Politics Discussion (India)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Anyone wanna weigh in on the Lakshadweep vs Maldives debate that is currently raging on in India?

I personally feel that India might have a lot to offer on the tourism front, however, the govt. needs to put in a concentrated effort on developing these places.

For. e.g , a visit to Lakshadweep, one needs to apply for a special permit-no one knows how long this will take to get approved.
Secondly, the fastest way there is via Kochi- again, Kochi isn't as big an airport as Mumbai, Bangalore or Delhi that it will have round the clock connectivity to other major centres. Alternatively, they could develop an airport in Lakshadweep.
Third, the ferry and touts at Kochi need to be controlled.

The above are more or less generic when it comes to Indian tourism. High time the govt did something about that.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
All the debate is nonsense. If anything Modi acts oversmart sometime. Maldives isn't dependent on tourism just from India. Also what happened to do not interfere in our countries politics? Just because a government elected by Maldivians does not favor India, we cannot strong arm them. This is how you lose friends and allies.

All these folks who came out in support (Celebs and Cricketers) should be ashamed of themselves. They go to Maldives and vacation, they will still go but wont post pictures now.

Also the three ministers in Maldives got trapped right into social media frenzy. Nobody from Indian side mentioned a word of Maldives and they got riled up. This is what Modi wanted to unleash his social media dogs.

-----

On a different topic, you got Ram Mandir. Happy? All BJP fans and voters your leader gave you what you wanted. Now can we please ask few more things? You believe in his capabilities, so please ask him to build more hospitals, schools, better infrastructure in education. I am happy you got Ram Mandir and your leader came through on its promise, but now what? ASK HIM PLEASE.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
On a different topic, you got Ram Mandir. Happy? All BJP fans and voters your leader gave you what you wanted. Now can we please ask few more things? You believe in his capabilities, so please ask him to build more hospitals, schools, better infrastructure in education. I am happy you got Ram Mandir and your leader came through on its promise, but now what? ASK HIM PLEASE
The issue with India seems to be the lack of a viable alternative, at a national level. Governance in states has been challenged in certain places, seeing as 'Ram, Laxman, Sita' won't solve civic problems. It is at the national level, that no one exists to challenge the BJP.

As LS2024 approaches, I feel this would be the last time that people will vote a BJP govt to full majority. I do not expect Modi to run in 2029. If he does, he may still pull votes, however, it seems very unlikely that Bhakts and BJP supporters would vote Shah/Yogi as their PM after Modi.

Your point on infra is well made. Bar the state of Gujarat, UP a d parts of Delhi, these guys haven't moved much on the infra corridor. Gadkari, Vaishnav had a golden opportunity to connect 2 cities via the proposed Bullet train project. They chose to connect Ahmedabad and Mumbai as opposed to say Chennai Bangalore/Bangalore Hyderabad.

COVID too, doesn't seem to have taught them much. These guys are still running healthcare in the age old manner. I'd have thought that this govt had the ability to roll out a National Health Scheme(while UK is in tatters, India is yet to adopt something like this)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
All the debate is nonsense. If anything Modi acts oversmart sometime. Maldives isn't dependent on tourism just from India. Also what happened to do not interfere in our countries politics? Just because a government elected by Maldivians does not favor India, we cannot strong arm them. This is how you lose friends and allies.

All these folks who came out in support (Celebs and Cricketers) should be ashamed of themselves. They go to Maldives and vacation, they will still go but wont post pictures now.

Also the three ministers in Maldives got trapped right into social media frenzy. Nobody from Indian side mentioned a word of Maldives and they got riled up. This is what Modi wanted to unleash his social media dogs.

-----

On a different topic, you got Ram Mandir. Happy? All BJP fans and voters your leader gave you what you wanted. Now can we please ask few more things? You believe in his capabilities, so please ask him to build more hospitals, schools, better infrastructure in education. I am happy you got Ram Mandir and your leader came through on its promise, but now what? ASK HIM PLEASE.

