105th Birthday of Don Bradman

HBK can you tell us anything else about batting in this view, can you also bowl in this view and what is your top score. PS If it's ok with ross I mean.

It's one of those things with the really speedy batsmen that you do have to 'work your eye in'. You won't be able to just come out and start smashing 6's off every 150km/h bowler, you really have to wait and pick your shots. You may even have to block a whole over if they're good balls!

If you react late then you know the ramifications that could come in terms of edges and the ball flying off where you don't want it to go.

Facing a 150km/h+ ball in real life isn't easy and it certainly won't be in game either!

Thanks and totally agree. It's got to be that way when facing a 150 km/h delivery. What I am concerned about is how you can "pick" you shots against relatively slower bowlers (120s-130s) without pre-meditating what kind of stroke you will play.

@HBK: Since you've just recently joined BA, could you please share the details on the learning curve? Like how long did it take for you to get comfortable playing with "No HUD" as this is such a big departure from any previous cricket game. Would love your thoughts on this :yes

MikeM was saying today that he finds it very difficult to go back to other views when playing as he finds this one is so good.

HBK can you tell us anything else about batting in this view, can you also bowl in this view and what is your top score. PS If it's ok with ross I mean.

To be practical, bowling can't be possible for a game in this view. Camera will be so shaky it would be like an earthquake

BTW the camera has been nailed. Previous games, it was impossible to see full length delivery in this view. This shows this game would be far bigger challenge then any other.

I hope there is play sessions in first half of next month so we can get more details and experience from us avg Joe's

I don't really have a 'top score' at the moment, mainly due to trying to get through what I can with the game, I tend to rush and go out quick! It's not all play and no work as much as I'd love it to be (although it's still all fun!). ;)

I believe MikeM almost made a 50 the other day while using the view though. We won't mention all the ducks he's got though. ;)
Thanks and totally agree. It's got to be that way when facing a 150 km/h delivery. What I am concerned about is how you can "pick" you shots against relatively slower bowlers (120s-130s) without pre-meditating what kind of stroke you will play.

@HBK: Since you've just recently joined BA, could you please share the details on the learning curve? Like how long did it take for you to get comfortable playing with "No HUD" as this is such a big departure from any previous cricket game. Would love your thoughts on this :yes
I personally feel I'm still learning it all really. It's certainly not going to be one of those games where you pick it up and start smashing boundaries within an over.

With regards to the No HUD and ball trail, I've mentioned it before but I felt it was the first element that really grabbed me as "why hasn't this been done before?" (or at least why haven't I seen it like this - I have played plenty of cricket games, but not every single one so apologies if something similar has been done - I at least mean the no marker part anyway). It felt so right and so 'cricket'.

I'm not one for disparaging other products, but this really feels like the only way you can play a cricket game now. First person batting + the comet/trail really makes for such a unique, but right feeling game.

Last edited:
Video looks awesome. Atmosphere is great. Think of inswinging yorker at that speed. No time to react. BOOM!!!

This game is definitely not pick up and play right away. There is a big group learning curve. Well done Ross and team. Kudos to you :thumbs

HBK, last question or ross maybe will pull the plug.
How are the other views to this one then, if MikeM has not made a 50 yet how are you guys at the other views in the game.

PS I lied:( how is bug testing and balancing and other things going. You were hired for a reason right not just to play the game you lucky bas...d:spy

Since so long we have been asking Ross to upload a video which has the sound of the ball hitting the bat.....now that he has, I am surprised noone commented on it!! I guess it means that BigAnt got it spot on, as people didnt notice anything wrong there :yes!

You won't be able to just come out and start smashing 6's off every 150km/h bowler, you really have to wait and pick your shots. You may even have to block a whole over if they're good balls!

If you react late then you know the ramifications that could come in terms of edges and the ball flying off where you don't want it to go.

Facing a 150km/h+ ball in real life isn't easy and it certainly won't be in game either!

100% how it should be!!!! Brilliant job!!! If someone does manage to hit a 150+km/h bowler all around the park then it has to be a 'special' innings than a 'regular' one!!!

But there are so many styles to choose from, not many that are big enough for my head of course.

In game I do like the ones with Perspex on them because I can look up into the sun get blinded by the rainbow :)

Wow...I wanted to ask this question that whether different helmets available in the CA would have different views, but didnt, as I thought it would be too early to start nitpicking, and frankly I thought that would not be in the game, but as usual, you guys managed to surprise me :cheers!!!

The video would have been more spicy if we had a first person look at a leg spin delivery, something like what Mike Gatting got from Shane Keith Warne :D

The video would have been more spicy if we had a first person look at a leg spin delivery, something like what Mike Gatting got from Shane Keith Warne :D

Would be all the more special when we create such cool videos of our own after we get the game in our hands, and then upload them to facebook and youtube :yes!!

I think at this point Play session date is more important than the release date as we will get loads of videos from playsession...:)

Hi Ross this probably has been answered, but can you remove that red thing on showing the dynamic of the ball.

Hi Ross this probably has been answered, but can you remove that red thing on showing the dynamic of the ball.

It's more familiar by the name 'comet' over here. And much long, irritating, frustrating, repetitive, overpowering, mind boggling, arguments, suggestions, discussions has been done on this, which you were very lucky to miss.. Saved you from all the worries and tiredness. :yes
To sum them all up: The red trail (comet) is there to assist batting/fielding.. to see where the ball went... And can in no way be changed or turned off in any formats of the game... :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread