Cricket 24 - General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I haven't been playing with the pitch marker since DB14 but I must admit that it leads to premeditated shots (and misses).

I will however never manipulate the crease to create scoring areas.
That was my issue, so I decided to go to try the ball marker with it coloured red and all other lengths white (because I play them off the front foot anyway). It's not ideal - I don't really like having a big circle on the screen - but it has significantly reduced my premeditation.

The dismissal that bowled me yesterday was delightful, I'd have shared it but I have technical issues.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
so i have made the smal clip and replied to bigant hope they will fix this shot now !! here is the video all u can see where i want to play where it going !

The shot your trying to play is near on impossible from the balls your facing and your footwork how the batter is positioned if you tried it without hitting the aggressive button you might get him turning his bat to play it that way

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I could give you some layman's feedback.

1st - your footwork is not ideal (I'm unsure whether that should impact direction, if that's what is happening. It also seems to deviate off a crack)
2nd - your timing is early (the ball shouldn't be going where you want it to and it's a yorker, early timing could probably lead to a miss)
3rd - your timing is good (see above)
actuly bro its not about the timing and anything . its about the shot which i want to play at my desire direction it was all good in C22 even if u hav time or not timed ! if i play normal shot then it goes to direction which i wants to play but when i wants to hit six it goes to that direction thats why in online everyone now put filder at that place !!
Post automatically merged:

The shot your trying to play is near on impossible from the balls your facing and your footwork how the batter is positioned if you tried it without hitting the aggressive button you might get him turning his bat to play it that way
maybe that can be the case bec if the ball is wider from the bat then it hits fto my direction ..! but somehow it seems not fine cuz in C22 it wasnt like this !

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
actuly bro its not about the timing and anything . its about the shot which i want to play at my desire direction it was all good in C22 even if u hav time or not timed ! if i play normal shot then it goes to direction which i wants to play but when i wants to hit six it goes to that direction thats why in online everyone now put filder at that place !!
That sounds like an improvement to the game.

What's the point in having any batting system if it's just point where you want the ball to go and it goes there every time?

BarestOfMargins

Club Captain
Post automatically merged:

maybe that can be the case bec if the ball is wider from the bat then it hits fto my direction ..! but somehow it seems not fine cuz in C22 it wasnt like this !

You're.missing his point though

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Just tried bowling with no hud on the screen now I’ve memorised all the inputs and it’s the best 30 minutes of enjoyment I’ve had bowling much better than looking at the hud all game rather than what’s actually happening…. Now for batting with no pitch marker or any markers see how I get on
bb1d9518-4395-41a9-bc52-b2a577b330c3.png

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just tried bowling with no hud on the screen now I’ve memorised all the inputs and it’s the best 30 minutes of enjoyment I’ve had bowling much better than looking at the hud all game rather than what’s actually happening…. Now for batting with no pitch marker or any markers see how I get on
View attachment 288152

Haha finally!! Told you!

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I have a pitch maker on but it's just black.

What I do though is ramp the visual speed up. I see some of the videos on YouTube and players are facing 90mph bowlers that send deliveries down like medium pacers. If I'm facing genuinely fast bowling I like to feel as if it's quick and sometimes I genuinely get beaten for pace.

He's not express but Southee did me with an inswinging yorker that hit the base of off stump and I just reacted too slowly for it.

One thing I'd like to see is a bit more jeopardy with the defensive shot. I find it's too easy to just hit triangle (on PS) and the ball is defended harmlessly whether I've timed the button press well or not.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I have a pitch maker on but it's just black.

What I do though is ramp the visual speed up. I see some of the videos on YouTube and players are facing 90mph bowlers that send deliveries down like medium pacers. If I'm facing genuinely fast bowling I like to feel as if it's quick and sometimes I genuinely get beaten for pace.

He's not express but Southee did me with an inswinging yorker that hit the base of off stump and I just reacted too slowly for it.

One thing I'd like to see is a bit more jeopardy with the defensive shot. I find it's too easy to just hit triangle (on PS) and the ball is defended harmlessly whether I've timed the button press well or not.
Footwork has nothing to do with defensive shot which is very bad. If you defend down the wrong line, ball should edge and go to keeper or slips. Unfortunately that doesn't happen again fast bowling. Against spin defense is useless.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Spent a couple of hours batting with no markers at all and just like the bowling it’s much more enjoyable im 36 off 92 balls really having to think about what I’m doing and rather than looking at a circle on the pitch it having to follow the ball and react accordingly which feels well, just like cricket
67aaf3c0-f95e-4d65-bb41-6f4bb1fbc4f3.png

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Spent a couple of hours batting with no markers at all and just like the bowling it’s much more enjoyable im 36 off 92 balls really having to think about what I’m doing and rather than looking at a circle on the pitch it having to follow the ball and react accordingly which feels well, just like cricket
View attachment 288169
Next step Pro Mode

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
Yes it’s on my mind I remember trying it in C22 I’d get a chair sit right in front of my tv so all I could see what’s the screen only thing I struggled with was Yorkers but that can be worked on
My big request throughout various beta processes was the request that the batsman’s eyeline would follow the ball to where it pitches so that you can play shots under your nose consistently and confidently in pro mode . My only issue with this mode.

Pro mode; not for kids but MEN!:p

I play in pro mode with no hud whatsoever and the Rumple’s settings? Why? Because I have a small penis.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Anyone else facing issues of teams like west indies or Ireland collapsing for less than 70 in test matches in career mode?

Users who are viewing this thread