Story 10 Over Tri-Series (C2005)

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
10 over games are fun with mates, lots of entertainment

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
10 overs is too short. Next we'll be playing one over. One ball per bowler.

I don't have the concentration to bat and bowl for 100 overs. This allows me to do a story without having to concentrate to much.

Pitch, Weather, Line-Ups and Toss

Richie Beanuad: Hello and welcome to Bellerive Oval for game of 5 the 10 Over Tri-Series Cup. Today's match will see two of the great rivals go head to head. Yes, I am talking about Australia and England. As usual I am joined by Mark Nicholas and Bill Lawry. Mark, who do you think will come out on top today?

Mark Nicholas: Richie, I just can't go past Australia. They played a lot better than England when they last met, so if Australia does the same I think we will see the same result.

Bill Lawry: Yes Mark. Australia were all over England last time. I just can't see them improving that much in a short space of time.

RB: Thank you Mark and Bill for your views and opinions. Let's go to Tony Grieg for the pitch report.

Tony's Pitch Report

Tony Grieg: Thank you very much Rich. For once in this tournament the curator has produced a bowlers pitch. It is green and has grass on it left, right and centre. I am sure the bowlers can't wait to get out here today and have a bowl because I can't see to many big scores being posted today. I would win the toss and bowl first. I would say today a par good score would be around 70-80. Back to you Rich.

http://imageshack.us
Bowl first and take advantage of the conditions​

RB: Now let's go through the line-ups. England first:

A strong England side would want to redeem themselves after that dreadful showing in Adelaide​

Only one change for the Australian side. Clark comes in for Lee

RB: Well it looks like a bowlers pitch but suprisingly England have elected to bat first. We will be back after this short ad break. Don't go away!

Clarke Gets Four In Four As England Crashes To 56 All Out

Richie Beanuad: Hello and welcome back to the Bellerive Oval where Australia have bowled out England for a meagre 56. As usual I am joined by Mark Nicholas, Bill Lawry and Tony Grieg. Mark, that was quite a bowling performance by the Australian side.

Mark Nicholas: You are right Richie. Michael Clarke was absoutely marvellous. He got 6/9 off his two overs, including the four wickets in four balls. Australia were just asserting there authority from the word go and it showed.

Bill Lawry: That is how the Australian side goes about there work. They don't let up until the job is done and that is what they did today. They were abosutely ruthless. A truely outstanding performance.

Tony Grieg: Yes Rich. That really was quite marvellous how the Australians played today. They just need to finish it of with there batting.

RB: Thank you all for your comments and view. As usual let's take a look at some of the innings scorecards and highlights.

England Batting Card​

Australian Bowling Card​

Stuart Clark clean bowls Kevin Pietersen

RB: We will be back after this short break to see if Australia can chase down 57 runs at a rate of 5.7 runs per over.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Australia Scraps Home In A Thriller

Richie Beanuad: Welcome back to the Bellerive Oval where we have just seen a marvellous game of cricket being played. Australia just scrapping home in the last over finishing up with 6/57. Gilchrist and Ponting made the only decent contributions with 18 and 16 respectively but the rest could only manage a few runs. I am here with Tony Grieg and Bill Lawry. Tony why do you think the Australians batted so bad?

Tony Grieg: I think they rushed everything. They wanted to get the bonus point but in the end they nearly lost the game all together.

Bill Lawry: I think that is a fair comment Tony. England also bowled well but Australia deserved the win more I think.

RB: As usual let's take a look at some of the scorecards from the innings:

Australian Batting Card

England Bowling Card

RB: Let's go down now to Mark Nicholas for the match presentation.

Match Presentation

Mark Nicholas: What an enthralling encounter we have witnessed today from both sides. England went so close to snatching a victory but in the end Australia was just to strong. First of all I would like to call to the stage, Michael Vaughan. Michael you were so close to winning today. Why couldn't you get across the line?

Michael Vaughan: I think it was quite obvious. We didn't bat well enough. Our bowlers did a great job but they didn't have a big enough total to defend.

MN: You gave away the winning runs. That must of been dissapointing for you.

MV: Oh defienetly. I had a role to play by trying to keep it tight in the last over and I couldn't do that.

MN: Thanks for your time Michael. Now I would like to call upon the Australian captain, Ricky Ponting. Ricky you just won today. Were you nervous sitting in the dressing room as the overs ticked down?

Ricky Ponting: Yes. Monty bowled a great two overs and he started the tight bowling. We just couldn't get anyone away. Lucky we did hit the runs in the last over.

MN: You made a contribution today, you must've been pleased with that.

RP: Not really no. We had to chase a target and I gave my wicket away for quick runs to try and get a bonus point. I think I could've batted to the situation a bit better.

MN: Thanks for your time Ricky. Now I would like to call upon today's man of the match, it wasn't hard to pick. Michael Clarke could you please come up to the stage. You bowled outstanding today. What was it like getting four wickets in four balls?

Michael Clarke: It was great. I was really nervous on the hattrick ball, I am just glad it came out alright. To get 6/9 in just two overs is something I will always cherish.

MN: How did the boys react to your second hattrick of the tournament?

MC: They were all really happy for me. Some of the guys were a bit jealous cause I am a part-timer and I have taken two hattricks.
MN: Thanks for your time Michael. Ladies and gentlemen, today's man of the match, Michael Clarke. Back to you Rich.

RB: Thank you very much Mark. Let's take a look at the current standings:

Australia are way infront on 22 points played 4 matches without losing one. South Africa are in second place with 6 points and the one win and England are last on 2 points loosing all of there games so far. We hope you have enjoyed our coverage of today's game. We hope you can join us next time when South Africa takes on England at the SCG. Until then, goodbye for now!

