Story 10 Over Tri-Series (C2005)

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
No, this isn't a copy of the last thread :p

10 Over Tri-Series Announced

Today Cricket Australia announced that England and South Africa will be coming to Australia for some 10 Over games. James Sutherland was very happy to announce the tournament. "This is something new that we are trialling, we hope it is a success. I am sure players and fans alike will enjoy this series". Sutherland said proudly at the announcement.

The fixtures. I don't know if the players will enjoy such a short break between games.

James Sutherland at the announcement of the Tri-Series

Last edited:

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
The games keep getting smaller and smaller... i play these with my mates they are heaps of fun i will be following. "Buckle Down" and get to work (GET THE DRUMS OUT!!)

kookaburra69

International Coach
Good luck to this mate,Ill be supporting England on this one:p

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Squads and Pre Series Hype

Squads and Pre Series Hype​

Australia was the first side to announce there squad:

Ricky Ponting had this to say: We have chosen a strong side, but we have chosen a few young guns to see if they can show me and the selectors what they can do.

England were next:

English captain, Michael Vaughan said this about his squad: We have picked the best capable side. After our 50 Over Tri Series victory last time me and the rest of the side are quitetly confident we can snare a win.

Last but not least, South Africa:

Outspoken Seth Afrecian Graeme Smith captain had this to say: I am not going to say anything stupid this time, heck maybe I will. We will win this tournament with ease".

Thanks Graeme for making another stupid comment
-------------------------------------------------------

If anyone can suggest a better colour for the South Africans I would appreciate it very much.

kookaburra69

International Coach
Maybe a dark green?
And wouldnt England be more suited to a dark blue rather than red?

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
The games keep getting smaller and smaller... i play these with my mates they are heaps of fun i will be following. "Buckle Down" and get to work (GET THE DRUMS OUT!!)

I can't be stuffed to bat and bowl for 100 overs.

Good luck to this mate,Ill be supporting England on this one:p

Thanks for that Kooka. I am remeber you where a keen supporter of my last failed story:D

Maybe a dark green?
And wouldnt England be more suited to a dark blue rather than red?

What about Australia? Sorry to bother you. I use dark blue for England from now on instead of red.

Last edited:

kookaburra69

International Coach
Hmm i forgot about Australia lol,Maybe you should just stick to that horrible shade of green.
Yellow doesnt really show up well either so you cant use it for aussie.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Pitch, Weather, Line-Ups and Toss

Pitch, Weather, Line-ups and Toss​

Richie Beanuad: Hello and welcome to Adelaide for the first game in the 10 Over Tri Series. Australia will lock horns with South Africa so it is one vs two in the 50 Over format. Let's go down to Tony Greig for the pitch report and the toss.

Tony Greig: Thank you Richie. Well, what can I say about this pitch it is hard so runs should be easy to come by on this pitch. If you look here *camera zooms in* there is a bit of an uneven part but other than that it should be very very hard work for the bowlers. Whoever wins the toss should bat first. Back to you Rich

Pitch and weather​

RB: Thanks for that Tony. Let's go through the line-ups now go through the line-ups.

Australia:

Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Hodge
Hogg
Bracken
Lee
Tait

And for South Africa:

Gibbs
Smith
Kallis
Rudolph
Dippenar
Prince
Boucher
Pollock
Boje
Ntini
Nel

Still Richie Beanuad: Suprisingly South Africa have won the toss and elected to field. Interesting decision there by Smith, I thought batting first would've been a better option.

Bill Lawry: Well obvisouly Smith knows something we don't. So much for Tony's pitch report.

RB: I guess you are right Bill. Now let's head to the action.

kookaburra69

International Coach
Two strong line-ups there,hopefully Australia will post a huge total and this will be an entertaining match.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Lets go aussie boys! i hope tait destoys the boks

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Half-Way Update

Richie Beanuad: Well, what a lovely 10 Overs of cricket that was. Wickets dropped catches, run outs and big hits for six. Let's recap it shall we. Gilchrist departed for a duck and Hayden went for 8. It looked like it was going to be a short innings for Australia but Ponting combined lovely with Symonds and the pair put on a 50 odd run partnership Symonds ending up not out. Clarke unfortunately went for a duck and Hussey remained on 6*.

Bill Lawry: Yes, Rich. It was really quite marvellous on how the Australians batted. Ponting and Symonds both got dropped early in there innings and they punished the South Africans.

Tony Greig: You sure they aren't Victorian?

BL: Oh shut up Tony.

RB: Moving on. Do you think the South Africans bowled poorly?

TG: No, I don't Rich, I just think the Australian batting beautifully.

RB: Here are the stats of the innings

Australian Batting Card​

South African Bowling Card​

The highlight of the innings, Symonds bringing up his 50.

Still Richie Benuad: So South Africa require 106 runs to win at 10.6 runs per over. We will back after this short break.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Australia Wins In a Thriller!

Richie Beanuad: What a thrilling contest we have had at the Adealaide Oval. Australia batted first and made 4/106 and then South Africa comes out and falls just short and makes 5/99. What a great game!

Tony Greig: Yes Rich. It was quite marvellous if I say so my self. Michael Clarke bowled extremely well and Lee was outsanding in both overs. I just don't think South Africa applied them selves at the start of the innings.

Bill Lawry: This just shows Australia are really improving with there death bowling. Brett Lee finished with a maiden when South Africa needed seven runs of the last over. It was just outstanding.

RB: Yes I agree with all those comments. Kallis and Gibbs also batted well for the South Africans but it wasn't enough in the end. Let's take a look at the scorecards from the innings.

South African Batting Card

http://imageshack.us
The Australian Bowling Card

Clarke celebrating his hattrick with his team-mates. He looks as proud as punch as well

Still Richie Benaud: So to rap up Australia win by seven runs. Now we go down we will go down Mark Nicholas for the match presentation.

Match Presentation

MN: Thank you very much Richie. I must say we have witnessed something truly special today. A great game indeed. First I would like to call upon South African captain Graeme Smith Graeme, you couldn't get over the line today, why do you think you didn'y win?.

Graeme Smith: Australia bowled really good at the death, Brett Lee especially. We just couldn't put him away.

MN: You put down a few catches in the field it hurt you in the end. Do you think you should of taken those catches?

GS: Well at international level you have to take your catches, we didn't today and it haunted us in the end. I think we just have to practice that little extra.

MN: Thanks Graeme. I would know like to call upon today's winning captain, Ricky Ponting. Ricky, you must be pleased the way you bowled today.

RP: Yeah defienetly. We were expensive at times but the way we finished was just great.

MN: Your batting, you must of been happy with. You were going great till you had a bit of a mix up with Symonds.

RP: Yeah it was great to get back in the middle again. I was playing well, I think Symo owes me a beer after that. *laughs*

MN: Thank you Ricky. I would know like to call upon today's man of the pitch Andrew Symonds. Andrew, you were in punishing form today. How did it feel being in the middle?

AS: It was really great. I love batting and I think I was hitting them pretty sweatly today.

MN: I'll say. Do you like the 10 Over Format?

AS: Yeah! It is a bit of fun. I can go out there and have a bit of a hit. I would really like to thank the person that thought of this idea :D

MN: Thank you. Ladies and Gentlemen today's man of the match, Andrew Symonds. Back to you Richie!

RB: Thank you Mark. We all hope you have enjoyed today's game of cricket between Australia and South Africa. We hope you can join us next time. From all the people on the commentary team, goodbye!

kookaburra69

International Coach
Nice match mate,Australia played a lot better than South Africa and really deserved the win?

Users who are viewing this thread