Cricket 24 - General Discussion

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You know I have seen nothing but mostly positive posts in this thread for C24. Just goes to show what BA missed by not releasing this version the game as their original game. Secondly I really pray to god they dont screw things up with the next patch as BA does that, you make the game good and suddenly all good things get patched out.

I have been super critical of them since the beginning but I have been playing every night for the last 3 days and honestly I have had so much fun. I am doing a World Associate Cup where 16 associate nations are battling it out in a round robin format for winning the cup. I download most of the teams from @wasteyouryouth and some of the teams that came with the game.

Few things I wish is gone that would make this game great for me would be
  1. That side walking during fielding and in turn missing the ball.
  2. No commentary celebration on wickets. This has to be fixed.
  3. A little bit more game related ambiance, like after two back to back wickets crowd going gaga for a hattrick or something.
  4. 10% reduction in the throw pace as right it now its super quick.
  5. Ability to set HOSTS for custom tournaments. Like it makes no sense whatsoever that each game is played in different country in a tournament.
  6. Some of the stupid physics behind the throws like it hits a players head and goes for a six or a boundary.

The limited overs side has given me fun and kept me hooked into the game unlike previous versions.
Post automatically merged:

You can create a ticket for Big Ant to fix these issues

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I want some one to raise ticket for audio .. bat sound when hit ball and wickts sounds when you hit stumps .. this audio need to be change .. on series note

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
On serious note, why can you not do it, if it bothers you so much.
Hav done it twice they said we send it to audio team but nothing hapen sofar and not bothrring only me but everyone i guess !! .. i bowled 2 batsman and their was nothing sound to be honest it feels just fake !! If more people do it then they will consider it !!

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Are the bugs now at the same level as C22 with the improvements making it worth getting or are they still egregious?

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Are the bugs now at the same level as C22 with the improvements making it worth getting or are they still egregious?
Same bugs which cricket 22 initial release had. After lot of pushing and jolting Big Ant trying to improve their sales by improving fielding. Animation still cartoonish and faces are worst even after face scans. Some international players after seeing their own cartoonish faces insulted Big Ant on twitter. Come Jan 2024 Big Ant will get busy releasing Rugby 24 and will forget Cricket 24 leaving it a half baked game

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
So glad this one is over. My findings is as follow:

1. Run outs are broken as everyone knows by now
2. Not a single lbw or bowled wicket by my seamers.
3. Shot force have to be toned down a lot. Had it on 34 in this match and thinking of going to 25.
4. Although the last patch had a lot of positives I feel like the previous patch had better looking and more variety of wickets.

Another thing I noticed in a previous match is that AI striker timing does absolutely nothing. Played on 70 the first AI inning, adjusted it to 20 the 2nd innings with no change in AI behavior. Also upped the wicket chance where it actually looked like they played better lol.

01.png02.png03.png04.png05.png06.png07.png08.png09.png

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
So glad this one is over. My findings is as follow:

1. Run outs are broken as everyone knows by now
2. Not a single lbw or bowled wicket by my seamers.
3. Shot force have to be toned down a lot. Had it on 34 in this match and thinking of going to 25.
4. Although the last patch had a lot of positives I feel like the previous patch had better looking and more variety of wickets.

Another thing I noticed in a previous match is that AI striker timing does absolutely nothing. Played on 70 the first AI inning, adjusted it to 20 the 2nd innings with no change in AI behavior. Also upped the wicket chance where it actually looked like they played better lol.

View attachment 286106View attachment 286107View attachment 286108View attachment 286109View attachment 286110View attachment 286111View attachment 286112View attachment 286113View attachment 286114
I think it’s the luck of the draw 1 game I can take some genuine beautiful wickets and it last all game feels genuine then another you can get 5/6 run outs and literally no wickets with pace no matter what you do or try

cricboi

Club Captain
What physic settings are people using for tests? Even on a soft pitch my pacers "good" length ball still travels 4-6 inches above the bails. I know one solution is to reduce bowling speed but then the game just feels slower and I have to switch it back when batting. I'm getting to a point where the game is very very enjoyable but this one last thing is driving me a bit mad. I've turned pitch and ball bounce to 0 and also increased friction but that hasn't really helped.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I still need to know if simulating to your career player in career mode still takes a long time oh have they fixed it now.

Ricky14

County Cricketer
Same bugs which cricket 22 initial release had. After lot of pushing and jolting Big Ant trying to improve their sales by improving fielding. Animation still cartoonish and faces are worst even after face scans. Some international players after seeing their own cartoonish faces insulted Big Ant on twitter. Come Jan 2024 Big Ant will get busy releasing Rugby 24 and will forget Cricket 24 leaving it a half baked game
I really liked few licensed players.. my wife who is not a fan of me playing cricket games but today she saw Rabada and just said "this look so real" and I thought to myself well that's a compliment to BA.

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I still need to know if simulating to your career player in career mode still takes a long time oh have they fixed it now.
Better , but it still takes way longer than C22. Sometimes it is 4-5 Seconds ,other times it's like 8 to 9 seconds. I am on PS5 with latest patch.

Users who are viewing this thread