T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

They wanted this match to happen way more compared to any other matches. For a 10.30 start a 5 over match to begin latest by 2.16 is a long time given to both teams.

Also this is a slap on face for US Cricket and ICC both as the ground saw no rain for 7 hours and yet were not able to dry it up. Horrible overall. This leg is going to be such
The local area is under feet of water.

The local area is under feet of water.
I get it but from 7 am to 1.30 pm there was no rain. Are you telling me that for 6 and half hours they could not dry the ground?

If they could not, fine. ICC has to be blamed for not providing adequate technology. I would think since this is ICC event, they should have provided things that would get games going in these cases.

I get it but from 7 am to 1.30 pm there was no rain. Are you telling me that for 6 and half hours they could not dry the ground?

If they could not, fine. ICC has to be blamed for not providing adequate technology. I would think since this is ICC event, they should have provided things that would get games going in these cases.
There's absolutely nothing you can do to get rid of that amount of water. It's like asking why they couldn't clear a ground to play cricket during a six-hour break in weather during the monsoon season. One other thing worth considering is that South Florida doesn't drain - it's built on reclaimed wetlands for the most part (I don't know specifically about Lauderhill and can't face checking right now), and that means the water table is always high.

Honestly the fact that they put in such effort and came reasonably close to getting cricket on is a huge credit to the groundstaff.

Are South Africans playing bad or are we back on New York pitch?

I don't think blaming the ICC works here tbh. I agree this game could have started in any other city, however the ICC has chosen USA to spread the game. If they continue this trend and have WT20 games in Associate Nations , they will end up growing the game.

More games in USA means there's a likelihood of the super sopper and other things coming into play.

Another team starting with N giving trouble to South Africa.
Post automatically merged:

Rooting for Nepal for this and Bangladesh game so they too can make it to next stage.

:facepalm:facepalm Horrible shot by the skipper. Unnecessary and it shows the immatureness

Users who are viewing this thread