The starting point of this DRAMA was the social media posts of the Maldives ministers. From India's side, we did not say anything or even remotely mention anything about Maldives. We just promoted our home location "Lakshadweep". The Maldives ministers went on an abusive anti-India, anti-Modi and most importantly anti-Hindu tirade in their social media posts. The celebs/cricketers who came out in support, mostly were very diplomatic and focused on promoting Lakshadweep (a few pointed fingers too, but in response to the rubbish thrown at us by Maldives officials).

Yes ppl like Akshay Kumar went to Maldives for his New Year vacation. Does that mean he cant post an anti-tweet on Maldives because they have unleashed an anti-India tirade? Of course he can! It will be stupid of him (or other celebs who supported our govt) now to take a future vacay to Maldives. Hope they don't!

---
Yes Ram Mandir is being built. But about India's growth? India has been progressing really well in these past 10 years since the NDA govt took power. See this - https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...my-changed/articleshow/100549532.cms?from=mdr

Ram Mandir is a decades old thing and those kinda wounds dont go away. As long as the voting citizens place that much importance on temples, mosques, etc., political parties will take advantage of that when they also have the same beliefs. Everywhere all over the world, new temples or mosques or churches keep mushrooming and as much as I dont like it (my belief is that you can pray to God of your preferred form, in whatever space you inhabit at any moment in time), I can see why others want it. Its a mental placebo for them to be able to go to a spiritual/divine place and it re-aligns them mentally to the principles of their religion.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Indian public is so much swayed by the Hindutva angle these day- don't get me wrong, I am a Hindu, but I just find it difficult to digest.

For e.g. Keshav Maharaj being a devotee of Lord Ram has blown up the Indian media, look at this post

I mean, I fail to understand why have this article at all.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
The starting point of this DRAMA was the social media posts of the Maldives ministers. From India's side, we did not say anything or even remotely mention anything about Maldives. We just promoted our home location "Lakshadweep". The Maldives ministers went on an abusive anti-India, anti-Modi and most importantly anti-Hindu tirade in their social media posts. The celebs/cricketers who came out in support, mostly were very diplomatic and focused on promoting Lakshadweep (a few pointed fingers too, but in response to the rubbish thrown at us by Maldives officials).

Yes ppl like Akshay Kumar went to Maldives for his New Year vacation. Does that mean he cant post an anti-tweet on Maldives because they have unleashed an anti-India tirade? Of course he can! It will be stupid of him (or other celebs who supported our govt) now to take a future vacay to Maldives. Hope they don't!

---
Yes Ram Mandir is being built. But about India's growth? India has been progressing really well in these past 10 years since the NDA govt took power. See this - https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...my-changed/articleshow/100549532.cms?from=mdr

Ram Mandir is a decades old thing and those kinda wounds dont go away. As long as the voting citizens place that much importance on temples, mosques, etc., political parties will take advantage of that when they also have the same beliefs. Everywhere all over the world, new temples or mosques or churches keep mushrooming and as much as I dont like it (my belief is that you can pray to God of your preferred form, in whatever space you inhabit at any moment in time), I can see why others want it. Its a mental placebo for them to be able to go to a spiritual/divine place and it re-aligns them mentally to the principles of their religion.
Hence I said that the 3 ministers dug their grave themselves. All Modi did was to do a photoshoot in Lakshawdeep. They took it upon themselves to interpret. I am not opposing the fact that the chapter of Ram Mandir needs a closure. I am just saying that people are getting closure, voters did get what they voted Modi for *Article 370, Ram Mandir, Progress, etc. While India has grown tremendously where other countries have struggled, this is a golden opportunity for voters of BJP/Modi to ask them to now give them better hospitals, education and other key infrastructure.

I am also saying voters is because unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to vote in any election since I moved to USA. All I want is for people in India to have a great life, that they dont have to migrate (cause that life is a lie) for a good life. I want Indians to have good health resources and not anyone pass away because a government hospital did not have a bed or infrastructure. I want government to be prepared for yet another mysterious illness as that will become a norm in future, I want better education system for Indians as we have so much potential and I want Indians to be able to get a job in no matter what field. Lets use our population to our advantage, lets use it to fuel our growth.

