Politics Discussion (India)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wouldn’t limit the old school tag to just the older generations. If anything, I’m noticing a subsection of increasingly more radical younger population in the upcoming generation that have been constantly trapped in non existent culture wars online that aren’t even applicable to India in the first place.

That is my real worry since they’re completely unwilling to apply any sort of critical thinking or don’t want to dissociate themselves from ideologies for their own betterment when they should be doing these far more than the older population who won’t even be here in a couple of decades.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If in Congress manifesto there is written they will distribute things to Muslims first, let them. If it is not written and was just a inciting speech crack whip the BJP. I am not sure what is true and what is not unfortunately now a days.
That's the thing, it isn't true. As far as i've read they talk about redistribution among vulnerable communities.
You really think a party is dumb enough to say they will give resources to a demonised minority first?
And yes, they are demonised, because the PM just called them infiltrators who will steal resources, and the BJP had tears of joy hearing it.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I wouldn’t limit the old school tag to just the older generations. If anything, I’m noticing a subsection of increasingly more radical younger population in the upcoming generation that have been constantly trapped in non existent culture wars online that aren’t even applicable to India in the first place.

That is my real worry since they’re completely unwilling to apply any sort of critical thinking or don’t want to dissociate themselves from ideologies for their own betterment when they should be doing these far more than the older population who won’t even be here in a couple of decades.
That's true. While leftist movements have always been more universalist by nature ("workers of the world, unite"), right-wing politics, and centre-left liberals have been absorbing the fights over identity politics that are prevalent in the West, due to the influence and reach of social media.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That's the thing, it isn't true. As far as i've read they talk about redistribution among vulnerable communities.
You really think a party is dumb enough to say they will give resources to a demonised minority first?
And yes, they are demonised, because the PM just called them infiltrators who will steal resources, and the BJP had tears of joy hearing it.
I have no words my friend. Dont think my no response is because what you said is wrong, I just have nothing to add. You are 100% correct.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@Bevab @ShamiLoverGlipGlops if you could expand my knowledge, why is there such a big difference in politics of north and south India?
Historical Factors where South has a long history of princely states whereas North has always been more centralized. Cultural difference which includes language that plays a crucial role. Dravidian languages create a distinct cultural identity whereas North since languages are similar there is not distinct identity. Economic development is also pretty strong and higher in South compared to North. Even though it will say some non-south states are paying more tax and GST but that does not equate to economic development.

Other crucial factors according to me also are social and caste dynamics.The social and caste dynamics vary significantly between the two regions. South India's political discourse often includes progressive stances on social justice and education, partly due to its unique caste dynamics and the influence of reform movements. North India's caste dynamics have also shaped its politics but often in different ways, with a more pronounced influence of certain dominant castes in politics.

Education and Literacy Rates and higher literacy rates in South India have fostered greater political awareness and activism among its population.

South also has major influence of regional parties that focus on local issues compared to centralized issue.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I'd always thought that PVR as Prime Minister would bridge the gap between the North & South, but alas I was wrong. The next great hope from the South was HD Deve Gowda (more a last minute choice than anything else). Thereafter, sadly, not many big name shave made it to the Union- Congress did have Manishankar Aiyar, Chidambaram who were big names, but lacked the political clout to make it to the next level.

Users who are viewing this thread