Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Spent last 2 days (when it was functional) trying AI at different levels and got to say the best game I’ve had was AI at rookie the plays and misses and wickets I got were brilliant including lots of slip catches bowled Aus out for 237 they started off at 1 an over but picked up the pace after 15 overs. Felt good not sure if AI at rookie means they bowl bad not got to that stage yet
What did you set the AI strike and run rate to?

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I’m just in to bat now not noticing any difference in how they bowl from legend to rookie which I’m happy about as I like challenging batting I just want the bowling experience to feel a bit more rewarding
Interesting findings. Hopefully I'll get a chance on it later and will do likewise.

I've always fallen into the trap of setting the AI up to higher levels hoping it would improve fields set, bowling lines and overall game awareness but kow its quite clear that none of these change one iota when you up it to legend.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What does the higher AI difficulties actually do then?
Enable people to brag that they are the best gamer.
Post automatically merged:

I've always fallen into the trap of setting the AI up to higher levels hoping it would improve fields set, bowling lines and overall game awareness but kow its quite clear that none of these change one iota when you up it to legend.
Yeah, that's got nothing to do with difficulty.

Hobbi07

Club Captain
Red ball starts wearing from 2nd over itself after recent patch on PS5. In second over the ball seems to be like 70 over old. It's weird bug .

That's just because you're playing in India with your dodgy cricket balls....:spying:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
How did the AI play spin?
The same as when having it at pro or higher couple of near misses but felt like a test match lots of blocking and leaving Doing another test tonight see how it pans out but feels much better then the 100 overs I bowled over two tests with AI at veteran and legend where I literally had no sniff of a wicket no edges no lbw shouts nothing

Hester

County Cricketer
The same as when having it at pro or higher couple of near misses but felt like a test match lots of blocking and leaving Doing another test tonight see how it pans out but feels much better then the 100 overs I bowled over two tests with AI at veteran and legend where I literally had no sniff of a wicket no edges no lbw shouts nothing
sounds cool

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
The game right now is playing fantastic in test match mode.

I changed the names and skills of the Bangladesh team and created my own team of my friends/ current team mates.

Started a world test championship simmed the first round England India had close results. Pakistan flogged West Indies.

Second round I’ve gone to my game which is against Pakistan and I’ve chosen my home ground as Marvel.

Dry deck day 4 pitch heavy cracks to start to see how it played.
New ball is challenging Afridi and Hasan Ali doing plenty with it but the fields they have set have made sense. Afridi removed one opener by setting virtually everyone on the off side aside from fine leg. He gave me nothing to work to leg and eventually I was caught at short cover smart catch.

Hasan Ali bowled my other opener as per the video above, he bowled out swing after our swing then the old in swing trick which I left and it clipped the top of off stump. It was awesome to see the stump stay in the ground and just bent back slightly.

2/18 off 7 overs until I started to get some shots away and cur

Test Mode was Best was only in 2019 version ......

Just check on HARD MODE

Ticket created

#18920 TEST MATCH IN ARCADE MODE​

testcricket1.pngrently sit at 2/38 off 15 overs. It’s been very tough to score.

Last edited:

shan111

Associate Captain
Batting is too easy on hard.. Too hard on hardest. You have to get your own custom difficulty which should be between the two. For starters, set visual speed to 100, marker display time to 2,foot placement difficulty to 80-85 & see how it goes.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I’m just in to bat now not noticing any difference in how they bowl from legend to rookie which I’m happy about as I like challenging batting I just want the bowling experience to feel a bit more rewarding
Just started a new test on Rookie. Me as South Africa vs NZ. Selected to bowl first with Rabada. First ball play and a miss, second ball struck on the arm which I thought were glove and dropped just short of 3rd slip. Third ball bouncer that were left alone, fourth play and a miss. Fifth ball good length in swinger got the inside edge onto the stumps. Now I have to go to work and dream about my next wicket. One thing I will go back to is the @Rumple43 physics sliders. Ball is bouncing way too high.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Just started a new test on Rookie. Me as South Africa vs NZ. Selected to bowl first with Rabada. First ball play and a miss, second ball struck on the arm which I thought were glove and dropped just short of 3rd slip. Third ball bouncer that were left alone, fourth play and a miss. Fifth ball good length in swinger got the inside edge onto the stumps. Now I have to go to work and dream about my next wicket. One thing I will go back to is the @Rumple43 physics sliders. Ball is bouncing way too high.
Did you find them blocking and leaving a lot aswell ? I did on mine. There should be near misses and appeals it makes it exciting whereas higher the AI I find it a drain

Users who are viewing this thread