105th Birthday of Don Bradman

After some of the posts you put on here, how can you be embarrassed for anyone other than yourself? I've never known anyone that uses photoshop to get attention as much as you.

Haha... oooh burn! Fortunately, Biggs can overcome this minor sting..

It's more familiar by the name 'comet' over here. And much long, irritating, frustrating, repetitive, overpowering, mind boggling, arguments, suggestions, discussions has been done on this, which you were very lucky to miss.. Saved you from all the worries and tiredness. :yes
To sum them all up: The red trail (comet) is there to assist batting/fielding.. to see where the ball went... And can in no way be changed or turned off in any formats of the game... :thumbs

Thought Ross mentioned there's the possibility of it being turned off (via a patch, if enough people make noise... or something like that)?

Thought Ross mentioned there's the possibility of it being turned off (via a patch, if enough people make noise... or something like that)?

Did he?
'Cause as far as I remember I was the one (along with many others) who suggested this to be done if many of us voted against it.
But at that time we didn't know much of the mechanism.
So, Ross/MikeM rightly indicated that turning it off will make the playing quite unreasonably difficult, and shouldn't be an option.

Maybe I misread, but somehow I'm thinking Ross mentioned it... Anyway, that's that.

Maybe I misread, but somehow I'm thinking Ross mentioned it... Anyway, that's that.

I did say that we might patch in an option to turn it off if there was a perceived need for it. We will see I guess what public opinion is.

It's one of those things with the really speedy bowlers that you do have to 'work your eye in'. You won't be able to just come out and start smashing 6's off every 150km/h bowler, you really have to wait and pick your shots. You may even have to block a whole over if they're good balls!If you react late then you know the ramifications that could come in terms of edges and the ball flying off where you don't want it to go.

Facing a 150km/h+ ball in real life isn't easy and it certainly won't be in game either!Yes, I have. And the implementation of the camera, from the personal experience of both wearing a real helmet and playing this camera in game is that it's spot on.

Thanks for the response HBK. I guess my concern is this: fast bowlers can leak runs. Look at the likes of Tino Best and Brett Lee who are/were sharp, but their economy rates were quite high, simply because shots scream off the bat. I just hope there is a trade off with speed of the ball coming onto the bat, and speed off the bat. Hence I am concerned about the ball just dribbling off the bat in the video, potentially indicating a bias towards very fast bowlers where they are impossible to play, and just as hard to score off as spinners, where you need to generate your own power from batspeed...

Slash hard at a ball outside offstump from a spinner and and edge will go to gully. Slash hard at the same type of ball from a quick and it will race away...this is how it should be in a game. International Cricket 10 was woeful at this. Edges would just bobble away, and the laws of physics were completely disregarded...

Thanks

Last edited:
I did say that we might patch in an option to turn it off if there was a perceived need for it. We will see I guess what public opinion is.

I am probably one of the very few who actually like the trailing effect, unlike most who are indifferent to it and some who hate it.

----------

Thanks for the response HBK. I guess my concern is this: fast bowlers can leak runs. Look at the likes of Tino Best and Brett Lee who are/were sharp, but their economy rates were quite high, simply because shots scream off the bat. I just hope there is a trade off with speed of the ball coming onto the bat, and speed off the bat. Hence I am concerned about the ball just dribbling off the bat in the video, potentially indicating a bias towards very fast bowlers where they are impossible to play, and just as hard to score off as spinners, where you need to generate your own power from batspeed...

Slash hard at a ball outside offstump from a spinner and and edge will go to gully. Slash hard at the same type of ball from a quick and it will race away...this is how it should be in a game. International Cricket 10 was woeful at this. Edges would just bobble away, and the laws of physics were completely disregarded...

Thanks

In the video it seemed like a yorker and the batsman digged the ball out. Hence you hear a muffled sound of the ball hitting the ground and bat together. Since BA promised they will implement real time physics, i am not overly concerned about well timed shots off fast bowler going for 4 easily. I am also sure bowling fast probably would mess up accuracy of the bowler also.

I don't mind the comet as long as it adds to the experience that can only be established by playing the game or having some impressions from Mattw when he visits Big Ants.

I like the comet so far, will judge when I get the game or see more and ross said if needed there will be a patch. End of the story.

Well, regarding the comet trail, it's not about liking or disliking it. I personally don't mind it, yet I want to have an option to disable it if I wish to play like that, no matter how impossible it makes it to play the game. If I want to take up the challenge of playing without it, the game should provide me an option, specially nice this game is all about providing the freedom to the players to do whatever they want.

Also, the game looks much more realistic without the trail, so it will add a wow factor as well when showing it to friends, as someone mentioned earlier.....this will be helpful in promoting this game through word of mouth.

If it is not a lot of work, I think BigAnt should provide an option to turn the trail off, and the flexibility to turn it off only for batting or fielding or both (as some may wanna bat without the trail but need it to assist in fielding).

I think the video is also from debug build as the sound sync problem is there....If you use the option of track sync in VLC player and set the advance of audio over video option to -0.300 s then it sounds right...:D

I take the point however Stadia sound is often not "direct" and bounces off things.

Users who are viewing this thread