Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Test match cricket batting is pretty top notch at the moment. The difference between facing the new ball and a ball that is older is very immersive. On a grassy surface the ball jumps at you and I just got done LBW two balls in a row and the replay it looked very genuine and welll like cricket. Immersive gameplay is king. Then the quirky movements or the sliding fielder or the strange little animations in cut scenes or whatever really don't bother you at all as you are setting yourself up mentally for the next ball.
Started my innings with the bat last night and at one point Cook was 8 from about 40 balls. Left arm spin just felt horrible (in a good way) to face, but I knuckled down, remained strict on what to play and what to leave and then the boundaries started coming. Definitely felt like it was rewarding patient batting

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have started a couple of new test matches since the last patch and in every single one there is 5 or more run outs. Tried changing difficulties, tried @Rumple43 sliders and others that I found here but there is no fixing it. @JNT BA and @MattW, do BA not see this as important to fix? The last patch is very good but it is pointless to play with the run out issue .

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Started my innings with the bat last night and at one point Cook was 8 from about 40 balls. Left arm spin just felt horrible (in a good way) to face, but I knuckled down, remained strict on what to play and what to leave and then the boundaries started coming. Definitely felt like it was rewarding patient batting
Do you feel the ball comes at you much quicker now ? Felt so slow in 22 and I know you can adjust sliders for pace bowling visual speed but always felt a little weird when I did that like the ball was sped up mid air not fluid at all. This feels good though
Post automatically merged:

I have started a couple of new test matches since the last patch and in every single one there is 5 or more run outs. Tried changing difficulties, tried @Rumple43 sliders and others that I found here but there is no fixing it. @JNT BA and @MattW, do BA not see this as important to fix? The last patch is very good but it is pointless to play with the run out issue .
I’ve had 2 run outs in 5 tests which is pretty normal what platform you on ?

Mr Snrub

International Coach
@Wealey had another flamingo flick caugh at fine leg, Marco Jansen, who is aggressive. (apparently. He was on 62 off 148).
Marco Jansen's skills don't seem accurate at all in relation to batting and his overall, so not really surprised he was scoring slowly there.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Do you feel the ball comes at you much quicker now ? Felt so slow in 22 and I know you can adjust sliders for pace bowling visual speed but always felt a little weird when I did that like the ball was sped up mid air not fluid at all. This feels good though
I remember the ball playing like this in an earlier game (22?) and somehow got patched out.

Hopefully not this time!!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@Wealey had another flamingo flick caugh at fine leg, Marco Jansen, who is aggressive. (apparently. He was on 62 off 148).

Been mentioned a good few times. I do think atm mentality isn't affecting particularly how many runs are scored per ball but more the shots being played kinda thing.

For people saying isn't this looked at or can't believe this isn't fixed..

Things are being tweaked and worked on all the time.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

Absolutely, I am genuinely beaten for pace on occasion and often rushed into shots I shouldn't be playing. It's bloody great not feeling like your in full control all the time. In previous games you either felt like you were bored into getting dismissed, playing an overly aggressive shot or there was some subterfuge from the game to get rid of you.

Also a mention to spinners getting drift now. I was really struggling playing Warrican on a dry pitch in the Windies, drifting it in and spinning it away.

Users who are viewing this thread