Politics Discussion (India)

Yeah, it’s extremely unlikely that they’ll have free rein over passing anything they wish for in this term. Really surprised at the UP results too, for all the mockery that the state and it’s residents receive online terminally they’ve looked past the religious drama that was being enacted for them and have made their feelings known irrespective of what the final results end up being. On the contrary, the ‘progressive’ South India image has been tarnished (rightfully), they may end up being the reason why BJP wins the election. At least TN still stands strong though I worry for the future since there’s been a growing wave of radicalism that has captivated the upcoming generation of youngsters whilst the main local party doesn’t have a strong successor.

Surely there’s no way that the exit poll predictions were anything but an attempt to play the stock market?

Okay so interestingly enough, the scneario stands like this:

NDA 293
INDI 233

If someone from INDI reaches out to Naidu and Nitish(the chameleon from Bihar) and get them to change, it is likely that INDI ends up with 293. If they can lure either with PM for a year, you can be assured these chameleons will move.

Edit: Nitish Kumar has been offered the post of Deputy PM by the INDI Alliance. I expect it to be on the lines of 1996-97 with IK Gujral and HD DeveGowda swapping duties.

Okay so interestingly enough, the scneario stands like this:

NDA 293
INDI 233

If someone from INDI reaches out to Naidu and Nitish(the chameleon from Bihar) and get them to change, it is likely that INDI ends up with 293. If they can lure either with PM for a year, you can be assured these chameleons will move.

Edit: Nitish Kumar has been offered the post of Deputy PM by the INDI Alliance. I expect it to be on the lines of 1996-97 with IK Gujral and HD DeveGowda swapping duties.
Nitish Kumar will sell his children for the PM slot, how many times has he changed alliance for power :laughter:

I am super happy with whats happening with the election results. India as a country not the political party needed a strong opposition and this is their moment to shine. It is always good for democracy. BJP no longer will be able to do whatever they want since they we will be a government of coalitions.

Well done India, you voted against hate politics. You voted to maintain democracy.

If someone from INDI reaches out to Naidu and Nitish(the chameleon from Bihar) and get them to change, it is likely that INDI ends up with 293
How is that possible? I think their total count comes up to something around 30+ seats? But in any event, I feel both will have more bargaining power by staying with NDA than flipping to INDIA. NDA is the one that stands to lose more (probably the government, so imagine the stakes), so the rewards for staying with them will be even greater than what INDIA can offer.

I am super happy with whats happening with the election results. India as a country not the political party needed a strong opposition and this is their moment to shine. It is always good for democracy. BJP no longer will be able to do whatever they want since they we will be a government of coalitions.

Well done India, you voted against hate politics.
Post automatically merged:

How is that possible? I think their total count comes up to something around 30+ seats? But in any event, I feel both will have more bargaining power by staying with NDA than flipping to INDIA. NDA is the one that stands to lose more (probably the government, so imagine the stakes), so the rewards for staying with them will be even greater than what INDIA can offer.
Anything is possible my friend! Anything. I told my wife last night before sleeping that this is India, BJP and Modi were too over confident, I see them falling and look!

Anything is possible my friend
No, I meant 230+ + 30 goes to 260+, not 290+.

Come to think of it, I think INDIA as the opposition is in their own interests. Imagine having to form a government with such a large coilation and needing to keep everyone happy. There's only so many spots that can be given to each party. It would have crumbled within a year as some very bigwigs are part of that alliance who wouldn't be happy if their needs weren't met.

Come to think of it, I think INDIA as the opposition is in their own interests. Imagine having to form a government with such a large coilation and needing to keep everyone happy. There's only so many spots that can be given to each party. It would have crumbled within a year as some very bigwigs are part of that alliance who wouldn't be happy if their needs weren't met.
Thats always a problem for collation governments. INDIA party has too many high heads in Rahul, Mamta, Yadavs, Uddhav, Arvind etc. Everyone wants the top most piece.

If they get in government, they will have an incentive to stay as long as possible, they didn't get that power easily.

My bad! The count could be 263 approx for both, if that happens. The rest is up to the independents.

Safe to assume Jay Shah will be on his way out soon!
But NDA is forming government, right? Then why would he be in danger?

There was a press conference with Jairam Ramesh and Rahul Gandhi some time ago. While the BJP has declared that nation has voted in its favor, the Congress was non-committal over the acceptance of NDA as the winner.

They mentioned that a meeting of the INDI block will take place tomorrow wherein they will decide whether to push for government formation or whether they would sit in the opposition. By this time tomorrow, we should know the way forth.

One things is clear from the results, especially the UP results. Class politics reigns supreme, if done effectively. If Modi becomes Prime Minister, it will be thanks to the support of secular parties.

Users who are viewing this thread