Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I Was mostly playing a lot of t20 lately & after long time playing ashes test after long time & did setup weather as usual on spring / reduced & to my surprise there was very few rain drops were visible , though not too much but definitely was raining for almost 25 overs i played then i closed the game. Anyways, i didn't feel it had any effect on pitch/game but it was a good surprise for me & i would like to see more heavy rain & interruptions/revised gameplay conditions in all formats like C19.:grin:
This!! weather needs to be made a bigger part of the game

Kart7

School Cricketer
Yeah I used a white pitch marker on the last two or three games. It gives nice gameplay that requires sharp reaction (particularly with a lower marker display time) and I didn't feel like I was making Pavlovian responses to colour as opposed to actually trying to use my cricket brain to play shots based on line and length. You also get the grey area of length for short/back of good length which can challenge your footwork usage.

Last game though I started using Pro Mode and find it far more immersive. But I still felt like, while it's not easy, the pitch marker was giving me too much information. So I started playing with no markers. Like I said, judgement of length was too tough and ultimately not fun.

I am actually surprised how easy it can be to judge line using the ball marker. It's certainly easier to judge that than it is length; though but that's might be to do with 2D representation of a 3D environment on a 2D screen (or something like that).

It's good there are options but I get the impression people think if they keep tweaking sliders they will unlock some magic setting that gives them the game they want (I did that on '19, I think, and it just sucks the fun out of it). It just seems to Goldilocks the game for people - not too hard, not too easy - and when you adapt to the rhythm, it becomes easier, so you have to go back to the sliders and change them again. It's less about cricketing judgement and more about gaming ability (how good are you at reacting to this thing on the screen). I suppose I'm just trying to find a way to play that feels more natural, same reason I don't look at the bowling hud and use the run up of the bowler. Far more immersive to learn the rhythms of the bowling actions (harder now there are so many) than just look at some line go up and down.
On a similar note, I have removed the ball marker indicators, and tweaked the pitch marker to a near-pitch colour (pale brown) using the colour sliders under the Generic marker option. It's like you know there is a marker for some judgement figuring the pitch colour, at the same time not having to premeditate as in a no-marker scenario.

Secondly, have removed the bowling hud. It gets interesting having to judge the runups of different bowlers with a different time of jump and release (Anderson and Bumrah for example), and use the swing/ spin variations with no hud (or no lines or circle being displayed on screen).

Feel these give a more natural gameplay along with a closer-to-live broadcast.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
On a similar note, I have removed the ball marker indicators, and tweaked the pitch marker to a near-pitch colour (pale brown) using the colour sliders under the Generic marker option. It's like you know there is a marker for some judgement figuring the pitch colour, at the same time not having to premeditate as in a no-marker scenario.

Secondly, have removed the bowling hud. It gets interesting having to judge the runups of different bowlers with a different time of jump and release (Anderson and Bumrah for example), and use the swing/ spin variations with no hud (or no lines or circle being displayed on screen).

Feel these give a more natural gameplay along with a closer-to-live broadcast.
Yeah, I use the hud to select a delivery but don't look at it after that. I would actually like an option to make it fade out/disappear after the delivery is selected.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I Was mostly playing a lot of t20 lately & after long time playing ashes test after long time & did setup weather as usual on spring / reduced & to my surprise there was very few rain drops were visible , though not too much but definitely was raining for almost 25 overs i played then i closed the game. Anyways, i didn't feel it had any effect on pitch/game but it was a good surprise for me & i would like to see more heavy rain & interruptions/revised gameplay conditions in all formats like C19.:grin:
I still remember @MattW saying that it was a developmental decision to remove rain stoppages from the game during the release of Cricket 22. These stoppages and revised targets make the game a more exciting one. I still don't understand why they did it. If some people disliked it, they should have given us an option to toggle it on or off. IMO they are yet to produce a proper "Cricket Simulation" post Ashes 17.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I still remember @MattW saying that it was a developmental decision to remove rain stoppages from the game during the release of Cricket 22. These stoppages and revised targets make the game a more exciting one. I still don't understand why they did it. If some people disliked it, they should have given us an option to toggle it on or off. IMO they are yet to produce a proper "Cricket Simulation" post Ashes 17.
Yeah I don't understand why they have included weather options in settings before a match when it's always sunny weather without any rainy or overcast.

noys390

County Cricketer
I dont like playing with hand markers in broadcast cam. So i play with pitch marker only. The current game most of times will only miss the bat if played wrong line. Its very rare that we get a miss based on timing unless you time it very very badly. There should be some kind of misses for poor and ok timing similarly like edges.

