting has got me on edge

Does anyone know how to edit bats etc for career player, just started career mode and not able to change bat after 1st game?

You know I have seen nothing but mostly positive posts in this thread for C24. Just goes to show what BA missed by not releasing this version the game as their original game. Secondly I really pray to god they dont screw things up with the next patch as BA does that, you make the game good and suddenly all good things get patched out.

I have been super critical of them since the beginning but I have been playing every night for the last 3 days and honestly I have had so much fun. I am doing a World Associate Cup where 16 associate nations are battling it out in a round robin format for winning the cup. I download most of the teams from @wasteyouryouth and some of the teams that came with the game.

3. A little bit more game related ambiance, like after two back to back wickets crowd going gaga for a hattrick or something.
  5. Ability to set HOSTS for custom tournaments. Like it makes no sense whatsoever that each game is played in different country in a tournament.
  6. Some of the stupid physics behind the throws like it hits a players head and goes for a six or a boundary.

The limited overs side has given me fun and kept me hooked into the game unlike previous versions.
This just proves how crucial the beta testers are on this forum! Had BA done this prior to release, they could have had this version or maybe something even better out on the release day itself!

I still wish they had worked on the fielding animations…maybe in the next version!

Do they now have beta testers from this forum?

I have started a couple of new test matches since the last patch and in every single one there is 5 or more run outs. Tried changing difficulties, tried @Rumple43 sliders and others that I found here but there is no fixing it. @JNT BA and @MattW, do BA not see this as important to fix? The last patch is very good but it is pointless to play with the run out issue .
IMG_2512.jpeg
I spoke too soon

Do they now have beta testers from this forum?
Yes, since DBC 14 in different configurations.
Post automatically merged:

Just a big shout out to the members here who I know are having a lot of input in getting this game better. Without your work we wouldn't be getting the progress we are. Keep at it and keep pushing for those things we need.

I know for a fact that all the previous titles would have been much worse than they were without the dedicated and time-consuming silent work a relative small group of members have given to the benefit of many. Gods work you are doing.

You know who you are.

Thanks.
The reason behind this post.

Add to this the frequency of throws (in field and outfield) hitting the stumps to be toned down a lot. Or link to the fielding ability of the fielder.

Is the game running for everyone else? Just sitting on the initial load screen and then this error
1699024125343.png

Users who are viewing this thread