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
:eek :eek
Has Clarke become a world class left arm orthodox now? 6/9 in the test arena, and now 6/9 in the 10/10 format. That is amazing! :eek

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
wow!! M.Clarke.. the new bowling sensation!! :P

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
exact same figures!!! SCARY!!!

After I was like. "Hey that is his best figures in test match cricket as well"

Thanks Feelin Blue for pointing that out :D

South Africa Into The Finals

South Africa have squeezed into the finals of the 10 Over Tri-Series cup by defeating England by 6 wickets. England batted and made 2/81 off there 10 overs but it wasn't enough as the South Africans then finished up with 4/83 to make sure they are in the finals of the tournament.

So the next match is between South Africa and Australia at the MCG.

Pitch, Weather, Line-Ups and Toss

Richie Beanuad: Hello and welcome to the MCG where Australia will take on South Africa in the finals of the 10 Over Tri-Series Tournament. If one side wins the first two then the third one will not be played. Here with me is Bill Lawry and Mark Nicholas. Bill, who do you think will win today?

Bill Lawry: The Australian side has been good all throughout this tournament. I think they will win today.

Mark Nicholas: I agree with Bill. Australia have out-muscled every team in this tournament. They should get the cash.

RB: Thanks for your views and comments. Let's go down to Tony Grieg with the pitch report.

Tony's Pitch Report

Tony Grieg: Thank you very much Richie. I look at this pitch. It is hard and dry. Batsmen should find it easy scoring runs on this pitch. Bolwers are going to have to work hard if they want to get a rewards. My view is bat first and score around 90-100 runs. Back to you Rich.

RB: Thank you Tony for that. Let's go through the team now, Australia first:​

Now for South Africa:​

We can now tell you that Australia has won the toss and elected to bat first. We will be back after this short break.

Australia Posts Biggest Score Of The Tournament

Richie Beanuad: Welcome back to the MCG. Where the Australian team has posted the biggest score of the tournament so far and what a time to do it in the first final. I am joined by Tony Grieg, Bill Lawry and Mark Nicholas. Tony, how did you view Australia's performance?

Tony Grieg: It was great. They batted well and used there 10 overs to their best of their ablities. It will be very hard for South Africa to chase this score down.

Bill Lawry: You are right Tony. Australia was ruthless in hitting the South African bowlers to all parts of the grounds. Australia are in the driving seat.

Mark Nicholas: South Africa didn't bowl to the best of there abilities. They really need to perform with the bat now if they want to have a chance of winning this one.

RB: Thanks for all of your views. Let's take a look at some of the scorecards from the innings:

RB: Now that we have looked at those scorecards we are going to go to a break. Will South Africa be able to chase down 121 runs at 12.1 runs per over? Don't go away!

Last edited:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Australia Just Does Enough For A Win

Richie Beanuad: Welcome back to the MCG where Australia has just edged out South Africa in this highly entertaining game of cricket. As usual I am joined by Tony Grieg and Bill Lawry. Tony, what are your thoughts on the South African innings.

Tony Grieg: They batted to slow at the start and I think that is why they didn't get over the line today. Australia were also their usual. Very good bowling whilst backing it up with good fielding.

Bill Lawry: That is typical of the Australian side. They bowled really good all the way through but some freakish batting from the South African lower order, Pollock and Ntini hitting sixes off yorkers nearly costed Australia in the end.

RB: Thanks for your views. Let's take a look at some of the innings scorecards:

RB: Let's go down to Mark Nicholas for the match presentation.

Match Presentation

Mark Nicholas: Thank you very much Richie. Today's game was good but lets hope that the second final is a great game. Now I would like to call upon the South African captain Graeme Smith. Graeme, you must be dissapointed to lose today.

Graeme Smith: Yes of course. If we want to win this tournament we are going to have to win the next two games which is going to be difficult but I believe the boys can do it.

MN: You batted to slow at the start today. Do you think that cost you?

GS: Yes and no. Our bowling wasn't really up to scratch today. That didn't help our cause either.

MN: Thanks for your time Graeme. Now I would like to call upon the Australian captain, Ricky Ponting. Ricky you must've been pleased with your team's performance today.

Ricky Ponting: Oh of course. We started well with our batting and our bowlers finished it off. We leaked some runs in the end.

MN: You haven't lost a game so far in the tournament. That must put a smile on your face.

RP: Of course. We could have bowled slightly better at the death, the South African lower order hit out nicely at the end. I think we can play better, but I am happy with our performances so far.

MN: Thank you for your time Ricky. Now I would like to call upon today's man of the match, Michael Clarke. Michael, you have really started to bowl well.

Michael Clarke: Ricky is showing faith in me and I just keeping on throwing it up there and getting wickets.

MN: Are you pleased you are getting wickets?

MC: Of course I am. It is always great to pick up some particuarly as a part-timer. Sometimes, Binga (Brett Lee) comes around saying I ain't leaving enough wickets for him.

MN: Thanks for your time Michael. Ladies and gentlemen, today's man of the match, Michael Clarke. Back to you Richie.

RB: Thanks for that Mark. We hope you have enjoyed our coverage of today's game. We hope you can join us next time when Australia clashes South Africa in the second final of the 10 Over Tri-Series Tournament in Sydney. Until then goodbye for now!

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Clarke you star! Great great great!
Those commentators are silly. They just edged out South Africa? Aussies won by 30 runs! That's a flogging in my opinion!

Roofrom50

International Coach
Great presentation mate, 1st time i have looked at this story and it has potential, keep up the good work :happy

Users who are viewing this thread