Also regarding pitch marker, in old games the ball use to pitch little left or right to the marker sometimes which use to make us play wrong line sometimes. But in recent games its always pitching at the center which is making it very easy to pick line. If this can be changed back like old games then that will also bring up some misses and lbw chances.

I get what you are trying to say. Removing both the pitch marker & length marker, makes the entire game more difficult thus increasing dismissal of all kinds more often, it is not going to raise particularly the chance of getting bowled or lbw while batting as your initial quest was. The best available suggestion to this is 'miss input' slider (hope it works as intended though).

Coming back to the point, for example, if I want to play a delivery on middle stump through point region, my connecting window should be small and on missing I should get bowled but currently in the game, this shot gets auto corrected and player towards cover. (similar case for yorkers). I don't think the game would get refined to that extent in coming days.

The second thing I would would say is the AI bowling lines for rt bowler to rt batsman, is mainly outside the off and, for rt bowler to lt batsman, it is drifting down the leg. So when a vast majority of the deliveries are not in line of the stumps, there can be no chance of bowled or lbw.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am getting frequent CTDs whenever I try and download Waste's teams from the academy. Any ideas? India and Pakistan, have tried with and without logos.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am getting frequent CTDs whenever I try and download Waste's teams from the academy. Any ideas? India and Pakistan, have tried with and without logos.

I had it happen a few days ago too. Thought it was linked to the quick download option since I tried to do it by going into the team and downloading which worked for another user’s creation but the way you describe it seems like it didn’t work for you.

PJ13

Club Captain
Playing a test between Sri Lanka and West Indies and there have been 20b all from the wicket-keeper just watching deliveries fly by his face. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Karachi

Associate Captain
I thought I was using a custom ball marker display time (1) and custom AI bowl quality (100) but it was just these default settings.

View attachment 288130

But I am playing on Pro Mode, with a custom Ball Marker (settings below; they can be changed in Accessibility) and no pitch marker. This is what makes it difficult; dicking around with sliders is a futile endeavour in my opinion (I've tried it on past games). I'm not as good (or unhinged) as @T.J.Hooker II though, who I'm fairly sure has an even more challenging set up.

I'm sat at my PC too, don't know how these would play on a console/TV.

View attachment 288132

I just loaded up and immediately got bowled by a Siraj inswinger. Pitched outside off, dipped in between bat and pad, clipped the legside bail. A really nice wicket, if it wasn't 21 for 7. :lol

Given how poorly I've done I will probably drop it Medium and edit the marker timing. I upped the difficulty despite not having had time to play recently, forgetting that I was crap beforehand.

View attachment 288131

Well, as far as difficulty settings are concerned, I have the same, and have scored 123 runs from 29 balls in a test against NZ. Sure I shifted the venue to Sophia Gardens where boundary is very short (as is the case with most of the UK stadiums in the game) but come on. This is too unrealistic. Shifting to hardest.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Well, as far as difficulty settings are concerned, I have the same, and have scored 123 runs from 29 balls in a test against NZ. Sure I shifted the venue to Sophia Gardens where boundary is very short (as is the case with most of the UK stadiums in the game) but come on. This is too unrealistic. Shifting to hardest.
As far as I know the boundaries of licensed stadiums are the same, relatively speaking, as their real life counterparts.

Edit

Sophia Gardens is not a big ground, although possibly larger than some others.

2560px-SophiaGardensCricketGroundPitchDimensions.svg.png

Users who are viewing this thread