People have and will always beileve in religions and there is nothing wrong with it. May it be Hindu's, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Parsi, etc. Practice what you want to practice but do not base your growth based on your religion.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Anyone else feel the ruling party and some people are over doing the Ram Mandir thingy?

To me, it's just another temple being built on a site that was disputed. To create such a buzz around it, seems irrelevant when there are plenty of other issues the govt could be looking at.

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Indian public is so much swayed by the Hindutva angle these day- don't get me wrong, I am a Hindu, but I just find it difficult to digest.

For e.g. Keshav Maharaj being a devotee of Lord Ram has blown up the Indian media, look at this post

Ye it feels very militant , esp the chants in motera stadium in the pak match and all .

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone else feel the ruling party and some people are over doing the Ram Mandir thingy?

To me, it's just another temple being built on a site that was disputed. To create such a buzz around it, seems irrelevant when there are plenty of other issues the govt could be looking at.

This has been obvious since… forever to be frank. It’s also classic authoritarian playbook tactics. They’ll upgrade to scaremongering soon enough if their position is threatened.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

All you need to know about this is that a section of Indian fans seems to like Maharaj saying a prayer on the field, and hate Rizwan doing the same. The reason is obvious.

On another note, it’s quite funny how India is almost completely ignored in Pakistani pop culture and art, while Bollywood is obsessed with making movies involving Pakistan (mostly in fictional scenarios) and remaking/remixing/stealing Pakistani songs.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
On another note, it’s quite funny how India is almost completely ignored in Pakistani pop culture and art, while Bollywood is obsessed with making movies involving Pakistan (mostly in fictional scenarios) and remaking/remixing/stealing Pakistani songs.
I completely agree, why keep making films trashing Pakistan. It is clear that both countries are miles apart. Its done and dusted, on one hand we have India that is progressing and raising in global ranks, an economy that is growing and will keep growing no matter what political party is ruling and on other hand the other country is struggling and infested with politics, hunger and corruption at highest level. I too agree with you that we should be moving on from Pakistan and stop giving them the "IMPORTANT" enemy status.

Btw, remaking and remixing or stealing Pakistani songs is in the end giving Pakistan their 2 minutes fame once again which they desperately need. Also on the other side (Indian side) also people agree we dont need these songs or remaking or remixing. Most of them are tired too but these BollyChu** do not understand.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I completely agree, why keep making films trashing Pakistan. It is clear that both countries are miles apart. Its done and dusted, on one hand we have India that is progressing and raising in global ranks, an economy that is growing and will keep growing no matter what political party is ruling and on other hand the other country is struggling and infested with politics, hunger and corruption at highest level. I too agree with you that we should be moving on from Pakistan and stop giving them the "IMPORTANT" enemy status.

Btw, remaking and remixing or stealing Pakistani songs is in the end giving Pakistan their 2 minutes fame once again which they desperately need. Also on the other side (Indian side) also people agree we dont need these songs or remaking or remixing. Most of them are tired too but these BollyChu** do not understand.
I see i touched a nerve. And yet, they keep obsessing with Pakistan despite all the progress, and no election campaign can be run without Pakistan. Really funny.
And our singers don't need fame from India (see AUR collaborating with Zayn), and not that there's anything wrong with Pakistani music being popular in India or vice-versa, but Indian singers clearly need some inspiration, that's why they keep copying. There's a reason why no Indian song is ever copied by a Pakistani singer.
Good to see the jingoism alive and well.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I see i touched a nerve. And yet, they keep obsessing with Pakistan despite all the progress, and no election campaign can be run without Pakistan. Really funny.
And our singers don't need fame from India (see AUR collaborating with Zayn), and not that there's anything wrong with Pakistani music being popular in India or vice-versa, but Indian singers clearly need some inspiration, that's why they keep copying. There's a reason why no Indian song is ever copied by a Pakistani singer.
Good to see the jingoism alive and well.
Thats the new world order.

Users who are viewing this thread